Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

MO54 wrote:I have skimmed the pages and really haven't seen this one answered. Does anybody know how Stephanie picked Rochester, NY for Rosalie's hometown. I am from there and generally unless you are familiar with upstate NY you wouldn't know where Rochester is.
She probably did like she did to find Forks...googled it. :D
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’

CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:
MO54 wrote:I have skimmed the pages and really haven't seen this one answered. Does anybody know how Stephanie picked Rochester, NY for Rosalie's hometown. I am from there and generally unless you are familiar with upstate NY you wouldn't know where Rochester is.
She probably did like she did to find Forks...googled it. :D
Yeah I don't think Rochester is such an uncommon city. I've heard of it at least :lol: I'm sure she was trying to find someplace in the northeast that could be a feasible place for the Cullens to be living.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!

E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Yeah, I've heard of Rochester too. I'm sure it's just a town she picked.
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!

DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

ya sooo you know im married to Rosalie (Emmett doesnt know) sooo ya she is the best and she is h... pretty
and she has no powers soo that kinda sucks but at least she cant read my mind!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake

leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

I love Rosalie. She is my second favorite after Leah. I think she is very deep and has alot of love to give, but tries to be strong because she is very unhappy with being an immortal and barron
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic

Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote: and she has no powers soo that kinda sucks but at least she cant read my mind!!
she doesn't have an ability like Edward or Alice, or Jasper,
but her unique gift is her beauty- just as Emmett's gift is his strength
ColormeBSG

TeamCullenRocks
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullenRocks »

Rosalie...what a handful she was.

Early on in the series, she was easy to dislike, because she was always glaring at Bella and acted as if she didn't exist. However, she justified her behavior later on, like Jacob did after being a complete doof in Eclipse, and admitted to Bella that she was just envious of her humanity, and she couldn't understand why she would want to give it up so much.

I would agree with the assumption that Rosalie was the most beautiful woman on the planet. The girl who played Rosalie in the movie, Nikki Reed, really helped solidify that description. (I love being a guy.)
"It makes me... anxious... to be away from you."
-Edward, Twilight, p. 188

Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

TeamCullenRocks wrote:Early on in the series, she was easy to dislike, because she was always glaring at Bella and acted as if she didn't exist. However, she justified her behavior later on, like Jacob did after being a complete doof in Eclipse, and admitted to Bella that she was just envious of her humanity, and she couldn't understand why she would want to give it up so much.
That conversation in Eclipse was incredibly interesting. but, I'm not sure that she justified her behavior.
Maybe she did, I mean, she gave some gosh darn appalling reasoning. It put her entire story in a different light. Yes, I think that she rationalized her behavior- until Breaking Dawn. haha, don't even get me started. I've spent hours upon hours arguing about Rose's behavior and how I disliked her character in Breaking Dawn. But it really is one of the more interesting aspects of the series.
ColormeBSG

dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

TeamCullenRocks wrote:Rosalie...what a handful she was.

Early on in the series, she was easy to dislike, because she was always glaring at Bella and acted as if she didn't exist. However, she justified her behavior later on, like Jacob did after being a complete doof in Eclipse, and admitted to Bella that she was just envious of her humanity, and she couldn't understand why she would want to give it up so much.

I would agree with the assumption that Rosalie was the most beautiful woman on the planet. The girl who played Rosalie in the movie, Nikki Reed, really helped solidify that description. (I love being a guy.)
I do have to admit . . . she didn't bother me with her being mean to Bella. I'd probably be the same . . . but for different reasons. I mean if my incredibley good looking brother (sorta, or lets just say friend) brought a girl who was plain, had zero personality and was intirely dependant on him in her life, I'd probably be a bit snarly to her too . . .
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX

Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ HAHA! Well said!
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss