Jacob Black

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Locked
User avatar
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Where the wild things are...

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:55 am

bahahahaha team jacob i love your signature line!!!!!
Image

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!
Posts: 1432
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Amethyst1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 pm

TeamJacob! wrote: She never says that Jacob understands her better that Jacob its more implied. Maybe its because Jacob is human minus the werewolf, he relates more than Edward i guess. so Edward doesn't understand subtle or kinda implied kinda emotion. This is just one example i can think of...when Bella gets pregnant Edward thinks she is upset cos she is pregnant not cos he wants to kill it..and when he tells Jacob he picks it up straight away.
Edward- " you know her well. How quickly you see...i didn't see" pg 177 BD
That scene really confuses me, because Edward had no idea, bella wouldn't talk to him but then with Jacob, Edward told him all the details "she wouldn't let us get him out" therefore Jacob knowing that bella was dying to protect the baby. I wouldn't say Jacob knows bella pretty well and especially in that scene because he was told all the details.

Rob - you bring an interesting point and something i've always thought about.

If jacob claims to know bella more than anyone else in the world, then he's contradicting himself - he kept hurting her in eclipse and pushing her. He repeatedly made unpleasent comments to which Bella did not like and told him to stop.
I am not sure Bella ever wanted him to fight for her. She wanted him to give up. Didn't she tell him it was a lost cause? Jacob himself knew it it was a lost cause.
Jacob placed himself in the situation by his own will so most of his pain (even thought it involved bella) he brought it on to himself, he hurt himself and he hurt bella as well. -- yeah yeah yeah, bella hurt him too...

I say, both him and bella were hurt equally. it's funny, they both take turns hurting each other. They both kept coming back to each other and hurting themselves too in the process. Jacob wasn't hurt any less than Bella and Bella wasn't hurt any less than Jacob.
Sure, she got Edward in the end while Jacob got noone, but honestly, so what? wasn't the damage done already? Just because bella got Edward doesn't mean she will run off into the sunset she will keep hurting too and so is Jacob. So my opinion is that they were both hurt equally.

User avatar
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Moving out of Switzerland to join the wolves

Re: Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:39 pm

malaz wrote: Just because bella got Edward doesn't mean she will run off into the sunset
Well she kinda did...i know it was her wedding and all but in BD...she pretty much was able to 'lock the Jacob draw' and not feel hurt by it anymore.
Image
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D

User avatar
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Near San Francisco. :) Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Rob » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 pm

holdingoutforjacob wrote:can you say hypocrite?

your problem is - and believe me, it's a problem - that you refuse to believe FACTS when they don't coincide with YOUR opinion. and when someone disagrees with you. instead of offering evidence to your beliefs - like i did - you attack their intelligence, rather than having enough of your own to come up with a good argument. saying no one likes me and attacking my intelligence is not only unintelligent, but immature.

i have every right to express my opinions. my tone wasn't meant to be combatitive, but to express my frustration at the fact that you refuse to consider the opinions of others on the grounds that because they disagree with you, they are stupid and unworthy of your consideration.

my point was that you have totally misunderstood the purpose of jacob's character, which you REFUSE to accept because of course you're always right. his "pushing" didn't hurt her in any way. in the long run, it helped her. that was clear.

my statement about the world not revolving around bella meant that while yes, she is the main character in the books, that does not mean that every character, in order to be considered to have "good" actions, should have to defer to her needs, wants, feelings, thoughts, and whims all the time. in fact, i think that of all the advice bella's been given over the entire series, it came from Rosalie.
Too bad that your "FACTS" are opinions. Your the one starting arguments on purpose and i'm immature? Get a life. I have never once said anyone else's opinions were wrong, rather I read them and then stated my own if i disagreed with them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I personally do think his pushing hurt her. If you don't think so that's great for you, I don't care anymore after you said it like 50 times. Your last sentence made zero sense so i'm not bothering responding.

Anyone know how to do that foe thing this little girl is annoying beyond belief. I think she has some kind of complex that makes her enjoy starting arguments.
Image
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

User avatar
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan
Posts: 2169
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: Where the wild things are...

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm

you are a ridiculous person. if anyone ever disagrees with you it's not accepting other's opinions. whatever.

i choose to believe what the author says is fact.... personally, i don't think anyone knows the characters better than Stephenie Meyer herself. but if you think you do.... have fun with that.

you have yet to actually respond to a single thing i have EVER said with an opinion or statement that is anything but hostile and actually says anything about the books themselves.... you'd rather call me an idiot.
Image

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

User avatar
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:09 am
Location: Putting the "Longa" into Ars Longa....

Re: Jacob Black

Post by December » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Ok children. I am getting REALLY tired of asking you to stop squabbling on the boards. This is the last time I am going to say this. IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, DON'T SAY IT! I don't care if the other person started it. If this happens again I am locking the thread -- this thread and any other thread where you are carrying on like this! Which is jolly unfair to all the other posters who are trying to have a peaceable discussion. Maybe they can knock some sense into your heads, if I'm not making any headway!
Image
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”

User avatar
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Moving out of Switzerland to join the wolves

Re: Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:57 pm

:lol: guess its time to change topics again. Any ideas?
Image
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D

User avatar
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Surrey BC

Re: Jacob Black

Post by RebeccaCullen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 pm

TeamJacob! wrote::lol: guess its time to change topics again. Any ideas?
What about: if Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have? Or is that too out there?
Image

User avatar
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:09 am
Location: Putting the "Longa" into Ars Longa....

Re: Jacob Black

Post by December » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Besides a super-snarky brand of humour capable of knocking everything flat within a five mile radius?....
Image
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”

User avatar
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Near San Francisco. :) Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Rob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:16 am

RebeccaCullen wrote:
TeamJacob! wrote::lol: guess its time to change topics again. Any ideas?
What about: if Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have? Or is that too out there?
I could see him being either Super Gigantic, or something of a more silly nature. I can't really see him having a very lethal power because of his personality, buy hey, Jane would have seemed plenty harmless to me.
Image
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

Locked