Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by bite_me »

Oops. I forgot about the fact that she can't see Nessie. :oops:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:Sometimes I wonder how Jasper manages to keep things interesting- such as when he was trying to get her an anniversary gift (if you've read the posted portion of Midnight Sun).

Although now that I think about it- Jasper could just make her feel surprised. 8-)
Great point, Ringswraith. It makes me think and, maybe this one belongs more on the Jasper thread, or the Alice & Jasper (you know sometimes this place can be exhausting... :shock:) Anyway, I digress. I always wondered how often or to what extent Jasper does use his power with Alice. I mean, Alice is very spirited and it seems to me she would hate being manipulated. She and Jasper are so much in love that I think she would want that relationship free from the ....questions, might be the right word...use of Jasper's power could raise. I mean, Bella and Edward both at certain times talk about how they couldn't/didn't trust their emotions or conclusions when they knew Jasper was "helping". So, I wonder if, understanding how much Alice would hate that, if Jasper did use his powers at all on Alice.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That's a good point, Jazz Girl. However, Alice being Alice, I'm sure she would see if Jasper even intended to do that to her. :)
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Alice would still be surprised at some point, not as she opening the gift, but when Jasper decides what to get her. Alice can't see the future until people make decisions. She won't know what Jasper is getting her until he decides, at which point she will be surprised. Jasper could be tricky, too, and change his mind a lot so that she'll see multiple gifts and won't know what she's getting or wait until the last minute to decide.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Poor Jasper!
Never has there been a more difficult woman to please with romantic spontaneity!
How can he possibly compete?! :lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

SenorGimp wrote:Poor Jasper!
Never has there been a more difficult woman to please with romantic spontaneity!
How can he possibly compete?! :lol:
Compete? With whom? For Alice? There isn't any competition. :)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

With Alice...
He can't compete with Alice, she's just too much, and he doesn't have a chance of competing against her precognitive abilities to do anything surprising for her...
That's what I meant. ;)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I love Alice. I wish she was my sister or friend or cousin or anything. She's so awesome. And I love Alice&Jasper together. Ashley Greene did so great in the movie.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

SenorGimp wrote:With Alice...
He can't compete with Alice, she's just too much, and he doesn't have a chance of competing against her precognitive abilities to do anything surprising for her...
That's what I meant. ;)
Ahh. /understood

Well... He would have to be good at keeping his intentions from her. Or make sure she's sufficiently distracted by something else. 8-)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
SenorGimp wrote:With Alice...
That's what I meant. ;)
Ahh. /understood

Well... He would have to be good at keeping his intentions from her. Or make sure she's sufficiently distracted by something else. 8-)
Do you guys think, just like Alice has figured out how to get around Edward's mind reading, she has figured out a way around her visions? By that I mean that, if she didn't want to know something, for example what Jazz's anniversary gift to her was, could she not see it?

I am inclined to say yes. Okay, stay with me on this because my reasoning is kind of wrapped around itself. We know that she kind of automatically sees the futures of those to whom she is attuned; Jasper, the Cullens, Bella etc.. But, we also know that she has to search for the resolution of certain situations, ie when Irina came and saw Renesmee, she had to search to find her, to keep tabs on her. So, if Alice didn't want to know a decision or an outcome, I think she could block that knowledge. I think that developing the antidote to her visions would have been a critical part of learning to live with them. So, just like she figured out that, if she concentrated hard enough on a mental task, she could keep Edward out of her head, she might figure out that if she concentrated hard enough on a person's memories, their future was obscured.

The second part of the question becomes would she do that? Again, I think yes. Again, looking at Jasper. I think if he truly wanted to try to surprise her, she would let him.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS