Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by eclipserox »

navarre wrote:
edward'sstupidlamb wrote:wow I never even thought of how alice knew her name, that's really interesting. And kind of off topic, but what was a vampire doing working in an assylm?
Well, if you think about it, Carlise is a doctor, so it would stand to reason that this guy who was fond of Alice and turned her in the asylum, would be employed too. Bella remarked how she did not realize just how big the vampire world was in the human world. I guess vampires have to make a living too. :lol:

Who knows. Interesting.
I think SM would have said Carlisle changed her if it was Carlisle. I also think Carlisle would have taken her with him as part of his family just like everyone else he turned. But. she was on her own for awhile. She waited for Jasper and then went looking for the Cullens.

I seem to remember one of the books saying that the vampire who turned Alice was dead. Maybe James killed him because he was angry that the vampire saved Alice. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, though. I might be wrong.

The vampire that turned Alice could just be like Carlisle in that he has control around humans and wants to help people. Maybe the vampire had some special ability that made him better able to help the patients, like recognizing their problems or reading their minds.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

FrighteninLilMonster wrote:
Jazzy wrote: Yes that is helpful info! But what I'd like to know is how did she remember her name when she became a vampire, when her memory was erased?
I like your theory that it was one of the very few things she remembered, but I wonder if SM had explained it somewhere and I haven't read about it?
Does anyone else know???
Thanks!
Eeeeek! I found the answer!

I just read through some interviews that Stephenie did with the TwilightMoms, all the links are in their forums here:
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... t3228.html
Excellent research work!!

But the answer to your question, Jazzy:

TM:
One of the many things I wonder (the one that comes to mind right now) is how did Alice know her name was Alice? It was Mary Alice something, right? Was it in a vision or was that one of the few precious memories she had of being human?

Steph:
It was the fragment of a memory from the very end of her human life (post the last shock treatment). The vampire who changed her always called her Alice.

There you go! We were sort of right in our theories; it was through the little parts of her life that she remembered.

Yay! I'm so glad to have found this! :lol:
eclipserox wrote:
navarre wrote:
edward'sstupidlamb wrote:wow I never even thought of how alice knew her name, that's really interesting. And kind of off topic, but what was a vampire doing working in an assylm?

This is my thought on the discussion before mine. I am thinking that the vampire who changed Alice worked in an asylum because the patients were all thought to be mentally unstable and/or delusional. If any of them thought "He" (the vamp. that changed Alice) was not human & voiced this thought, the other workers would just
take it as crazy talk.
eclipeserox
You are correct - yes, James did kill the vamp. that changed Alice. Because the unknown vamp. (definately not Carlile), had changed Alice before James could kill her.
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

eclipserox wrote:
navarre wrote:
Well, if you think about it, Carlise is a doctor, so it would stand to reason that this guy who was fond of Alice and turned her in the asylum, would be employed too. Bella remarked how she did not realize just how big the vampire world was in the human world. I guess vampires have to make a living too. :lol:

Who knows. Interesting.
I think SM would have said Carlisle changed her if it was Carlisle. I also think Carlisle would have taken her with him as part of his family just like everyone else he turned. But. she was on her own for awhile. She waited for Jasper and then went looking for the Cullens.

I seem to remember one of the books saying that the vampire who turned Alice was dead. Maybe James killed him because he was angry that the vampire saved Alice. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, though. I might be wrong.

The vampire that turned Alice could just be like Carlisle in that he has control around humans and wants to help people. Maybe the vampire had some special ability that made him better able to help the patients, like recognizing their problems or reading their minds.
I'm not sure if I am understanding your first statement, but I did not say that Carlisle changed Alice, I just pointed out that Carlisle was a doctor and gainfully employed just like the vampire that turned Alice and saved her from James. James destroyed him in vengence for taking away his 'prey'.( To respond to your second paragraph).
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

didn't James change Alice? I think that's how it went. My friend told me that i don't know where she got it from tho
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

No the assylm vamp changed alice. But here's what I don't get, why would a vampire need to make a living? I mean if it's because he was like carlise, trying to do some good ok I understand. But why in an assylm? That was what I was trying to ask.
Image Image
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Oh.My.Gosh.

Did anyone hear that Ashley Greene coming to Australia??? Is anyone going to see her?

Yayy ^_^ Me so excited!!! The Ashley Greene a.k.a Alice Cullen!!!

Woooo :D
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
TwErD--
Settled in Forks

Post by TwErD-- »

I actually thought she left left in BD.
I was sad.........
She took Jasper with her :cry:
I love Alice.
Shes so totally awesome......
Anyone who can see into the future and be funnily persausive is good in my books!
I love her!
But not as much as Jasper................lol XD
RAINBOW <33

""Surely I do Imbide in copious herbage, but I dont drink alcohol, I made straight A's, and I have the upmost respect......for ladies...heh yeah!"" ILY Jackson Rathbone! Especially as Snippy, the coolest stoner eveerrr!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Hello everyone. I have an Alice related question which you can state with your opinion(not an Alice fact question.)
Alright here I go:

What do you think would've happened to Alice if she didn't find the Cullens? Besides the obvious...But would she join a different coven? Mate with someone else?
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

Wow, if alice didn't find the Cullens?
Everything would be diff
But then again if the books had her in another coven we would be used to that
She might have still met Jasper and they might have not found the cullens
This story would be good for a fanfiction ;)
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hello everyone. I have an Alice related question which you can state with your opinion(not an Alice fact question.)
Alright here I go:

What do you think would've happened to Alice if she didn't find the Cullens? Besides the obvious...But would she join a different coven? Mate with someone else?
That scenario would entail so many different things. Alice could see the future. She saw Jasper and the Cullens in her future. In your scenario, I'm not sure if you mean for her to not be able to see the future anymore, and, thus, not look for the Cullens or for her to see a different future. In the 1st case, one of the books said she probably would have gone crazy waking up and not remembering anything if it weren't for her visions. So, she would have been a crazed newborn killing ton of people. In the 2nd case, we know that she relies on her visions and uses them to decide how to behave and what to do. If she had seen something different, like herself with another coven, she would have fulfilled her vision.

I think she would have ended up with Jasper regardless. They, like Bella and Edward, were soul mates. I can't remember the exact quote, but SM said something to the effect of "Alice and Jasper always were." They made each other whole. No matter what coven Alice joined, I think she would end up with Jasper and he would follow her anywhere. We already know that he is mainly with the Cullens because of Alice. The same would be true for any other coven.