Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:53 am

I'm almost scared to post on here lol. I agree with the majority of you that Edward is not stalkerish and creepy in any way. Hey, if Edward wanted to stalk me, he could feel free to any day! I just think that his love for Bella is so deep, he wants to protect her from what he is able. I failed to find anything wrong with Edward. Actually, when I am talking to my fiance, sometimes I'll slip up and say things like, "well Edward would..." or I'll find a way to bring Edward into it. It's sick I know, but I can't and don't want to help it! ;)
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward

twilightrocksmysocks
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightrocksmysocks » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:12 pm

AgentCross wrote:Funny, I thought that when Edward said goodbye to Jacob and Called him a Brother and a Son... that it was one of the more touching moments and was the only time I felt choked up. Maybe you just don't understand Edward's character/personality and thus thought that line was funny.

At this point i was crying.
I dont know why for sure but something about Edward calling Jacob his son. That to me say that he really understands all the Jake has gone through. Also how much pain seeing Bella like that was for him and he still
stayed and helped the Cullens. How could they be rivals anymore?

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 pm

for me, edward calling him a brother made me feel like that.....the son thing just left a funny taste in my mouth, so to speak.

i think "brother" showed that edward felt a very special bond with him, and cared about him, and understood. i think that "son" showed that he accepted him as the one for renesmee.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I'm almost scared to post on here lol. I agree with the majority of you that Edward is not stalkerish and creepy in any way. Hey, if Edward wanted to stalk me, he could feel free to any day! I just think that his love for Bella is so deep, he wants to protect her from what he is able. I failed to find anything wrong with Edward. Actually, when I am talking to my fiance, sometimes I'll slip up and say things like, "well Edward would..." or I'll find a way to bring Edward into it. It's sick I know, but I can't and don't want to help it! ;)
Haha why are you afraid to post on here? Let the Edward love live on!!
holdingoutforjacob wrote:for me, edward calling him a brother made me feel like that.....the son thing just left a funny taste in my mouth, so to speak.

i think "brother" showed that edward felt a very special bond with him, and cared about him, and understood. i think that "son" showed that he accepted him as the one for renesmee.
See, holdingoutforjacob, I know we differ on a lot of opinions, but we're 100% in agreement on this. I did not like Edward calling Jacob "son". That quote will never make sense to me. I've stated the main reasons why..somewhere on this thread. "Brother", though I'm still am not fond of, made more sense. Edward and Jacob just, IMO, hadn't reached the point of "son" yet.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B

Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:37 pm

Edward Cullen is so deep. He's a gentleman, he's dangerous, he's my ideal vampire. I think what makes Edward such a great character is the fact Bella thinks he is perfect but Edward thinks of himself as a replusive monster, especially before he meets Bella. Edward is smart and sexy! And now also a father! Edward is a good vampire who is passionatly in love! Team Edward!.x
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:38 pm

twilightrocksmysocks wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Funny, I thought that when Edward said goodbye to Jacob and Called him a Brother and a Son... that it was one of the more touching moments and was the only time I felt choked up. Maybe you just don't understand Edward's character/personality and thus thought that line was funny.

I dont know why for sure but something about Edward calling Jacob his son. That to me say that he really understands all the Jake has gone through. Also how much pain seeing Bella like that was for him and he still
oh my gosh. i was bawling when this came along. i agree with everything you said. its like, that just showed that edward and jacob were no longer competing, and that now they understood eachother.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm

holdingoutforjacob wrote:for me, edward calling him a brother made me feel like that.....the son thing just left a funny taste in my mouth, so to speak.

Yes, I believe this is what he meant, but it was kind of funny reading that, wasn't? :?

Anyway, I love Edward as a character and he's a difficult guy to understand. I'm really looking forward Midnight Sun to get to know him better.

As a fan, I hate reading people saying he's a stalker, or that he's creepy. I respect their opinion, but I totally desagree. If he didn't follow Bella to Port Angeles, she could have been raped or even killed. For me, it looked like someone who got out of his way to help someone he barely knew. He could just have walked away. But he didn't. I may not understand him very much, but I really think he is a good vampire. A good guy. Who, of course, has flaws. But this doesn't make him a sociopath! Who says this kind of thing should just reread the books, because they don't get the story or him at all.

twilightrocksmysocks
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightrocksmysocks » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:15 pm

urcoolcarrie wrote:

oh my gosh. i was bawling when this came along. i agree with everything you said. its like, that just showed that edward and jacob were no longer competing, and that now they understood eachother.

FInnally Some understands what I mean!!
All my twilight addict friends are like Thats part is sooo weird but i love that part and it was that part that pushed my teariness into actuall crying!
Its good to know other people felt the same way!
lol

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Lunna-san wrote:

Yes, I believe this is what he meant, but it was kind of funny reading that, wasn't? :?

Anyway, I love Edward as a character and he's a difficult guy to understand. I'm really looking forward Midnight Sun to get to know him better.

As a fan, I hate reading people saying he's a stalker, or that he's creepy. I respect their opinion, but I totally desagree. If he didn't follow Bella to Port Angeles, she could have been raped or even killed. For me, it looked like someone who got out of his way to help someone he barely knew. He could just have walked away. But he didn't. I may not understand him very much, but I really think he is a good vampire. A good guy. Who, of course, has flaws. But this doesn't make him a sociopath! Who says this kind of thing should just reread the books, because they don't get the story or him at all.
i'm not even a fan of edward and i hate hearing that abuse stuff.

i don't know why, but i find it easier to excuse edward and jacob's flaws than bella's on the basis that they are bound to make mistakes.

actually i do know why. and it's my favorite thing about them. they can both learn from mistakes that they make. it may take edward a while, but once he learns he's wrong, he NEVER does something again. and, with one exception i can think of, once he realizes he's really really hurting someone, he feels absolutely horrible. and he's not just saying he does. we know this because bella successfully guilt trips him a few times, and so we know that feeling of guilt is lingering, while bella's guilt is more as if she feels guilty as a way to make herself feel better. if that makes sense.

i think edward has a very selfless and pure heart and soul. it's very much easier to like him now that he's not competing with my jacob for bella, and i don't have to choose. plus he was just so GOOD in BD.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 pm

urcoolcarrie wrote:

FInnally Some understands what I mean!!
All my twilight addict friends are like Thats part is sooo weird but i love that part and it was that part that pushed my teariness into actuall crying!
Its good to know other people felt the same way!
lol
ha ha! same here. i like it that you people understand why i like that part. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin