Post by AliceLove »

That's an interesting thought. I guess it's possible... :lol:

Thanks ilovetwilight!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ILoveJacobBlack wrote:
TheLion wrote:I actually saw Jake's imprinting coming... It still kinda surprised me though when it actually happened. :)

I kinda saw it coming too. It also shocked me.
Most people would find it strange that he imprinted on a little girl, but I don't. I do however have a theory that is rather strange. Here it goes:

Was Jacob ever really in love with Bella?
I don't think so. I think he loved a part of her because he had imprented on renesmee and didn't know it. It's kinda weird to think about but was he in love with one of Bella's eggs? If you think this is somewhat near right, please tell me. Because I feel kinda stupid.

- ILoveJacobBlack!
a lot of people have been thinking that, so you are not alone! unfortunately, you are also not right.

first of all SM has said many times that jacob was the natural course bella's life would have taken, therefore implying that had edward (and hence nessie) not existed, bella would have ended up with jake anyway.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
ILoveJacobBlack
Settled in Forks

Post by ILoveJacobBlack »

[/quote]a lot of people have been thinking that, so you are not alone! unfortunately, you are also not right.

first of all SM has said many times that jacob was the natural course bella's life would have taken, therefore implying that had edward (and hence nessie) not existed, bella would have ended up with jake anyway.[/quote]

Thanks. =)
I didn't know that Stephanie had said that. I was just trying to figure it out.
- ILoveJacobBlack!

ILoveEdwardAndJacobSoDon'tMakeMeChooseBetweenThem!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

yeahhh, it bugs me when people think that and they refuse to listen to anything else....that's obviously not you though!

RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Omg, I absolutly adored Jake in BD!
He was like the sweetest thing ever! Anyways, I'm done gushing over him for now, but I may later.
His book was definatley the best part of the whole book, I espically loved the chapter names and the preface is now my like quote for everyday life.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
BlackSun
Settled in Forks

Post by BlackSun »

This is my first post and i feel it is appropriate to post on this thread because Jacob was pretty much what kept me turning the pages of each book. I think i was originally drawn to him because of his native American heritage which i was surrounded by as a child. Even in the the first book i had a feeling it wouldn't be the last we saw of him. In Twilight i really enjoyed Edwards character but i just felt more and more like Edward became blah he lacked an edge he was just too perfect. After Jacob became a dominant character i really came to appreciate him. He was just so ...for lack of a better word human. Yes he made mistakes and didn't always choose the best ways to go about things but you cant blame him, he 3ish years younger than Bella , he's discovering who he is and is also dealing with...well becoming a wolf essentially. He can barely compete with 100 years wise Edward who was raised in a time of chivalry who also happens to be an incredibly good looking, well read, perfect gentlemen. Despite all this Jacob never stops fighting. He knows what he loves and he'll do what it takes to get it. I also think Bella and Jacob had a healthier relationship than her and Edward, Bella and Edward had an intoxicating all consuming infatuation with each other and although i think their love grew eventually her and Jacob had a deep friendship and a bonding love for each other that grew and grew . I knew from the moment imprinting was introduced that this would be the way to solve Jacobs broken heart and i dont think his imprinting on Nessie was creepy at all. Jacobs passion , lightheartedness and humor brought light to the often dark and serious vamps and his imperfections a breath of fresh air from all the perfection and selflessness.

thanks for reading...i would love some feedback
B.S. 8-)
Last edited by BlackSun on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

agreed. totally and completely.

i fell for edward in twilight, and didn't really consider jake in new moon other than that he was a great friend and such, and then in eclipse i just sort of realized halfway through that i did not like who edward had become! and that i was subconciously rooting for jacob! it was a pity to realize this and then hours later have that hope dashed.

glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Black Sun: I agree with you 100%

During Twilight, I was quite smitten with Jacob by the end of the book, and was completely in love with him at the end of New Moon. Because this is Bella and Edward's story, I knew they would end up together, but still, I can't help but hold on to the fact that Jacob is a much healthier "mate" (o.k. - I hate that word, but can't think of a better one), and it makes me happy to know that he's eternally bonded to Nessie, and she to him.
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
first of all SM has said many times that jacob was the natural course bella's life would have taken, therefore implying that had edward (and hence nessie) not existed, bella would have ended up with jake anyway.
I find that disturbing. :shock:

So, he was either going to end up with the mother or the daughter, eh?
It's like that movie with Jennifer Aniston... Rumor Has it!

Has anyone seen it? I only saw a few parts, but it was basically about a man who sleeps with every woman in the main character's family. He slept with her grandmother, her mother, and eventually she ends up sleeping with him.

:lol:
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

what? well i guess you could look at it that way if you wanted to...