Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

of course she wasn't as aware of her emotions as she thought she was! her relationship with edward and her love for him infiltrated every part of her life and every fiber of her being. she didn't have any relationships or set any limits that didn't relate to edward in some way.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

why is everyone hating bella in BD, yes i agree she is more imature but you have to agree with me i mean she was pregnant most of the book with a monster at that. (not that i don't like rennesme cause i do) :cry: i think that leah just doesn't like bella so she decides to be mean to her at the worst time possible. it's just a little bit...rude to think bella is...imature because she started crying. she was pregnant. i think she was imature because of her choices not because of her reaction to harsh words. it's natural to cry, it's not her fault. in my opinion leah is lucky edward didn't rip her head off. :| :D :lol:
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

i think she is very mature for her age and for all the resposiblity of being a mother and all of that but she is one of my favorite characters but she knows how to have fun even if shes accident prone
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Tinkerbell 31 wrote:i think she is very mature for her age and for all the resposiblity of being a mother and all of that but she is one of my favorite characters but she knows how to have fun even if shes accident prone
I love Bella! I think people need to remember there is a reason why Edward loves Bella.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

mrs0cullen wrote:why is everyone hating bella in BD, yes i agree she is more imature but you have to agree with me i mean she was pregnant most of the book with a monster at that. (not that i don't like rennesme cause i do) :cry: i think that leah just doesn't like bella so she decides to be mean to her at the worst time possible. it's just a little bit...rude to think bella is...imature because she started crying. she was pregnant. i think she was imature because of her choices not because of her reaction to harsh words. it's natural to cry, it's not her fault. in my opinion leah is lucky edward didn't rip her head off. :| :D :lol:
what?! everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course, but really, how does crying at Leah's rather harsh words make Bella immature. she was pregnant for heaven's sake! yeah, she did make some immature choices, but crying at being yelled at is not immature, in my opinion. especially since she knew that Leah was right.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

... no one is saying Bella is immature because she cried when Leah yelled at her, although a general pattern of Bella's is that she can't take criticism.

Leah yelled at Bella because Bella was being ridiculous towards Jacob and in general, not because she "just wanted to be mean"

it's not rude to have an opinion about a fictional character.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

holdingoutforjacob wrote: it's not rude to have an opinion about a fictional character.
Truer words have never been spoken. Personally I enjoyed that Bella made some quickly thought out and "immature" choices. She was 17/18 wen the books take place and that is still young in today's world. 18 may mean that you are legally an adult but it doesn't always mean that you are suddenly mature and capable of making life changing decisions overnight. Bella won't always make the best decisions, it's human nature. We are not all saints and we don't always make the best choices either.
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

I totally agree. I like Bella just the way she is.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jack wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote: it's not rude to have an opinion about a fictional character.
Truer words have never been spoken. Personally I enjoyed that Bella made some quickly thought out and "immature" choices. She was 17/18 wen the books take place and that is still young in today's world. 18 may mean that you are legally an adult but it doesn't always mean that you are suddenly mature and capable of making life changing decisions overnight. Bella won't always make the best decisions, it's human nature. We are not all saints and we don't always make the best choices either.
I couldn't post this better myself. Nice post, Jack! (sorry, but I thought you were a boy too. :oops: )

About her crying because of Leah's little lecture in BD... she was full of crazy hormones, probably ashamed of her strange behavior because she knew that was wrong, but she couldn't act different. More gulty because she was hurting Edward.... and also because Leah is probably not the most gentle person in the world. This doesn't make her a crybaby or immature. I think I'd have cried too.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

right so i might have said this before but ill say it again. i dont think love is quatifiable. there is no unit for love. it is an emotion and you cant say that Edward loves Bella more than Bella loves Edward. love is different for every person.

as for her inability to take crtisism. i dont think that this makes her a bad character. critisim is a hard thing to deal with for anyone, specially if it is unrestrained, like Leah's was. i mean c'mon. she was pregnant with a baby that her husband, sister and father in law wanted to kill, full of hormones, and was being attacked from the inside by said baby. i think you can cut her some slack for being upset that someone she barely knows who has no cmprehension of how she is feeling comes and has a go at her.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward