Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black

Post by spicey16 »

Wingtear wrote:New Topic.
How many here was hoping that Leah and Jacob would hook up, before he imprinted on Nessie?
I don't have an oppinion, I had read spoilers prior to reading BD and knew what was coming, I'm just curious how you others felt about those two, together.

deffinatly!! i thought the whole time they were gonna end up together. from the very begining at the bond fire. I dunno why ( and obviously i was wrong lol) but at that moment i thought oh theres jacobs girl.. maybe they dont imprint bc their both wolves.. I think they would have been GGRRREEAAAT! ( i was trying to growl haha)
Nessie_08
Learning to Love Green

Post by Nessie_08 »

spicey16 wrote:
How many here was hoping that Leah and Jacob would hook up, before he imprinted on Nessie?
I don't have an oppinion, I had read spoilers prior to reading BD and knew what was coming, I'm just curious how you others felt about those two, together.

deffinatly!! i thought the whole time they were gonna end up together. from the very begining at the bond fire. I dunno why ( and obviously i was wrong lol) but at that moment i thought oh theres jacobs girl.. maybe they dont imprint bc their both wolves.. I think they would have been GGRRREEAAAT! ( i was trying to growl haha)
Frosted flakes, they're more than good... lol

Click the Bunny! Take The Quiz! Join the Blubness!

Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

malaz wrote:
switzgal wrote:I know we have a new jopic but mine was cut short. Anybody think SM used the bracelet as symbolism for Bella's relationship between Edward and Jacob. IMO, she did use it as symbolism. I just re-read "Being Jacob Black" today.
SM really loves Jacob.
how exactly did she symbolize that?
I am just curious :D :D :D

yeah, she says she's switzerland. but i wasn't born yesterday, it's sort of ludicrous. Ok, that sounds rude. I love Stephenie, but still. it's such a conspicuous fact. It's apparent that she loves Jacob the most. sigh. i hope the mods make the thread soon...maybe i should ask them...?
Symbolism as in what? I don't understand.

I think if she loved Jacob more wouldn't she have had him end up with Bella, or at least with a better ending than Nessie...? I dunno i just can't see her as being anything but switzerland on that.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Nessie_08 wrote:
spicey16 wrote:

Frosted flakes, they're more than good... lol
:lol: :lol: That's the way I read that too, just like Tony the Tiger!!
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Rob wrote:I think if she loved Jacob more wouldn't she have had him end up with Bella, or at least with a better ending than Nessie...? I dunno i just can't see her as being anything but switzerland on that.
I'm a bit confused on the symbolism too :? but i don't think SM would of necessarily had to make Jacob end up with Bella for her to "love" him more, but i feel that Edward would of always meant more. And the ending whether it was the right one/if it was good enough is a whole debate in itself. Personally, i find it a bit weird.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

TeamJacob! wrote: I'm a bit confused on the symbolism too :? but i don't think SM would of necessarily had to make Jacob end up with Bella for her to "love" him more, but i feel that Edward would of always meant more. And the ending whether it was the right one/if it was good enough is a whole debate in itself. Personally, i find it a bit weird.
I'll pm you an explanation of the symbolism.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Rob wrote:
malaz wrote:
switzgal wrote:I know we have a new jopic but mine was cut short. Anybody think SM used the bracelet as symbolism for Bella's relationship between Edward and Jacob. IMO, she did use it as symbolism. I just re-read "Being Jacob Black" today.
SM really loves Jacob.
how exactly did she symbolize that?
I am just curious :D :D :D

yeah, she says she's switzerland. but i wasn't born yesterday, it's sort of ludicrous. Ok, that sounds rude. I love Stephenie, but still. it's such a conspicuous fact. It's apparent that she loves Jacob the most. sigh. i hope the mods make the thread soon...maybe i should ask them...?
Symbolism as in what? I don't understand.

I think if she loved Jacob more wouldn't she have had him end up with Bella, or at least with a better ending than Nessie...? I dunno i just can't see her as being anything but switzerland on that.
SM, in an interview stated that "Twilight was ALWAYS about Edward & Bella". It was not about Jacob & Bella. Jacob is akin to 'Paris' of Romeo & Juliet - a stick figure as described in New Moon. He was the conflict for Edward & Bella. Now that does not make him any less important, because his presence is needed for the choice that Bella has to make at the end of the day. Jacob is someone that Bella did love but it was never, ever enough to make the difference in Bella's choice and life.

Edward & Bella were always meant to be. Yes, SM did love Jacob, she considered him like one of her kids and she could not understand a lot of peoples dislike towards him. At first, I liked him, then I hated him for trying to come between Edward & Bella and then I grew to understand him as a well written character and as a fictional young man. His purpose for Bella was not mean-spirited; he really thought he could save her and be the true love that she was looking for.

At the end of the day, SM gave Jacob his happy ending through imprintation with Renesmee. When she is grown, all will be good. I like it! :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

that's exactly why she had him imprint on Nessie. so he can be in Bella's life. I thought jacob would be like a long-distance friend or something to Bella. but now he's her son-in-law. worked perfectly!!!

navarre - jacob's involvement in the series is so cryptic. I mean yeah yeah yeah, i get whatever he was trying to do. He was supposed to show Bella what she would get if she's human and whatnot. But the story compeletly condradicts itself. Bella gets a child, she gets her dad, she gets to keep her friend, and she doesn't die. I am beginning to think that the twilight series is a marysue-ish story. I would have loved a little tragedy or something. Even though i don't want anyone to die or something bad to happen, it makes the story more awesome. Just like in harry Potter. Cedric didn't have to die, he could have lived, but he died. okay, now i am not making any sense.

i guess what i am trying to say. Is that before breaking dawn, i was finally accepting Jacob, you know. How he was trying to save Bella's life, trying to show her another path, show her what she was sacrificing. But breaking dawn came out and that's all out the window, because bella gets her cake and eats it too. not that i mind, but come on?? and that's why Jacob's character is puzzling to me. I just think it's kind of useless to go through a few books and then the ending condradicts everything. bah!
cherylveenc
Settled in Forks

Post by cherylveenc »

i wouldnt want Jacob to be my best friend..
because of the way he talks and all
but i really liked him as Bella's best friend
he's like a true soulmate to her
and Jacob has the best sense of humour altho he said it in sarcasm
"blood suckers.. parasite... leech!!"
"blondie" haha i love him bickering with Rosalie
the part he throw his 'dog bowl' at her head.. was the funniest
stephenie wrote jacob's part real well.. his personality is really obvious to see and love
his loyalty.. is too great
but it shocked me when he imprinted on renesmee! i sort of got sad because of it );
i like jacob with bella and the same time edward with bella
he is a great character and a humble "alpha"
newborn twilighter
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

malaz wrote: I am beginning to think that the twilight series is a marysue-ish story. I would have loved a little tragedy or something.
I don't know what a marysue is (I've seen the expression around the boards) but about tragedy...
I almost died reading Bella's "lost" part of New Moon. I've been that deep in depression myself, that is enough tragedy, for me to not even wish it on my worst enemy. I understand her fear of loosing people after that, not saying it's right, I've behaved exactly like her.
I like that she got it all, so many fantasy stories nowadays end in tragedy just because. I prefer to believe that all beings can be reasoned with, and don't wish to fight if it's not necessary.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK