Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by ment2be134 »

First off i don't think she had any Best friends in Phoenex and if she did it was her mom.

And i don't know if your still on this subject but i felt that i wanted to comment. Bella and Edward (to me ) are similar in a lot of ways but really different too. When i was reading the comments about Bella and Edward's Love and how it's equal i would have to say that i think that Bella Loves Edward less than Edward loves her. But i think it more has to with her ability to love. when i read the book i got the feeling that Vampires, along with there many other talents, have a more intense emotional range than humans do. So saying that, i think Bella loves Edward just as much as she can, it is just a more human way. Does that make sense? sorry if it doesn't. :)
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I think that's a very valid point, ment2be134. I think Bella loved Edward more than she had ever loved anyone else; she loved him to the best of her ability, and got better at loving over time. When she became a vampire, her ability and capacity to both love an be loving had increased--especially as she now had Renesmee and experienced a mother's love as well! Perhaps this series is all about how Bella learned to love.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Esme echo wrote:I think that's a very valid point, ment2be134. I think Bella loved Edward more than she had ever loved anyone else; she loved him to the best of her ability, and got better at loving over time. When she became a vampire, her ability and capacity to both love an be loving had increased--especially as she now had Renesmee and experienced a mother's love as well! Perhaps this series is all about how Bella learned to love.
I agree, Bella mentioned when she became a vampire that if she did not have any talent, at least her ability to love Edward like no one could ever love any else was enough for her. Now that's a lot of love!!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
twilightroxmysox
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightroxmysox »

Lunna-san wrote:
twilightroxmysox wrote:Hey I was just looking at this forum and you say you can't find examples of Bella showing her love for Edward. I was just wondering what things Edward did to prove his love for Bella more. I know he tried to protect her a lot but its not like he was risking his life much because he's virtually indestructible. Also a lot of the time when he did try to protect her it was from things that wouldn't have happened if she wasn't involved with him so guilt is a possible motivator. Thats not what I think I'm just wondering what Edward did to prove his love more?
Don't you think that giving up on human life, more kids and even her mother wasn't a proof of love too? Edward might be more romantic, but Bella also made sacrifices to be with him.
I do think it was proof of love and that Bella made sacrifices and stuff I just want to know what did Edward do to prove to everyone that he loved Bella so much more? I think they both proved they loved each other but everyone is saying that Edward loved her more than she loved him because he did more things to prove his love and I just wanted to know what specific things he did? If someone could think of examples maybe?
thanks to lalaith913 for the image

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Paste him on your sig so he can gain control!

E<3B
ment2be134
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ment2be134 »

twilightroxmysox wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
twilightroxmysox wrote:Hey I was just looking at this forum and you say you can't find examples of Bella showing her love for Edward. I was just wondering what things Edward did to prove his love for Bella more. I know he tried to protect her a lot but its not like he was risking his life much because he's virtually indestructible. Also a lot of the time when he did try to protect her it was from things that wouldn't have happened if she wasn't involved with him so guilt is a possible motivator. Thats not what I think I'm just wondering what Edward did to prove his love more?
Don't you think that giving up on human life, more kids and even her mother wasn't a proof of love too? Edward might be more romantic, but Bella also made sacrifices to be with him.
I do think it was proof of love and that Bella made sacrifices and stuff I just want to know what did Edward do to prove to everyone that he loved Bella so much more? I think they both proved they loved each other but everyone is saying that Edward loved her more than she loved him because he did more things to prove his love and I just wanted to know what specific things he did? If someone could think of examples maybe?

I think Bella thought that since Edward was always in constant pain by the thirst she thought that was a huge sacrifice and i don't know if it was so much about the sacrifice. but i wont get into to much of there relationship here
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."
~ Edward Cullen

"she's diabolical" ~Emmet Cullen
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

twilightroxmysox wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:
Well when you read Midnight Sun you'd understand. He goes against everything to be with her. Before I read it I never saw the story that way but... it's amazing how much safe control he had and how he struggled with unbearable pain because he loved her like he never dreamed to love anyone.
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Loooove Bella!!! :D 8-)
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

I'm sure everyone has heard of "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer." I know she was in love with Angel-a vampire, who struggled between being good or evil. I didn't see this show, but I remember seeing a promo for a episode where Angel was very week, and NEEDED to drink blood. So, Buffy went to him, and said, "drink me." I think she almost died from it. Bella would soooo do that for Edward. Don't you guys think so?
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

Yeah... she would definitely do the same for Edward. She would die for him but she would never be strong enough to live without him. Bella is ready to do anything to save him, even if that means she has to die and that's what makes her love so deep and self giving.
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

velvet_voice wrote:Yeah... she would definitely do the same for Edward. She would die for him but she would never be strong enough to live without him. Bella is ready to do anything to save him, even if that means she has to die and that's what makes her love so deep and self giving.
So true! And talking about who loves more, I think it IS equal, just differnet since Edward is a vampire, and Bella is human. Make sense? Also, does Edward turn Bella into a vampire? If so, how does she finally convince him, to bite her? I heard that if a vampire bites you, but doesn't kill you, you don't become a vampire. If they KILL you, you become a vampire. Isn't that how it works? That's what I remember hearing.
Chantell
Team Edward for life!