Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Rosalie Hale

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I think that Emmett is Rosalie's rock. Rosalie would never be able to live without Emmett so I think she would be willing to die for him in a second.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I have to disagree with you... I think Rose would trade Emmett for what she really wants the most...
ColormeBSG
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Lioness Rampant wrote:I have to disagree with you... I think Rose would trade Emmett for what she really wants the most...
I agree and disagree with you Lioness Rampant. In a fight for the family or for some other reason, Rose's first priority would be protecting Em. Just like Jazz and Alice, Edward and Bella, we see that vampires tend to take GREAT offense to killing their mate. So, Rose would fight alongside Em, dying to protect him if need be.

But, the situation you bring up is totally different. If they were to somehow find a way to reverse the transformation so she could become human again, I think she would fight to be able to bring Em with her. But, if it came right down to it, she would trade him for humanity in half a heartbeat.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Jazz Girl wrote:
Lioness Rampant wrote:I have to disagree with you... I think Rose would trade Emmett for what she really wants the most...
I agree and disagree with you Lioness Rampant. In a fight for the family or for some other reason, Rose's first priority would be protecting Em. Just like Jazz and Alice, Edward and Bella, we see that vampires tend to take GREAT offense to killing their mate. So, Rose would fight alongside Em, dying to protect him if need be.

But, the situation you bring up is totally different. If they were to somehow find a way to reverse the transformation so she could become human again, I think she would fight to be able to bring Em with her. But, if it came right down to it, she would trade him for humanity in half a heartbeat.
I see your point in that, Jazz Girl. But, I still wonder if after so many decades together if she would really trade him for humanity. That would be cold! (no pun intended).
If she did that, then that would be the ultimate betrayal of Emmett. Hmm.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Well, the original question was if Rosalie would die to protect Emmett, which I think she would.

I remember in the "Emmett and Rosalie" thread, people would cite the book as saying Rosalie would trade Emmett for a child, but does anyone remember the page number?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

I have a question about Rose, but I just wasn't excited enough to go thru all 88 pages of discussion, so, can anyone tell me what does she mean when she says that her record is ALMOST as clean as Carlisle's? She never drank human blood, so I really didn't get what she means....
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

I believe she meant that Carlisle never killed a human in any manner, period. So, when she says ALMOST as clean, she hasn't ever drunk human blood, but she has killed humans, though I can't say they were that much of a loss to humanity.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Jazz Girl wrote:I believe she meant that Carlisle never killed a human in any manner, period. So, when she says ALMOST as clean, she hasn't ever drunk human blood, but she has killed humans, though I can't say they were that much of a loss to humanity.
hmm, i suppose that makes sense. ^^
thanx!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

for me Rosalie is an interesting character. at first I kind of hated her for being such a witch most of the time. but the more I've read the saga and come to understand her better I kind of like her. I can understand why she's somewhat bitter about how her human life ended and then being turned into a vampire but I think she could try to move past that and be happy w/her life and soul mate Emmett. and I liked the fact that she tried to warm up to Bella and explain to her about her life & how she was changed and that she shouldn't rush into things. this showed that she did kind of care about Bella and what she would be doing and giving up if she were changed.

so I do like her because she's an interesting character and brings a different kind of dynamic to the story. but she does get on my nerves sometimes.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

I guess that leads to a Rose question, folks;

What are Rosalie's best and worst moments in the saga?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty