Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Bella Swan Cullen

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

It does, but it still doesn't explain why she went way out of her way to deceive the Cullen's in order to see Jacob in Eclipse. I get that they were friends, but I just seemed like she hurt Edward over it and didn't quite seem to care.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Jane V wrote: i almost cheered in BD when Leah yelled at Bella. it sounds mean, but Edward is always sheltering Bella; sometimes he takes it too far. Bella needed to see how much she was hurting Jake. she needed that kick in the butt. and Leah gave it to her. go Leah!

Yeah after Leah did that, I found new respect for her (Leah).
Bella was selfish because she needed 2 people to love her when she already knew that at some point she had to let one go.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

switzgal wrote:
Jane V wrote: i almost cheered in BD when Leah yelled at Bella. it sounds mean, but Edward is always sheltering Bella; sometimes he takes it too far. Bella needed to see how much she was hurting Jake. she needed that kick in the butt. and Leah gave it to her. go Leah!

Bella was selfish because she needed 2 people to love her when she already knew that at some point she had to let one go.
It wasn't Bella who needed Jacob during the pregnancy. It was Renesmee all the way. Bella didn't even sounded like herself.

I didn't cheer Leah when she did it. I mean, Bella/Renesmee needed some sense because she was hurting both Edward and Jacob. But she was wrong by the way she did it. Okay, Bella was wrong, but she was in a complicated condition. Leah yelling at her and stressing her the way she did could have hurried the labor and both Bella and Renesmee could have died. I know she did it because she cares about Jacob, but there are other ways of talking some sense to someone. And Leah didn't choose the best one.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Lunna-san wrote:
switzgal wrote:

It wasn't Bella who needed Jacob during the pregnancy. It was Renesmee all the way. Bella didn't even sounded like herself.

I didn't cheer at all Leah when she did that. I mean, okay Bella/Renesmee needed some sense because she was hurting both Edward and Jacob. AGAIN. But she was wrong by the way she did it. Bella was acting in a selfish way? Yes, but she was also in a complicated condition, even dangerous. Leah yelling at her and stressing her the way she did could have hurried the labor and both Bella and Renesmee could have died. I know she did it because she cares about Jacob, but there are other ways of talking some sense to someone. And Leah didn't choose the best one.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:It does, but it still doesn't explain why she went way out of her way to deceive the Cullen's in order to see Jacob in Eclipse. I get that they were friends, but I just seemed like she hurt Edward over it and didn't quite seem to care.
It was hard for me to stomach Bella in Eclipse - I really wanted to slap the wa-zoo out of her. :x
For me the first couple of times, I was wanting Edward to say "You know, Bella, you can not have your cake and it too. It's either him or me." But at the end of the day, he knew what to do and Bella knew who she wanted - she loved Edward and was in love with Edward, and she wanted Jacob to find his happiness somehow, but she needed a little self discovery to realize that she was in love with Jacob too, not like she was with Edward, but in love none of the less.

Each time I read these book, I get a little more insight into MIss Bella. Which is a good thing. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I think Bella's maternal instinct got in the way of her realizing how deep her feelings ran for Jacob. She couldn't stand to see him unhappy. She wanted to "fix" Jacob's problems; it takes a lot of maturity to realize that we can't fix other people's problems.

I also think this particular love triangle was complicated by Edward's feeling that in the long run, Bella would be better off with Jacob. Because Edward was so torn, he couldn't exert the emotional pressure he might of had he been more secure in claiming Bella. Did Edward's waffling have an effect on Bella? I'm not sure. But I don't think it helped the situation, either!
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Esme echo wrote:I think Bella's maternal instinct got in the way of her realizing how deep her feelings ran for Jacob. She couldn't stand to see him unhappy. She wanted to "fix" Jacob's problems; it takes a lot of maturity to realize that we can't fix other people's problems.

I also think this particular love triangle was complicated by Edward's feeling that in the long run, Bella would be better off with Jacob. Because Edward was so torn, he couldn't exert the emotional pressure he might of had he been more secure in claiming Bella. Did Edward's waffling have an effect on Bella? I'm not sure. But I don't think it helped the situation, either!
Yes, that totally sums it up!! Much better than my explanation, Esme echo. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Esme echo wrote: I also think this particular love triangle was complicated by Edward's feeling that in the long run, Bella would be better off with Jacob. Because Edward was so torn, he couldn't exert the emotional pressure he might of had he been more secure in claiming Bella. Did Edward's waffling have an effect on Bella? I'm not sure. But I don't think it helped the situation, either!
that's true, i suppose, but don't you think, that that particular feeling was so insignificant compared to other feelings Edward had. That regardless, if Edward thinks jacob is better for bella or not, that the complication was that, Edward would do anything to make bella happy, even if it costs him his happiness, even if it costs him Bella. I think, Edward couldn't make bella chose because he knew it would make her unhappy. so he'd rather suffer himself than make her suffer with him.

Navarre - agreed. i want to cause bella physical harm in eclipse too. well, you wanted to slap her. but i am willing to go further with the physical damage. okay, so naturally i am not a violent personal at all. but there are exceptions to every trait. yeah?

I don't really even think bella cared if edward got hurt by what she was doing. she aknowledged that he is hurt. but she never did anything about it.
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

malaz wrote:
I don't really even think bella cared if edward got hurt by what she was doing. she aknowledged that he is hurt. but she never did anything about it.
Yes, that is the part that truly makes me go huh? What are you guys are saying makes a lot of sense. Edward didn't think he was best for Bella and like you said, he was okay with him being unhappy, as long as Bella was happy. What I don't get was why she was okay with Edward being unhappy. I know she told Jake that she just wanted to be friends, but then she was constantly putting herself in a position where Jake could pressure her. I don't know, I've never been in love with two guys at the same time, so maybe I can't relate to what she was going through. But we saw the devastating reaction she had to Edward leaving. I know that was the driving force behind her seeking out Jacob. Maybe, unconsciously she wanted to to hurt Edward the way he had hurt her.
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:
malaz wrote:
Yes, that is the part that truly makes me go huh? What are you guys are saying makes a lot of sense. Edward didn't think he was best for Bella and like you said, he was okay with him being unhappy, as long as Bella was happy. What I don't get was why she was okay with Edward being unhappy. I know she told Jake that she just wanted to be friends, but then she was constantly putting herself in a position where Jake could pressure her. I don't know, I've never been in love with two guys at the same time, so maybe I can't relate to what she was going through. But we saw the devastating reaction she had to Edward leaving. I know that was the driving force behind her seeking out Jacob. Maybe, unconsciously she wanted to to hurt Edward the way he had hurt her.
Yeah, but malaz what could she do about it?

Hmm, I'm not sure that Bella is that "revenge" type, so even unconsciously,I don't think that's what happened. Bella just really wanted to see Jake. After all--he saved her from going mad.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.