Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Edward Cullen #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

you know what my favorite thing about edward is?? his manners. his chivalry. i am so sick of sixteen year old boys who think they look badass when they curse constantly. they don't. boys shouldn't curse in front of girls. they are bad at it. at least when i curse, i do it like a lady - eloquently! but seriously, no guys have any sense of "hey! that's not ok to treat a girl like that!" anymore, unless you're dating them. i find it to be disheartening.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Ironic that they think they're impressing you by looking badass, when really they're just turning you off. You should send them a memo. I don't have anything against a well-placed curse word, but they lose all meaning if it's every other word. There's no power in them anymore, and then what's the point?

Edward was nothing if not a gentleman. Clothes have never been all that important to me, but I do like that he knows how to dress himself well. That's another thing teenage boys frequently aren't very good at.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

edward is the perfect man, with a mysterious vibe and a SQUARED-OFF jaw. my favourite mix..mm..
i better watch myself before i start to go into much detail.
i love his personality. i wonder who he would vote for, Obama or McCain. i think obama. he seems like the type of guy edward would like.
hahahaha, sorry...i am so random.

how about a topic.
What do you guys think of edward's personality, black/white, right/wrong?

personally, i am not too surprised i don't have anything against it because i am the same *GASSPP* :lol: , i read somewhere that Stephenie Meyer has the same type of persona. what do you guys think of it?
Jazziscool
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jazziscool »

I totally agree with you.
Last edited by Jazziscool on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Supervisor of the DBJ:Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

moon sidhe wrote:Ironic that they think they're impressing you by looking badass, when really they're just turning you off. You should send them a memo. I don't have anything against a well-placed curse word, but they lose all meaning if it's every other word. There's no power in them anymore, and then what's the point?

Edward was nothing if not a gentleman. Clothes have never been all that important to me, but I do like that he knows how to dress himself well. That's another thing teenage boys frequently aren't very good at.
it's kind of funny, but it does get old on days where i'm just not in the mood. it's even MORE ironic because i totally fall for a tough guy from his manner (i can just tell, it's the walk, the face, the aura) more than what he actually says.

malaz, to answer your question, i think edward has a VERY black/white personality. it irritates me. taking everything as one way or the other does you no good in life. i think that it's very important to be able to re-evaluate your opinion based off of new information, or to temper what you think with consideration to all factors. consider all the wars and tragedies that could be avoided if more people subscribed to a happy medium?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Amivera wrote:
malaz wrote: Amivera - if you don't understand what i am saying, just ask and i would be happily to clarify more if you'd like.
Amivera wrote: Could you clarify what you meant and where I missed your point?
I did ask a page ago, but I guess you missed it.

Kachiti, I'm not quite sure what it is you're trying to do, but your attempts at getting a 'rise' aren't working very well at all, and it would be greatly appreciated if you dropped your false accusations. Plzkthnx.
Amivera those are your words and I tried to be discreet about it but you wont have it. That's why I am having a hard believing those glowing words you wrote about Edward.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

moon sidhe wrote:
In the US, you need to take Chem, biochem, organic chem, bio, physics and usually calculus in undergrad to be able to apply to med school. I suspect Carlisle would want updates on some of that stuff, but would ultimately really need updates on new knowledge in physiology and pathology which you would learn about much more in depth in the first couple years of med school.
Actually Carlisle would take continuing educational classes and I'm sure he gets most of the medical journals that would tell him about the newest research and techniques.

moon sidhe wrote: If by the first four years you mean the first four years of undergrad, I personally didn't have any. There are a few blood related labs in the first couple years of med school. But they're few and far between and it probably wouldn't be hard for him to skip them.
It would all depend on when Edward went to med school. The way medicine was taught has changed in Edward's time as a vamp. It started out mostly hands on but by the 1950 to maybe 80s it was more hitting the books then working with patients. So maybe this is when Edward went to med school. Now its a combo of books and being around patients but not allowing to work on them until your third year. Another thing if Edward was leaning more toward research then he really wouldn't be around patients at least not the human kind.
moon sidhe wrote:Yeah. That nasty formaldehyde smell permeates everything. Hair. Clothes. Everything. Blech.
You stop noticing after awhile
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

malaz wrote:edward is the perfect man, with a mysterious vibe and a SQUARED-OFF jaw. my favourite mix..mm..
i better watch myself before i start to go into much detail.
i love his personality. i wonder who he would vote for, Obama or McCain. i think obama. he seems like the type of guy edward would like.
hahahaha, sorry...i am so random.

how about a topic.
What do you guys think of edward's personality, black/white, right/wrong?

personally, i am not too surprised i don't have anything against it because i am the same *GASSPP* :lol: , i read somewhere that Stephenie Meyer has the same type of persona. what do you guys think of it?

Malz ahhh you crack me up sometimes lol. :D

But yea i would have to say that in the beginign Edward was a black and white personality but then as the books continued he learned of the gray areas that can take place.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Kachiti wrote: It would all depend on when Edward went to med school. The way medicine was taught has changed in Edward's time as a vamp. It started out mostly hands on but by the 1950 to maybe 80s it was more hitting the books then working with patients. So maybe this is when Edward went to med school. Now its a combo of books and being around patients but not allowing to work on them until your third year. Another thing if Edward was leaning more toward research then he really wouldn't be around patients at least not the human kind.
Hmm. I'm pretty sure the curriculum at my school hasn't changed since the '60s, and it's very much the background knowledge in the first two years then clerkships in the last two model that most schools follow currently. Although I don't really know much about the history of medical education, perhaps it was more of a black sheep back in the day. *shrug*

Research interest, at least the way medical education currently is, wouldn't get you out of 3rd year clerkships. But again, I have no idea if it would have been an excuse to avoid contact with patients in the past. My understanding of the system is limited to its current format.

Kachiti wrote:You stop noticing after awhile
Ugh. I definitely never did. And thankfully, being done with anatomy, I'll never have to notice it again. :)
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

moon sidhe wrote: Hmm. I'm pretty sure the curriculum at my school hasn't changed since the '60s, and it's very much the background knowledge in the first two years then clerkships in the last two model that most schools follow currently. Although I don't really know much about the history of medical education, perhaps it was more of a black sheep back in the day. *shrug*
It has been awhile since my class in science and medical careers. Curriculum rarely stay the same, yes there are basic core classes but even though are subject to change over a period of time. Otherwise there won't be a need for CME classes.
moon sidhe wrote:Research interest, at least the way medical education currently is, wouldn't get you out of 3rd year clerkships. But again, I have no idea if it would have been an excuse to avoid contact with patients in the past. My understanding of the system is limited to its current format.
I don't know if it would be excuse to avoid human contact, the emphasis is more on research then on patient care. This would be a piece of cake for Edward to dazzle his way out of.

moon sidhe wrote:Ugh. I definitely never did. And thankfully, being done with anatomy, I'll never have to notice it again. :)
I worked in the school lab and after of a couple of months, I just didn't notice it anymore.