Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black

Post by sarina1113 »

Wingtear wrote:Sarina - this line in your sig "Team Jacob... because the werewolf smell is actually pretty pleasant!" so reminds me of the fanfic I'm currently reading... lol
Haha, can you link me to it? Also, I'm loving your Nessie&Jacob one! I just started it but it's getting good :) Oh yea, I'm still working on the new banner that redefines Team Jacob. It's not bad so far ;)

EDIT: Lol, IHateTwilight. That explains it :)
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Sure, I'll Pm you if you want it, it's blackwater though... :shock:
I didn't know when I started to read it, and OMJB I think I might be turning...
and since you've read my stuff, you know who I ship with Jacob...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Mrs. Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Black »

When did this turn into a discussion about discussions? I thought this was the Jacob topic...

How are they gonna make Taylor 6 ft. tall for New Moon-Breaking Dawn?! He's a shrimp!!

"Life sucks and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky." -Jacob Black
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Discussions can go OT from time to time...

I think height is the least of the problems, the bulk however...
And isn't he closing on 7ft at the beginning of Eclipse?
There is quite a few rumors going around about Summit replacing him :cry: and I hope they don't.
I loved Taylors performance as Jacob, there is no other for me now...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Mrs. Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Black »

No. No, no,no! They can't replace Taylor. He's Jacob. Jacob is Taylor.

Can't they use movie magic or something?

"Life sucks and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky." -Jacob Black
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

TeamJacob! wrote:
Well i never said Edward wasn't caring and sweet, and i do think he is at least as caring and sweet, but he also shows it more/better than Jacob so Jacob gets a bad rep.

She never says that Jacob understands her better that Jacob its more implied. Maybe its because Jacob is human minus the werewolf, he relates more than Edward i guess. so Edward doesn't understand subtle or kinda implied kinda emotion. This is just one example i can think of...when Bella gets pregnant Edward thinks she is upset cos she is pregnant not cos he wants to kill it..and when he tells Jacob he picks it up straight away.
Edward- " you know her well. How quickly you see...i didn't see" pg 177 BD

you say that that Jacob wouldn't push Bella if he understood her but that's why he did it cos he knew she loved him maybe not as much as Edward but she did and he wanted her to know that.

Sorry i'm a bit confused with the bits in bold and i don't know the story of The prince and the popper. Are you asking what does being equal have to do with love? i would say nothing. but if your talking about being comfortable with someone than its kinda different.

Ok..i get the protection things that's fine, and i take back the stalker comment..as i explained before i was more for dramatic effect and its usually pretty late when i write these things so yeh :)
I just didn't like when he wouldn't let her see Jacob at the start of eclipse and kinda did hold her hostage, not as in bad torture hostage, but she was still there against her will. but after he understood and i was cool with it.

:o we kinda agree on somethings lol, well at least it was better than our previous convos right? lol
Ok i can see how Jacob may be more in tune with what Bella is thinking and understand her more in a way that Ed just can't because he has not been human for years, but i think he understands her more on different levels than Jacob, and Jacob on different levels than Edward. (BTW another example would be in New Moon, Jacob knows Bella didn't like music [in the car with mike] after what happened to her.

Yea he knew that she loved him, but he didn't know his pushing would hurt her.

Prince falls in love with poor girl, against family values etc.
I'm saying the first. But, i think Bella is just as comfortable with Ed as Jacob. With Ed shes more boyfriend comfortable, and with Jacob more best friend comfortable, I don't know if you will understand that but that's how i see it.

Yes we do and yes it is.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

his. pushing. did. not. hurt. her. if anything it only hurt him. bella's not a victim here in ANY way.

would you rather she turned into a vampire and then one day realize she actually WAS in love with Jacob (indisputable fact) and then begin to doubt and question and wonder even though it's too late??? it's better that she make a fully informed decision.

either way the world doesn't revolve around bella.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:his. pushing. did. not. hurt. her. if anything it only hurt him. bella's not a victim here in ANY way.

would you rather she turned into a vampire and then one day realize she actually WAS in love with Jacob (indisputable fact) and then begin to doubt and question and wonder even though it's too late??? it's better that she make a fully informed decision.

either way the world doesn't revolve around bella.
That. Is. Your. Opinion. Why. Can. You. Not. Accept. That. Other. People. Have. Different. Ones? You may not think she is a victim but, many other people see it as an equal relationship, as I do. They both give, they both take, neither one more than the other.

She made an informed decision, so what are you even trying to get at? She knows she loves Ed more, that's about as informed as she is going to get.

Yes. This world does revolve around Bella. She is the PROTAGONIST. Look it up because i doubt you know what that even means.

Im going to make one thing very very clear. People are not going to like you (not that anyone does anyway) if you try to force your opinions on them. Instead why don't you try showing them yours, and accepting that they may or may not take stock in it.

Im tired of your attacks. Foed.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

can you say hypocrite?

your problem is - and believe me, it's a problem - that you refuse to believe FACTS when they don't coincide with YOUR opinion. and when someone disagrees with you. instead of offering evidence to your beliefs - like i did - you attack their intelligence, rather than having enough of your own to come up with a good argument. saying no one likes me and attacking my intelligence is not only unintelligent, but immature.

i have every right to express my opinions. my tone wasn't meant to be combatitive, but to express my frustration at the fact that you refuse to consider the opinions of others on the grounds that because they disagree with you, they are stupid and unworthy of your consideration.

my point was that you have totally misunderstood the purpose of jacob's character, which you REFUSE to accept because of course you're always right. his "pushing" didn't hurt her in any way. in the long run, it helped her. that was clear.

my statement about the world not revolving around bella meant that while yes, she is the main character in the books, that does not mean that every character, in order to be considered to have "good" actions, should have to defer to her needs, wants, feelings, thoughts, and whims all the time. in fact, i think that of all the advice bella's been given over the entire series, it came from Rosalie.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Rob wrote: Yea he knew that she loved him, but he didn't know his pushing would hurt her.
I'd have to agree with HOFJ on this. His pushing might of hurt Bella but she lets say 'got over it quickly' she never felt hurt the same way Jacob was hurt. Apart of the reason she wasn't hurt as much was cos she had and loved Edward, but to Jacob. Bella was the one he LOVED and he had lost her.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D