Jasper Hale

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Jasper Hale

Post by una »

Please note the following policy regarding Eclipse Spoilers.

However, Total Twilight Fan, I do not see your post above as spoilerish to the movie, however, since I am assuming your comment is aimed at the movie, please review the above referenced policy. Thank you!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

una wrote:Please note the following policy regarding Eclipse Spoilers.

However, Total Twilight Fan, I do not see your post above as spoilerish to the movie, however, since I am assuming your comment is aimed at the movie, please review the above referenced policy. Thank you!
Sorry about that :( Ill be more careful in the future. :D

Ya'know, id have thought that at least one person would notice that gold is not a normal eye colour, and would have noticed something. I mean,I would, but maybe its because they have no reason to be suspcious?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I've thought the same thing...however, I have seen someone with amber colored eyes and they remind me of Twilight. Could be that more golden amber color? Now that the spoilers for Bree are over, what are your feelings by the way Jasper was portrayed or seen by Bree in her book?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Re: the eyes.

Remember that vampires make normal humans feel uneasy (as a predator should amongst his prey) and thus they are highly unlikely to look at one straight in the eye to even notice the color. And even if they do, it's slightly unsettling that the detail probably doesn't register.
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

una wrote: Now that the spoilers for Bree are over, what are your feelings by the way Jasper was portrayed or seen by Bree in her book?
Good question! I found him very 'in the moment' and focused and very serious in her POV. He making 100% sure she wasn't going to pull anything like run away or attack Bella or see the wolves. He was very intimidating to me in her POV.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I think that in BT, Jasper was just how I imagined him to be when he was younger. Calculated, and serious in the moment. He wouldn't have let anything slip past Him, and He thought first of His family and Alice this time, being protective. I liked how he was portrayed, I think that that was the trained Jasper, how Maria made him.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Something within the Guide amused me to no end. It seems that Jazz and Alice got married at Carlisle's urging. Something about that just tickled me. But, it also seemed so appropriate and so fitting for them. They are so connected that i can see them not seeing the use or the reason for going through with a wedding ceremony. But, I can see Carlisle emphasizing the propriety of it. So fitting for each of them.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Well, when you're a vampire, why bother with human religious/legal rituals? SM understates Carlisle's religion -- unlike her dialogues emphasizing his faith -- and marriage is generally a religious ceremony. (None of the Cullens worry too much about legalities, though, do they?) I suppose every piece of humanity the vampires can cling to strengthens their human-like emotional bonds, solidifying their "family" feeling, as Garret described.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I think that is why it tickled me just a bit. I have always loved so much about Carlisle that he is a man of faith, but not of religion per say. So, for him to suggest the traditional exchanging of vows seemed so old fashioned, kind of reminded me of my own dad who, despite my state of pregnancy, wouldn't let my (now) hubs and I to share a bed under his roof until we were at least engaged. It also kind of cracked me up that Jazz and Alice went along with it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I'm sort of torn over my opinion on this topic. My first impulse is to remark that Jasper was from an age when honorable men married the women they loved as a matter of course. On the other hand, Jasper had been a vampire for a long time before meeting Alice, and I don't think he had too much memory of his human life left. Then again, vampire psyche freezes from the moment venom enters their bloodstream. But finally, when Jasper met Alice, he addressed her as Ma'am . . . definately a remnant of his Southern upbringing.

I guess all things considered, Carlisle was doubtless the first vampire Jazz and Alice met who maintained any semblance of human life, was religiously incllined, and recognized that living in as human a manner as possible contributed to the peace they all valued so much.

(Gotta run. . . )
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."