Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by cascsiany »

I wish SM would write a bit more from Rosalie's perspective so we get a better idea of her motivations for some of the things she does/says.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^Ya[lioness rampant]. Even if you aren't a fan of Rose, you have to admit its fun and interesting to discuss her character.
I stop on here every once in a while and comment. I used to be on here all the time (remember that, lioness rampant. Oh, some good conversations. :)) Now, though, I just feel like we all have different opinions and everyones pretty much stated their side. Thats why I don't comment much on this thread anymore. Its still fun to watch and "listen" to the debates. Its entertaining to see what everyone has to say. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

there is no "admitting" needed! ;) I've always thought that Rosalie is one of the most complex characters of the series- which is the reason why I try to be so active on this thread!
:D Yes, urcoolcarrie, I do remember our heated debates! good times!

I think that the more we investigate certain topics, the more we refine and clarify our opinions and the firmer their foundations become. I appreciate that, and I appreciate you guys! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
ColormeBSG
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Well i'm fairly new to the series but i find Rosalie the most intriguing and mysterious of all the characters.
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

cascsiany wrote:Well i'm fairly new to the series but i find Rosalie the most intriguing and mysterious of all the characters.
Agreed. While I don't like Rosalie that much, I find her story the intresting.
Welcome to the lex, btw.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Lioness Rampant

threethings wrote:
cascsiany wrote:Well i'm fairly new to the series but i find Rosalie the most intriguing and mysterious of all the characters.
Welcome to the lex, btw.
I really appreciate what she stood for in Eclipse. my opinion of her is far from pleasant, but her story really does add a complexity!
ColormeBSG
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
threethings wrote:
Welcome to the lex, btw.
I really appreciate what she stood for in Eclipse. my opinion of her is far from pleasant, but her story really does add a complexity!
I like the fact that she's the one to give another opinion at the vote in NM. It shows that she doesn't hate Bella but is standing up for the other side.
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ IA. We've been discussing the pregnancy stuff and it's not going anywhere. We should be discussing Rosalie's personality, or something. Let's leave Bella, Jacob, Carlisle and Edward behind because after all this is Rosalie's thread.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Lioness Rampant

Well, without those external characters, we wouldn't have much to discuss... without Carlisle, we wouldn't have a Rosalie Hale to discuss, without Bella, Jake and Edward, we wouldn't be able to see her personality put into play... They are vital in the development of Rose's character, especially the last three...

And, Gi.Kodaly, by discussing her behaviour throughout Bella's pregancy, we are attacking what is, arguably, the most pivotal part in Rose's appearance in the series. I definately think that we "are getting somewhere"... We've established a LOT about her movtives. go back 30 pages into this thread, and you'll see we have progressed a LONG way...
ColormeBSG
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Lioness Rampant wrote: what evidence is there that Rose care for Bella?
Malaz. Jake is biased. we've established that. Bella is biased. we've established that. but what does it MATTER? Their opinions can color a situation a certain way, but either way, its the ACTIONS that we should look at, not the way anyone sees anything.
who cares what Jake thinks of Rose? who cares what Bella thinks of Rose? thats not what this is about. this is about ROSE and what WE think of Rose. and by looking at her actions- we can determine our different perspectives. personally, I don't admire of her actions in Breaking Dawn. I think that they are quite the opposit eof admirable.- but that is my opinion, whether Jake agrees or not. whether Bella agrees or not. whether Joe Blow agrees or not.

and both of you- holdingoutforjacob and malaz- why does it matter who started what or whose fault what was? I fail to see what relevance this has.
they both had major friction and I think that the conversation of who started what is spiraling downwards...
so you finally agree that Jacob is biased? as well as bella.

I feel like i am going around in circles. you guys are completely missing my point. the point that i am trying to discuss. looks like we've come to agreement that jacob is biased, correct? well, his hate for rosalie precieves her actions in a undesirable and repugnant way sort of like how you see them. NOW, what i am trying to say is. What if we got a look in Bella's head during book 2. What would she have been thinking? Grateful, thankful, happy that Rosalie is helping her with this, am i right?

Well, jacob views her actions and horrible and inexcusable, Bella views her actions as a grateful thing. WHO IS RIGHT? -- but that's beside the moment at the moment.

now, you want to discuss her actions in a certain way without without considering what others think of her, and you're completely one-sided (if you'll excuse me :D .) because you're looking at it from Jacob's side, you're not considering everything. Her intentions is what you're judging. Why can't you except that she did a good thing? She wasn't killing bella, bella was killing herself. She was sacraficing herself to save "her little nudger"...Rosalie...rose was helping her with something Bella wants, something bella asked from her. How are her actions in wanting to help bella inexcusable? Along the way, yes, Rosalie was abnoxious and disrespectful and she could have said things a little differently...
Actions are actions. we all know what Rose did. The fact that Joe Bob washes the dishes is a fact. whether Jane Doe was narrating or Billy Smith was- an action is hard to interpret unless the narrator is not present at the scene or just blatantly mistaken. then there is the aspect of Edward, of course. He was there to verify Jake's conclusions- which, I would like to point out, do no refer to Rose's actions but her intentions. that is a different matter.

and as for me and holdingoutforjacob. well... :lol: , we'll proberly get it cleared up pretty soon.
Yes, her actions are a fact. they were written and read. but what were exactly her "actions" that were inexcusable? please enlighten me.
and as for jacob, again. he misinterprets them. he isn't misinterpreting them in the sense when rosalie gave him the FIDO bowl, he was like "oh she's being nice" but he's misinterpreting them in the sense that his love for bella and his extreme anxiety that she could die...in HIS eyes rosalie was helping bella die. so of coarse he's going to find her a disgusting, physcotic blonde. AGAIN, if we're looking at if from bella perspective...

and i have one thing to touch up upon, but i think i've written too much. i guess i am partial to writting alot...