Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
akire wrote: I get what you're saying and I think you're right. But her decision to help Bella wasn't made on any sort of relatability . It was made for Rosalie's benefit.
i agree i mean i can see what your saying about helping bella but everything that Rosalie did was for her benefit it wasn't for anybody elses.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
akire wrote:Maybe "sisterhood" not in the sense that Bella is married to her brother, but in the sense that Rosalie knew exactly what it felt like to want a baby as badly as Bella did. IMHO, the nature of Rose's personality is such that she just isn't able to love others as much as, say, Alice is. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a part of who she is. So she isn't able to relate to Bella until Bella has made a choice she herself has made.
I get what you're saying and I think you're right. But her decision to help Bella wasn't made on any sort of relatability . It was made for Rosalie's benefit.
I meant to say "...until Bella has made a choice she (Rose) WOULD have made," since, you know -- Rose doesn't have kids.

I guess, even if Rose considered the possibility of Bella surviving the pregnancy, she would consider having the baby around a benefit. Maybe you meant that she didn't help Bella for Bella's sake, but for her own? Did I interpret that correctly?

Image Image Image
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

I had said this before but I'm gonna say it again. Rosalie could care less whether Bella lived or died. All she wanted was the baby and she proved it when she just took off with the baby when Edward was trying to save her. She was downstairs making googoo eyes at the baby while tha Bella was dying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was that what was going on, the mystery factor that was bonding the two of them (Bella and Rose)? Was Rosalie after the Kid?

From the corner of my eye, I saw Edward nod once, absently, not looking in my direction. But i knew he was answering my questions.

So much for protecting Bella-- Rosalie'd probably jam the tube down Bella's throat herself.

Edward's mouth mashed into a hard line, and i knew i was right again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edward of all people would know Rosalies intentions. That just proves that Rosalie is, if she cared for Bella, Edward wouldn't have reacted that way.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

TheLamb07 wrote:I had said this before but I'm gonna say it again. Rosalie could care less whether Bella lived or died. All she wanted was the baby and she proved it when she just took off with the baby when Edward was trying to save her. She was downstairs making googoo eyes at the baby while tha Bella was dying.

Edward of all people would know Rosalies intentions. That just proves that Rosalie is, if she cared for Bella, Edward wouldn't have reacted that way.
I have to agree with you....
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

TheLamb07 wrote:I had said this before but I'm gonna say it again. Rosalie could care less whether Bella lived or died. All she wanted was the baby and she proved it when she just took off with the baby when Edward was trying to save her. She was downstairs making googoo eyes at the baby while tha Bella was dying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was that what was going on, the mystery factor that was bonding the two of them (Bella and Rose)? Was Rosalie after the Kid?

From the corner of my eye, I saw Edward nod once, absently, not looking in my direction. But i knew he was answering my questions.

So much for protecting Bella-- Rosalie'd probably jam the tube down Bella's throat herself.

Edward's mouth mashed into a hard line, and i knew i was right again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But wanting the baby is different than not caring about Bella at all. I'm sure that Rose's first priority was for the baby's life, not Bella's. But I really doubt that Rosalie would not help Bella at all and let her die; but Edward and Jacob were taking care of Bella, and so she naturally went for the baby. Rosalie could never be so callous as to use Bella to get the baby. She could never be that insensitive to her entire family, not just Bella. Yes, Rosalie is vain and selfish, but she's not heartless.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
akire

Post by akire »

debussygirl wrote: But wanting the baby is different than not caring about Bella at all. I'm sure that Rose's first priority was for the baby's life, not Bella's. But I really doubt that Rosalie would not help Bella at all and let her die; but Edward and Jacob were taking care of Bella, and so she naturally went for the baby. Rosalie could never be so callous as to use Bella to get the baby. She could never be that insensitive to her entire family, not just Bella. Yes, Rosalie is vain and selfish, but she's not heartless.
My thoughts exactly. Not to mention the fact she was having trouble controlling herself around all the blood. (Right? Or was that Alice?). It was a better job for Rose, at least at that point, to take care of Nessie. I may not want to hang out with Rose, but I don't think that little of her to think of her as quite so, well, heartless really is the best word.

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^Yes, it was Rosalie who had to be deterred by Jacob, there was really nothing she could have done to help.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
arieonna
Settled in Forks

Post by arieonna »

debussygirl wrote: But wanting the baby is different than not caring about Bella at all. I'm sure that Rose's first priority was for the baby's life, not Bella's. But I really doubt that Rosalie would not help Bella at all and let her die; but Edward and Jacob were taking care of Bella, and so she naturally went for the baby. Rosalie could never be so callous as to use Bella to get the baby. She could never be that insensitive to her entire family, not just Bella. Yes, Rosalie is vain and selfish, but she's not heartless.

I would have to agree. I don't think she was heartless. It never really said what was said on the phone when Bella called Rose or what was being said and done in the house when they returned home. I guess the question is how far Bella would risk her life to save her child? She knew that because the child was causing her health to fail that Edward would do anything to keep her alive, which ment not having the baby. Rose was the only one that she knew that would fight just as hard (as Bell) for the child. So I think Bella knew that there would be pressure for her to stop the pregnancy, as well that there may be a time when she (Bella) may not be able to voice that she still wanted the child, and Rose would be there to make sure that no one would terminate the pregnancy. Also Bella may have asked Rose that if something did go wrong and she didn't make it through the pregnancy, would she take care of the child. So Rose may have been only following Bella's wishes. Edward would be made at Rose for letting Bella go through with this, which is why he had the look on his face when Jacob made the comment about Rose being the one to shove the blood down her throat. I don't think that she would have wanted Bella dead, that if it would have happen that she would have been sad that Bella had died but she would be happy about the new life that Bella give up hers for.
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

well, i think Rose was totally heartless. We see Alice come in and check in on Bella while she was "burning" but all we could tell was that Rose never cared to come see her. I really think that she wouldn't care whether Bella died or not. i think her whole transformation from good to evil came after Reneesme was born but while bella was pregnant, Rose couldnt care less about bella's health
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
akire

Post by akire »

^^ Just wanted to point out that we don't ever hear about Esme coming to see Bella while she was burning -- or Emmett or Jasper, for that matter.

I don't doubt that Rose cared MORE about the baby's health than Bella's while B was pregnant, though.

Image Image Image