Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

Re: Sulpicia, Athenodora and Didyme

Post by StuckInTheTower »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:
StuckInTheTower wrote:
DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Yup he definitely thinks of them closer. I think that he did truly love Didyme but he didn't want Marcus and her to leave. The only way to keep them was to get rid of the one with the weaker power...Didyme.
I wonder,if it wasn't about power,would Aro have just let them go?And if Marcus didn't have any powers,would Aro have killed him instead?And would Didyme become depress and her power changed?
Maybe...like stated before I think Aro did also love Marcus. He really and truly wanted him to stay at any cost, and it might have also been because of their close relationship.
If he really needed to make a choice,who do you think he would choose?Marcus or his own sister?
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

StuckInTheTower wrote:
DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:
StuckInTheTower wrote:
DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Yup he definitely thinks of them closer. I think that he did truly love Didyme but he didn't want Marcus and her to leave. The only way to keep them was to get rid of the one with the weaker power...Didyme.
I wonder,if it wasn't about power,would Aro have just let them go?And if Marcus didn't have any powers,would Aro have killed him instead?And would Didyme become depress and her power changed?
Maybe...like stated before I think Aro did also love Marcus. He really and truly wanted him to stay at any cost, and it might have also been because of their close relationship.
If he really needed to make a choice,who do you think he would choose?Marcus or his own sister?
He already made the choice, remember? He chose Marcus.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Aro does not love Marcus!
It is so beyond obvious that Aro loves power and nothing else.
Yeah, maybe he loved Didyme, but it was just a weak sibling love... nothing compared to his thirst for power.
I combined what I could see from the four books and from SM's faq.
There is no love when it comes down to why he killed Didyme and kept Marcus close...

I just wish that SM could have written a little more about the wives, maybe just a small flashback, so we can have more information on them...
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

chowzinha wrote:Aro does not love Marcus!
It is so beyond obvious that Aro loves power and nothing else.
Yeah, maybe he loved Didyme, but it was just a weak sibling love... nothing compared to his thirst for power.
I combined what I could see from the four books and from SM's faq.
There is no love when it comes down to why he killed Didyme and kept Marcus close...

I just wish that SM could have written a little more about the wives, maybe just a small flashback, so we can have more information on them...
I agree.Also,I'll love to hear about them as I am thoroughly sick of hearing them being portrayed as "malicious seductresses" or "weak and helpless".Its way to cliche for me.
P.S.Do you think that SM "coded" the index to tell us that the wives were miserable?'Cause when you take the first letter of Sulpicia,Athenodora and Didyme,you get the word SAD.
Alou
Settled in Forks

Post by Alou »

Sulpicia's page in the Character Bios says:

Special Talents: She is talented, but her gift is currently unknown.

Where is this information coming from? The Vampire Index states she doesn't have a power.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

chowzinha wrote:Aro does not love Marcus!
*coughs* How do we know Aro doesn't love him? I'm firmly of the opinion Aro is a creeper... :lol:
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

^^^ :D :D
Nice Viola.
And I know that Aro doesn't love Marcus, he loves powers. But he will pretend he does, to keep Marcus. In the end, he must have been upset for killing Didyme, because he loved HER as a sister, and it was stated that he had a brotherly relationship with Marcus.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
StuckInTheTower
Settled in Forks

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:^^^ :D :D
Nice Viola.
And I know that Aro doesn't love Marcus, he loves powers. But he will pretend he does, to keep Marcus. In the end, he must have been upset for killing Didyme, because he loved HER as a sister, and it was stated that he had a brotherly relationship with Marcus.
So your saying he might also be pretending to love his own wife...scratch that,mate.But what would the purpose of that be?She doesn't have powers.Anyone?
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

StuckInTheTower wrote:
DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:^^^ :D :D
Nice Viola.
So your saying he might also be pretending to love his own wife...scratch that,mate.But what would the purpose of that be?She doesn't have powers.Anyone?

Here;s a thought, we don't know what power the wives have...it's not mentioned at all, they maybe the real power, who knows,
as for loving Marcus, two words, Roman Bathhouse... :lol:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^ Yes, we all know Aro is a creeper.

Aro might actually be capable of loving one person- his mate. How that could have happened, I have no idea. Maybe he found her in his early years before they became the Volturi proper, and before he was seriously creepy power hungry? It would also have to be a deep bond, and he must love her quite a bit... Hmm, that could be some interesting fan fiction plotness. A somewhat nice young Aro and his soon-to-be mate. I would assume Aro was once a nice little boy with a good heart at one point, several thousand years ago. He just made some not so good choices that led to his power-fixation. I'd bet one of those would be killing Didyme, like Tom Riddle killing his father, or Denethor after the death of his wife.