Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by moon sidhe »

ellalou73 wrote:
LavendarRain wrote:I really wonder if anyone has thought that Edwards education is one of the reasons he was able to deliver his daughter and then turn Bella befor it was too late?.
So was it his education or the fact that at times he helped Carlisle, or had been around him long enough? Maybe it was both but you have a good point there, very interesting to think about.
I think most of it was his education. I don't think he had ever physically helped Carlisle before because the blood, in normal circumstances, was too much for him to handle. Because of his medical education he had a general idea of how to do the procedures. Although, I kinda wonder, did Edward only ever attend the first two years of med school? Because the last two years are the clerkships and I can't imagine he would have been able to do that.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

True, I didn't think about the control issue, but I'll have to go back to the book, I thought there was something in there about him watching Carlisle, I've already ready them twice through and I still can't remember every point yet, Guess the third round of reading will make it a bit better. And that's an interesting question about interning, I would be he didn't get to that.
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

ellalou73 wrote:True, I didn't think about the control issue, but I'll have to go back to the book, I thought there was something in there about him watching Carlisle, I've already ready them twice through and I still can't remember every point yet, Guess the third round of reading will make it a bit better. And that's an interesting question about interning, I would be he didn't get to that.
Yeah, it's a silly, minor detail. Ultimately not that important, but it's interesting to think about! :)
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
LavendarRain
Wandering Through Town

Post by LavendarRain »

yes and then my thoughts are to the future who will deliver the children Nessie and Jacob have im sure that it will have to be a home delivery also cause i dont see it being like that of a human so we will have to see what SM comes up with the possibilities are endless ;) and the education that Edward and the other have gained thus far im sure will help in educating and in the future maybe humans will be more accepting of those who are diff and then they will be able to live their lives and their educations to there best ability...im just saying maybe with everyone being so down on them thats why they would never be able to just say hey look im diff...because out would come the stakes and hammers all over again :roll:
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

The future would be interesting, but I'm sure Edward will be able to lend a hand as would Carlisle if Nessie and Jake had kids..that could be interesting, maybe good to put on one of their threads, but hmm.
LavendarRain
Wandering Through Town

Post by LavendarRain »

yes the thought of having qualified doctors around 24 - 7 would be really cool since they wouldnt know what to expect since it is not a normal human family :D but then again we live in the country and having an Edward around would be nice esp since we are all pretty clutzy here lol stitches and all :oops:
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

Edward cullen is perfect.
and charming
and smart
and perfect
and hot
did i already say that?
i wish i was bella sometimes :D
And yes in all the books , my friends say that he was a creeper, stalker, etc. NO! he is not. i try to give them all these reasons why he isn't, of course they keep going on with 'yes he is. because he watches bella sleep.' i, however, found that amazingly attractive.
Last edited by (E.C.Is.Mine) on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^Wow.

Okay, I just had the weirdest thought a couple minutes ago. It came out of nowhere. I was watching a Robert Pattinson interview, and he was dissing Edward in his subtle way.

Anyway, I've spoken to so many males and the majority of them hate Edward Cullen.
And then it hit me. It was so surprising. It was shocking. It was hilarious!

Imagine if someone wrote a book about a boy who went around and did whatever he want. He was just a sloppy high school kid who pranced around making girls fall in love with him without reciprocating. Everyone wanted him, but no one could have him.
Then this perfect girl came along. She was beautiful. She was kind. She was mysterious. She was smart and lovely and graceful and gorgeous and amazing in every way imaginable.

This guy started dating the perfect girl, but after a while he began to question it. He started making out with other girls, but this perfect girl didn't mind, because she didn't have the guts to take away his free will, despite the fact that he had promised himself to her by proposing.

I think, if the cases were switched, women would go crazy over this. "HOW DARE THERE BE A WOMAN SET AS A ROLE MODEL FOR ALL TEENAGE GIRLS WHO LETS MEN STEP ALL OVER HER?!" they'd say.

Aah, my point worked out so well in my mind. :)

Anyway, I just thought it was a great explanation for why so many guys hate Edward Cullen— because he is completely perfect AND so impossible.
It's like the Stepford Wives. He's like the Stepford Husband.
Men don't scream "SEXISM" at every little thing, but I'm sure they feel the same way.

I thought it was interesting... :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

Guah, I just read the "compromise" chapter in Eclipse, where Edward gives bella his "Heart" trinket, and they compromise on the issue of sex and engagement.

they have to be the funniest couple...where compromise is concerned!

i love this chapter!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
BlackSun
Settled in Forks

Post by BlackSun »

Edward needs to learn to love himself.

B.S. 8-)
ImageImage