Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

but just because it's the way jacob looks at it doesn't mean it's wrong malaz. it's right. it's true. rosalie is AFTER THE BABY. that's it. that's what she wants.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:but just because it's the way jacob looks at it doesn't mean it's wrong malaz. it's right. it's true. rosalie is AFTER THE BABY. that's it. that's what she wants.
yes, but he's b.i.a.s.e.d.
and he is wrong.
no one said she wasn't after the baby. we agreed on that, it was her main priority.

But both Rose and Bella knew that bella had a very very good chance at surviving this. Rosalie wasn't just going to get the baby if bella lived. they were both fighting for it. Rosalie was fighting for it to live and not die and then, well abviously if bella died she would raise her [nessie]

If Rosalie was so damn horrible about it like he thinks, then why doesn't bella feel the same way. why doesn't bella object to her motivations and what she wants?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

all jacob said about her intentions was what they were and how selfish they are. you're obviously not disputing her intentions, are you disputing their selfishness??

his other hatred for her came from the fact that she was awful to him.

bella doesn't know of rosalie's true intentions, or her true motivations. jacob tries to explain it, but she just tells him to "stop being a jerk". besides, since when do we trust bella as being observant of the people around her, so long as she's getting what she wants??

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

i am talking about, the fact that since jacob is dovy-lovey with bella, that everything that he sees is sending her to R.I.P needs to be hated (edward for example, but that's another matter), to him, this is real death and the person responsible is Rose cause she's standing in the way of Bella's life when it's what she [bella] wants.

oh yes, bella does know rose's intentions and motives. she knew that rose wants a baby and here's bella presenting her with one. that's why she's asked her in the first place, knowing that rose will help her no matter what if a 'baby' is involved.
and she knew that if she died, rose would raise the baby. though i don't think she knew that rosalie was thinking of that though.
Bella told him to stop being a jerk, because well. he was being a jerk.

what do you mean, bella being not abservent of the people around her?
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

it doesn't matter if Jake is biased or not- we have Edward reinforcing Jake's conclusions in pretty much every on of the quotes I posted a while back.
TWO people that loved Bella.

oh, and malaz, responding to your reply a couple posts back- I never said that Rose wanted Bella to die- I just don't see how you can say Rose loved Bella. I think Bella was the means through which that baby was coming. period. I don't think it extends beyond that in Breaking Dawn.

we all know why Bella called Rose- not because Rose could become speculative and concerned for Bella- but OBSESSIVE and POSSESIVE. and that is where I cannot see through your point of view. I cannot see the love in a relationship where someone watches her sister die slowly knowing that she can stop it... and yeah, I already said that...

and let me make this clear- I have been accused by two different people now over the weekend that I am blaming something on Rose.
If whatever I am blaming on Rose has to do with Rose's disregard for Bella's life- no- I am not blaming anything on anyone.
I simply have failed, thus far, to accept Rose's actions as anything but selfishness. there is no blame place on anyone in this judgment- it is an observation of character that I have made.
you can argue with me on this point- I just wanted to clarify for those who think I am somehow pointing fingers. I am well aware that Bella willingly called Rose, and I competely understand why she did. no blame, no fingers raised. thank you. I'm done ranting, now.
ColormeBSG
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Jacob doesn't like Rosalie simply because she's the one that's the most difficult one to like. Of course that the fact the Jake loves Bella and Rose doesn't was another plus for Jacob to dislike Rosalie. But I think that after Nessie was born Jake realized that she Bella had aborted her he'd be without the love of his life, so maybe he was even thankful for Rose to get in the way. And they both love Ness so I guess that brought them together in a way.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Why doesn't anyone on here acknowledge that Edward's actions aren't really something to use as proof. Yes, he answered Jacob's thought about Rose just wanting the baby, but Edward was going crazy. He wasn't thinking straight so how can anyone say that what he confirmed to Jacob was really Rose's intentions...it was just how Edward took what Rose was thinking, and since we don't really know if she was really thinking about having the baby all to herself, we can't claim that she had no disregarded to Bella's life...at least no less disregard then Bella herself.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:Jacob doesn't like Rosalie simply because she's the one that's the most difficult one to like. Of course that the fact the Jake loves Bella and Rose doesn't was another plus for Jacob to dislike Rosalie. But I think that after Nessie was born Jake realized that she Bella had aborted her he'd be without the love of his life, so maybe he was even thankful for Rose to get in the way. And they both love Ness so I guess that brought them together in a way.
I think thankful is a bit of a stretch. I think that Jake and Rose will always have tension... I dont think that Renesme could bring them together, but rather, while Nessie grows, they may clash, because they both want to spend so much time with her... not to mention Bella, too... seing as how she's- you know- the mom...
ColormeBSG
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

awesomejen1 wrote:Why doesn't anyone on here acknowledge that Edward's actions aren't really something to use as proof. Yes, he answered Jacob's thought about Rose just wanting the baby, but Edward was going crazy. He wasn't thinking straight so how can anyone say that what he confirmed to Jacob was really Rose's intentions...it was just how Edward took what Rose was thinking, and since we don't really know if she was really thinking about having the baby all to herself, we can't claim that she had no disregarded to Bella's life...at least no less disregard then Bella herself.
how do you misinterpret a thought though?? that's the whole reason we need to interpret words and actions, because we can't tell a person's thoughts. your logic here really doesn't work.

jacob doesn't like rosalie because she was mean to him. and to everyone.

waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

So I have a question (please don’t bite my head off :? ).
The argument seems to be that Edward’s thoughts may have been biased concerning Rosalie and Nessie, that he may have in fact misread her thoughts or completely drawn his own opinion…correct?
Well my question is why would SM put it in there just for it to be completely wrong yet no contradictions of it later? I could see it if she was going to correct the opinion that was bound to be drawn from that statement but she didn’t.
She left it as it was, it seems to me that that is the thought she wanted people to hear.
*If there are any contradictions to the thought that I am unaware of, please enlighten me…I may have missed them*
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’