Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by E&BForever »

I think it 's true that Rosalie is conceited and vain, but I don't know if she is really an inherently mean person though.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
rosaliebellafan
Settled in Forks

Post by rosaliebellafan »

I'm kinda new so I sort of browsed through all the 72 pages (I have too much time on my hands clearly) :lol: , and well it seems that even the Rosalie fans on board think that she would have given up Emmett and the Cullens in exchange for her old life/ humanity back.

Since the baby angle has been more than covered adequately, I thought to introduce a new angle to the discussion. Mostly on Rosalie and humanity. I know that it was mentioned in MS that Edward was certain that Rosalie would give up everything to be human again, but I personally don't think so.

I actually have a few theories and reasons about this issue:

I feel that if you look in depth into why Rosalie wants to be human again, I don' t think she would have given up Emmett and the Cullens just for the sake of humanity. Okay, that might sound a little confusing, so let me explain. Her main reasons would probably be to have a baby and to have her family back.

With regards to the baby, I honestly don't think she would just settle for a baby anymore. At first, before she became a vampire, yes she was willing to settle for a loveless marriage as long as she could have her own family. But now that she has Emmett, and has truly experienced what it is really like to be loved and to love, I don't think she feels the same way anymore.

It's like in Eclipse, where she tells Bella that she has half her happy ending right now, with Emmett. If she could have her humanity back, it would still be the same story. With her having half her happy ending, yet again. That is to have another man's child.

And I honestly believe she values her current half of the happy ending more. With the love of her existence, Emmett. Yes, I acknowledge some of her resentments and slights about being a vampire might have hurt Emmett a little, but for her to really, really hurt and wound him that way? By turning her back on him? No, I don't believe so.

As to her family, I'm sure she misses them dearly. But I'm sure Rosalie realises that Carlisle and Esme loves her more than her biological parents ever did. Say what you want about Rosalie, about her being selfish, self-absorbed and conceited, she was never just a dumb blonde. She is more than intelligent enough to acknowledge that the love the Cullens have for her to be more sincere and pure.

She even acknowledges in Eclipse about how her parents sees her as a beautiful object used to fulfill their social ambitions. So sure, she might complain and resent now and then, about being a vampire, but that's just Rosalie being Rosalie. Rosalie loves Carlisle and Esme a lot, as do they her.

As to Edward being able to read Rosalie's mind and desires, I just would like to point out that Edward reads what is CURRENTLY going through someone's mind. Edward doesn't read everything in a person's mind. Aro does, not Edward.

And Edward himself mentioned that he doesn't like to read the mind of others, in fact, he tries to tune them out, to give others their privacy. I feel this is a case of Edward catching a glimspe of Rosalie's thoughts instead of the actual full story. It's like what I said earlier, as a part of her abrasive personality, Rosalie likes to grumble. And that's how I interpret Edward reading her mind, merely as one of the many of Rosalie's harmless grumbles.

I feel that Rosalie is merely clinging too hard to her past. And that is all. It's a part of her stubborn and tenacious personality. It's like even if she could become human again and for argument's sake alter past events, like her not going back home alone on that fateful night, I still think she would choose to remain with Emmett and the Cullens, if it really came down to that.

Even if the rape did not happen, would she still want to be engaged to Royce? Knowing what sort of a disgusting man he truly is? And even if she did want to break her engagement, her parents and Royce would never allow it. Since I'm on this changing the past theory, let's say for argument's sake, she wanted to give it a try with Emmett during her human life.

Yet again, it wouldn't have been possible. There is a huge difference in their socio-economic and geographical (Rosalie in New York, Emmett in Tennessee) backgrounds that would have prevented them from being able to be together. Her parents would most strongly object. Being a vampire, allowed Rosalie to find her true love, Emmett. And I'm sure she realises that.

Of course, what I have posted so far is mere speculation on my part, and there might be those of you who disagree with my opinion. No worries and no hard feelings, okay? It just comes down to me having a lot of faith in Rosalie, I suppose. Anyways, I am new here, so HI everyone!
garnetpixie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by garnetpixie »

I have no idea if I'm just not seeing it, but at one point I thought I saw a "Team Rosalie" thread in the Twilight Zone, someone tell me I wasn't imagining it, because now I'm not finding it. IF there really isn't one, we should start one, as long as there are more people who love her as much as I do!
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn...

J<3B
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

rosaliebellafan wrote:I'm kinda new so I sort of browsed through all the 72 pages (I have too much time on my hands clearly) :lol: , and well it seems that even the Rosalie fans on board think that she would have given up Emmett and the Cullens in exchange for her old life/ humanity back.

Since the baby angle has been more than covered adequately, I thought to introduce a new angle to the discussion. Mostly on Rosalie and humanity. I know that it was mentioned in MS that Edward was certain that Rosalie would give up everything to be human again, but I personally don't think so.

I actually have a few theories and reasons about this issue:

I feel that if you look in depth into why Rosalie wants to be human again, I don' t think she would have given up Emmett and the Cullens just for the sake of humanity. Okay, that might sound a little confusing, so let me explain. Her main reasons would probably be to have a baby and to have her family back.
I think your right. I think she loves Emmett and would never leave him, or the Cullens. She would only become human, if they could become human again.
Chantell
With regards to the baby, I honestly don't think she would just settle for a baby anymore. At first, before she became a vampire, yes she was willing to settle for a loveless marriage as long as she could have her own family. But now that she has Emmett, and has truly experienced what it is really like to be loved and to love, I don't think she feels the same way anymore.

It's like in Eclipse, where she tells Bella that she has half her happy ending right now, with Emmett. If she could have her humanity back, it would still be the same story. With her having half her happy ending, yet again. That is to have another man's child.

And I honestly believe she values her current half of the happy ending more. With the love of her existence, Emmett. Yes, I acknowledge some of her resentments and slights about being a vampire might have hurt Emmett a little, but for her to really, really hurt and wound him that way? By turning her back on him? No, I don't believe so.

As to her family, I'm sure she misses them dearly. But I'm sure Rosalie realises that Carlisle and Esme loves her more than her biological parents ever did. Say what you want about Rosalie, about her being selfish, self-absorbed and conceited, she was never just a dumb blonde. She is more than intelligent enough to acknowledge that the love the Cullens have for her to be more sincere and pure.

She even acknowledges in Eclipse about how her parents sees her as a beautiful object used to fulfill their social ambitions. So sure, she might complain and resent now and then, about being a vampire, but that's just Rosalie being Rosalie. Rosalie loves Carlisle and Esme a lot, as do they her.

As to Edward being able to read Rosalie's mind and desires, I just would like to point out that Edward reads what is CURRENTLY going through someone's mind. Edward doesn't read everything in a person's mind. Aro does, not Edward.

And Edward himself mentioned that he doesn't like to read the mind of others, in fact, he tries to tune them out, to give others their privacy. I feel this is a case of Edward catching a glimspe of Rosalie's thoughts instead of the actual full story. It's like what I said earlier, as a part of her abrasive personality, Rosalie likes to grumble. And that's how I interpret Edward reading her mind, merely as one of the many of Rosalie's harmless grumbles.

I feel that Rosalie is merely clinging too hard to her past. And that is all. It's a part of her stubborn and tenacious personality. It's like even if she could become human again and for argument's sake alter past events, like her not going back home alone on that fateful night, I still think she would choose to remain with Emmett and the Cullens, if it really came down to that.

Even if the rape did not happen, would she still want to be engaged to Royce? Knowing what sort of a disgusting man he truly is? And even if she did want to break her engagement, her parents and Royce would never allow it. Since I'm on this changing the past theory, let's say for argument's sake, she wanted to give it a try with Emmett during her human life.

Yet again, it wouldn't have been possible. There is a huge difference in their socio-economic and geographical (Rosalie in New York, Emmett in Tennessee) backgrounds that would have prevented them from being able to be together. Her parents would most strongly object. Being a vampire, allowed Rosalie to find her true love, Emmett. And I'm sure she realises that.

Of course, what I have posted so far is mere speculation on my part, and there might be those of you who disagree with my opinion. No worries and no hard feelings, okay? It just comes down to me having a lot of faith in Rosalie, I suppose. Anyways, I am new here, so HI everyone!
Team Edward for life!
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

garnetpixie wrote:I have no idea if I'm just not seeing it, but at one point I thought I saw a "Team Rosalie" thread in the Twilight Zone, someone tell me I wasn't imagining it, because now I'm not finding it. IF there really isn't one, we should start one, as long as there are more people who love her as much as I do!
I haven't been able to find one either. I agree, we do need to start one.
A team Rosalie (as well as a Team Alice thread) has been requested by myself and several others...but no word yet.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
garnetpixie

Post by garnetpixie »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:
garnetpixie wrote:I have no idea if I'm just not seeing it, but at one point I thought I saw a "Team Rosalie" thread in the Twilight Zone, someone tell me I wasn't imagining it, because now I'm not finding it. IF there really isn't one, we should start one, as long as there are more people who love her as much as I do!
I haven't been able to find one either. I agree, we do need to start one.
A team Rosalie (as well as a Team Alice thread) has been requested by myself and several others...but no word yet.
I imagen the holidays are putting a stop to thinkgs like that. At least slowing them down a bit. Vacation plans and family togetherness and all. It all just makes me want to spend time here thinking about how awesome it would be to have a family like the the Cullens with Rose and Alice and Bella as sisters.
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!

J<3B
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

^
That’s what I figured (about the holidays and what not)
I agree, having the Cullen girls as sisters would be pretty amazing.
rosaliebellafan wrote: Since the baby angle has been more than covered adequately, I thought to introduce a new angle to the discussion. Mostly on Rosalie and humanity. I know that it was mentioned in MS that Edward was certain that Rosalie would give up everything to be human again, but I personally don't think so. !
Thanks rosaliebellafan for a new discussion topic.
I agree. I think that even if it was possible, Rosalie is intelligent, she would take into consideration all that she has gained in her new life and compare it to her human existence.
As rosaliebellafan pointed out, she has gained more then just a chance to live forever and be eternally beautiful. She has gained love. And of course their is the obvious, she found Emmett (who Royce could not hold a candle to) but she has also gained the love of a family...one that doesn't intend on using her for social gain. I’m sure her human family did love her, but as was pointed out, using her for social climbing was always on the agenda. Carlisle and Esme love her unconditionally…she also gained the love of brothers and sisters.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
E&BForever

Post by E&BForever »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:^
That’s what I figured (about the holidays and what not)
I agree, having the Cullen girls as sisters would be pretty amazing.
rosaliebellafan wrote: Since the baby angle has been more than covered adequately, I thought to introduce a new angle to the discussion. Mostly on Rosalie and humanity. I know that it was mentioned in MS that Edward was certain that Rosalie would give up everything to be human again, but I personally don't think so. !
Thanks rosaliebellafan for a new discussion topic.
I agree. I think that even if it was possible, Rosalie is intelligent, she would take into consideration all that she has gained in her new life and compare it to her human existence.
As rosaliebellafan pointed out, she has gained more then just a chance to live forever and be eternally beautiful. She has gained love. And of course their is the obvious, she found Emmett (who Royce could not hold a candle to) but she has also gained the love of a family...one that doesn't intend on using her for social gain. I’m sure her human family did love her, but as was pointed out, using her for social climbing was always on the agenda. Carlisle and Esme love her unconditionally…she also gained the love of brothers and sisters.
You could be right. Edward just might have said that, because Rosalie is so vain, and is jealous that Bella is human.
Chantell
Team Edward for life!
MO54
Settled in Forks

Post by MO54 »

I have skimmed the pages and really haven't seen this one answered. Does anybody know how Stephanie picked Rochester, NY for Rosalie's hometown. I am from there and generally unless you are familiar with upstate NY you wouldn't know where Rochester is.
garnetpixie

Post by garnetpixie »

I think Team Rosalie needs liek a Salon, where she can pay others to make you look more beautiful than you are, but not as beautiful as her. Wouldn't that be fun?
EDC Bulldozer Operator

J<3B