Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Jasper Hale

Post by topazeyes2 »

No, I think that after all these years of trying to cope with it he would have come to like his powers but it probably is hard for him to go to school because even though yeah it's all teenager blah blah but imagine being hit with so many emotions at one time because of all the people. I hope it's like Edward's power so he can tune out when he wants too and focus on one when he wants to.
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

jawsuhlin wrote:I love Jasper. I love his nickname, Jazz. That makes me so happy inside. I love that he was a soldier on the Confederate side of the Civil War, because I'm a Civil War History geek. I love his power to manipulate feelings, although I wish we could have seen him do more than just calm people down. It would have been fun to read about him making people angry to watch a good fight or making people happy. (I wonder if that's why Alice is always so happy and hyper.)
I love that thought about Alice. I think she's generally happy, but having Jasper around doesn't hurt.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

topazeyes2 wrote: I hope it's like Edward's power so he can tune out when he wants too and focus on one when he wants to.
This idea right here is why I actually think he would give it up, if he could. I don't think he can tune it out. Ignoring your emotions isn't like ignoring sounds or sights or even thoughts. And, when you are surrounded by warring emotions and having your emotions and reactions magnified by those of others, it would be particularly difficult. And, while his power can be very useful in confrontations, I think, overall, he doesn't find much use for it once he is with the Cullens and out of that constant environment of conflict. I honestly think that was a part of his unease with Bella and her transformation. He felt useless. Jasper believed that he would be a necessary component to helping Bella. But, in the end, not only is he not needed, it turns out that she makes him question everything he always thought he was. How painful must that have been.

The only reason I see him deciding to keep it is, as Ringswraith pointed out, it was because of his gift in the first place that he decided to leave Maria and go out on his own, which eventually led to Alice finding him. I think that seeing that most wonderful and positive aspect of his life come from it, that it must be worth something.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:The only reason I see him deciding to keep it is, as Ringswraith pointed out, it was because of his gift in the first place that he decided to leave Maria and go out on his own, which eventually led to Alice finding him. I think that seeing that most wonderful and positive aspect of his life come from it, that it must be worth something.
Yay! Jazz Girl agreed with me! :D
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

hi everyone..
well, i think he would keep his power...just because it has helped shape his life in so many ways...it is part of who he is...all though it is in some ways a burden to him i think it has helped with his and others lives so much that it could been seen as a blessing just as much as a curse....

so i'm new on this thread...so hi!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
\/Brittany\/
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

Hi love_is_noise! I have a question for discussion:

Is there anyone else in the Twilight saga that you could see Jasper with?

I guess I'd say Maria. They already have a history together. If Jasper never met Alice, he would still be lost, and probably wind up back in the South.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:I have a question for discussion:

I guess I'd say Maria. They already have a history together. If Jasper never met Alice, he would still be lost, and probably wind up back in the South.
I'm going to disagree. Jasper already wanted to get away from Maria, even though he didn't necessarily want to kill her. He wanted to get away from a life of constant battle, so I don't see him coming back to it.

He might have ended up with another nomad, or perhaps another coven. However, due to his problems with feeding on humans, it would have to be a "vegetarian." Perhaps Irina of the Denalis. (We know Tanya has a thing for Edward, and Kate with her power doesn't seem like the type of woman Jasper would like.)
\/Brittany\/
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

^ Yeah I see what you mean :). I thought he might not get with a vegetarian because Alice led him to the Cullens, so without her I wonder if he would ever find vegetarians. The Volturi make it seem as though the vegetarians were rare in their world.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

\/Brittany\/ wrote:Hi love_is_noise! I have a question for discussion:

I honestly do not see Jasper with anyone else with whom we are familiar from the saga. The only real options I see are Charlotte, who we know was already with Peter, Maria, who he even refers to as the center of his existence until he was able to leave her, or Irina of the Denalis. I really don't see Jasper being attracted to any of those women.

In truth, I have to say I see Jasper as a wondering nomad, much like Garrett. Maybe, at some point, he would be able to find a partner who he loves as he loves Alice. But, I just can't say who.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

I think Jasper would choose to keep his gift, if given the choice.

The main thing in Jasper's life is Alice and making sure she is safe. With his power, he can protect Alice, control an angry situation that has the potential to harm her. I think on that basis alone, he will gladly accept the torturesome feelings all around him, as long as he can protect and love Alice.

On that note, I cannot imagine him with anyone else other than Alice =) If he was not with her, he would be alone. And incomplete. Even if he was with another nomad vampire, he would be incomplete without Alice.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank