Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black

Post by -veiled- »

I didn't like Jake (until his book in "Breaking Dawn", but I will admit that I got so emotion when Jake showed up to Bella's wedding...it was so sweet. *sniffles*
Beautiful Peacock
Settled in Forks

Post by Beautiful Peacock »

I want to discuss the ridicilous statement "Jacob is a pedophile"

Really? I mean, really?

:lol:

When has he EVER done anything to Renesmee? It's not even sure if he ever WILL do her anything. Atm he's like an older brother to her, not in love with her. He loves her, but not in the romantic way. And if he loves her, he would NEVER do anything against her will. Never doing anything against her will = never rape her/do something to her when she's a child. Maybe he wont ever have sex with her, what do I know? And what's pedophilic about that, huh?

"But he kissed Bella against her will." True, but a person matures and grows, and is able to learn from their mistakes, the same with Jacob. And also, the love he feels now is stronger, he has imprinted. And it's, like I said, not sure he will ever be in love with her since she might remain a child in his eyes, and he might always feel a brotherly love for her. A brother would never kiss his sister, unless mentally retarded which Jacob isn't.

Thank you.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

If Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have? Or is that too out there?
I don't like the idea of Jacob being a vampire :? then he wouldn't be so hot, either in temperature or temper.
But IF he became one... Strengths... Able to annoy a certain blondie even more?
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

RebeccaCullen wrote: What about: if Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have? Or is that too out there?
No its not out there! Pretty darn cool actually.

Hmmm... I think Jacob's special ability would be very similar to Siobhan's (Irish Coven) ability to influence situations to go her way. Since Jacob is the Alpha of the pack, it seems practical. It would be much stronger though, along the lines of deep mind control.

Wingtear I don't like the idea either. No cold marble skin please. I'll stick with the hot and sweaty.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

sarina1113 wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote: What about: if Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have? Or is that too out there?
No its not out there! Pretty darn cool actually.
Why, thank you.

Hm, to answer my own question, I think he would instead of becoming hard and cold he would go in the other direction, be hot and soft. Don't know why, but that's what I see. He wouldn't be like a normal vampire when it comes to his body temperature, but the same in every other aspect; have the super strength, speed, the irresistable scent.

I could also see his human traits heightened. His ability to annoy certain people still there, and his snark.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Beautiful Peacock wrote:I want to discuss the ridicilous statement "Jacob is a pedophile"

Really? I mean, really?

:lol:

When has he EVER done anything to Renesmee? It's not even sure if he ever WILL do her anything. Atm he's like an older brother to her, not in love with her. He loves her, but not in the romantic way. And if he loves her, he would NEVER do anything against her will. Never doing anything against her will = never rape her/do something to her when she's a child. Maybe he wont ever have sex with her, what do I know? And what's pedophilic about that, huh?

"But he kissed Bella against her will." True, but a person matures and grows, and is able to learn from their mistakes, the same with Jacob. And also, the love he feels now is stronger, he has imprinted. And it's, like I said, not sure he will ever be in love with her since she might remain a child in his eyes, and he might always feel a brotherly love for her. A brother would never kiss his sister, unless mentally retarded which Jacob isn't.

Thank you.
Oh, I saw one of those. It's totally ridiculous. :roll: Even pathetic. Jacob has his flaws and he's not my favorite character... but he would NEVER hurt a child like that. But I think the person who said that didn't like the book, so it's trying to make some fun of the book and bash the characters. Well, I don't think pedophilia is the type of the subject to make fun of. And it's a total desrespect for the work of the author of the book. After all, SM is mother of 3 children. I don't think her would write such a thing. It's repulsive.

And, as you stated quite well, Beautiful Peacock, the fact Jacob kissed Bella forcefully kissed her more than once doesn't make him a rapist of a child abuser, for crying aloud! He was trying to make Bella see she did love him too. I'm not saying that he was right or this was the best way. I personally think he was selfish, impulsive and immature when he did it. That, as Bella's friend, he crossed the line. But his intentions were not to cause her harm or to desrespect her in this way. I hate this fanfics where he rapes her. It's a terrible thing to read it.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

You know...there are some subjects it's really not worth discussing here, and this is is one of them. I think most people on this site are in agreement with you. And we've asked those who aren't to do us the courtesy not to air their views here, because this has proved over and over again to be a subject that people can't discuss calmly and in a way that is respectful to the author, the books or the fandom. So I'm going to ask you all if we could move onto some other question before the convo gets heated. If anyone has a burning desire to talk about this question further, please pm me. I'm happy to talk about it with you myself -- or to discuss ways it might be possible to manage a wider conversation on this subject. Or you can of course continue by pm with each othe. But for now I'm going to ask you all to consider the subject closed! Thanks....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

What about: if Jacob could become a vampire and had a super-vampire-power what kinda power would he have?

I was thinking strength but vampires already have that so then i was thinking something along the lines of Jasper power to sense and change emotion because in the book he shows a lot of emotions.

sarina1113- i was kinda thinking about that as well something that influences people cos he is alpha.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

December wrote:You know...there are some subjects it's really not worth discussing here, and this is is one of them. I think most people on this site are in agreement with you. And we've asked those who aren't to do us the courtesy not to air their views here, because this has proved over and over again to be a subject that people can't discuss calmly and in a way that is respectful to the author, the books or the fandom. So I'm going to ask you all if we could move onto some other question before the convo gets heated. If anyone has a burning desire to talk about this question further, please pm me. I'm happy to talk about it with you myself -- or to discuss ways it might be possible to manage a wider conversation on this subject. Or you can of course continue by pm with each othe. But for now I'm going to ask you all to consider the subject closed! Thanks....
Which post is this talking about? The Jacob turning into a vampire?
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Actually I believe she was referring to the "jacob is a pedophile statement"

I know how irksome those statements can be. but honestly, when i see them, i pity the person saying them. they obviously haven't totally comprehended the book and it's characters, and with a book that has so many different characters that are so complex, i feel that that's a big loss. so i just ignore it! :)

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...