Jacob Black

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Locked
User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Wingtear wrote:HE exists! AND was SM's favorite for the part... his name is Steven Strait
OH-EM-GEE. HE IS PERFECT. He is the new Jacob Black to me. lol
Image

User avatar
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Mara Jade Cullen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hmm..I can see what you're trying to say. You got me a little convinced..but your all in all right. It's just that it's a little weird and Jacob is sometimes manupilating..he lied to Bella about the going out to battle thing just so he could have a kiss? Honestly I just think that Edward is better in genaral. Maybe it's just because I love Edward myself. lol And the 1st book really is what made me Team Edward..and then he leaves...which left me devastated..but then he came back. :) It's just that there's something about Edward that I like more..
Don't get me wrong. I'm all Team Edward. I mean...he's EDWARD *sigh* *swoon*
Jacob is definitely playing dirty. But up to that point so was Edward (remember him deliberately discussing their engagement in Jacob's hearing?). Edward has more maturity than poor 16 year-old Jacob, though. And Jacob probably feels that he has to play a little dirty because he's fighting a losing battle.

I heard Steven Strait being proposed by fans as the post-transformation Jacob last night. But I didn't have time to look him up. Thanks for the link. I think he looks great for the part--close enough to Taylor that you could believe it was the same guy--just aged a few years older.
Image
Team Edward

User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hmm..I can see what you're trying to say. You got me a little convinced..but your all in all right. It's just that it's a little weird and Jacob is sometimes manupilating..he lied to Bella about the going out to battle thing just so he could have a kiss? Honestly I just think that Edward is better in genaral. Maybe it's just because I love Edward myself. lol And the 1st book really is what made me Team Edward..and then he leaves...which left me devastated..but then he came back. :) It's just that there's something about Edward that I like more..
Don't get me wrong. I'm all Team Edward. I mean...he's EDWARD *sigh* *swoon*
Jacob is definitely playing dirty. But up to that point so was Edward (remember him deliberately discussing their engagement in Jacob's hearing?). Edward has more maturity than poor 16 year-old Jacob, though. And Jacob probably feels that he has to play a little dirty because he's fighting a losing battle.

I heard Steven Strait being proposed by fans as the post-transformation Jacob last night. But I didn't have time to look him up. Thanks for the link. I think he looks great for the part--close enough to Taylor that you could believe it was the same guy--just aged a few years older.
YEA! He's PERFECTTT. Well Jacob always knew Edward had a better shot though...He shouldn't have even tried..
Image

User avatar
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Moving out of Switzerland to join the wolves

Re: Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hmm..I can see what you're trying to say. You got me a little convinced..but your all in all right. It's just that it's a little weird and Jacob is sometimes manupilating..he lied to Bella about the going out to battle thing just so he could have a kiss? Honestly I just think that Edward is better in genaral. Maybe it's just because I love Edward myself. lol And the 1st book really is what made me Team Edward..and then he leaves...which left me devastated..but then he came back. :) It's just that there's something about Edward that I like more..
Don't get me wrong. I'm all Team Edward. I mean...he's EDWARD *sigh* *swoon*
Jacob is definitely playing dirty. But up to that point so was Edward (remember him deliberately discussing their engagement in Jacob's hearing?). Edward has more maturity than poor 16 year-old Jacob, though. And Jacob probably feels that he has to play a little dirty because he's fighting a losing battle.

I heard Steven Strait being proposed by fans as the post-transformation Jacob last night. But I didn't have time to look him up. Thanks for the link. I think he looks great for the part--close enough to Taylor that you could believe it was the same guy--just aged a few years older.
YEA! He's PERFECTTT. Well Jacob always knew Edward had a better shot though...He shouldn't have even tried..
But that's what makes him Jacob :D ...because he fought for the girl he was in love with he didn't just give up knowing that Edward had way greater advantages. And yeah he played dirty at times but like someone said so did Edward. Don't have my book on me but in eclipse, Edward says something along the lines of ' you'd have a better advantage if you didn't wear you heart on your sleeves all the time'. OK i think i was way off, but you get the gist right?
For me I'm team Jacob cos he is my favorite character but i still love Edward and think him and Bella are meant to be. Jacob not giving up to me just shows how much he really loved Bella.
Image
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D

User avatar
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:34 pm

TeamJacob! wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hmm..I can see what you're trying to say. You got me a little convinced..but your all in all right. It's just that it's a little weird and Jacob is sometimes manupilating..he lied to Bella about the going out to battle thing just so he could have a kiss? Honestly I just think that Edward is better in genaral. Maybe it's just because I love Edward myself. lol And the 1st book really is what made me Team Edward..and then he leaves...which left me devastated..but then he came back. :) It's just that there's something about Edward that I like more..
Don't get me wrong. I'm all Team Edward. I mean...he's EDWARD *sigh* *swoon*
Jacob is definitely playing dirty. But up to that point so was Edward (remember him deliberately discussing their engagement in Jacob's hearing?). Edward has more maturity than poor 16 year-old Jacob, though. And Jacob probably feels that he has to play a little dirty because he's fighting a losing battle.

I heard Steven Strait being proposed by fans as the post-transformation Jacob last night. But I didn't have time to look him up. Thanks for the link. I think he looks great for the part--close enough to Taylor that you could believe it was the same guy--just aged a few years older.
YEA! He's PERFECTTT. Well Jacob always knew Edward had a better shot though...He shouldn't have even tried..
But that's what makes him Jacob :D ...because he fought for the girl he was in love with he didn't just give up knowing that Edward had way greater advantages. And yeah he played dirty at times but like someone said so did Edward. Don't have my book on me but in eclipse, Edward says something along the lines of ' you'd have a better advantage if you didn't wear you heart on your sleeves all the time'. OK i think i was way off, but you get the gist right?
For me I'm team Jacob cos he is my favorite character but i still love Edward and think him and Bella are meant to be. Jacob not giving up to me just shows how much he really loved Bella.
True true...
Image

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: hanging with jacob and my other pup spicey :)

Re: Jacob Black

Post by spicey16 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 pm

i think it will ruin everything if they change the cast now. I love taylor!! and trust me he's a LOT younger than me lol If they change him they might as well just remake the whole movie now that they have more money. and jasper is kinna weird too. but i really really hope they dont change taylor. makeup can do a WHOLE lot for a person lol

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: hanging with jacob and my other pup spicey :)

Re: Jacob Black

Post by spicey16 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 pm

i think it will ruin everything if they change the cast now. I love taylor!! and trust me he's a LOT younger than me lol If they change him they might as well just remake the whole movie now that they have more money. and jasper is kinna weird too. but i really really hope they dont change taylor. makeup can do a WHOLE lot for a person lol

User avatar
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:36 pm
Location: Near San Francisco. :) Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Rob » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 pm

spicey16 wrote:i think it will ruin everything if they change the cast now. I love taylor!! and trust me he's a LOT younger than me lol If they change him they might as well just remake the whole movie now that they have more money. and jasper is kinna weird too. but i really really hope they dont change taylor. makeup can do a WHOLE lot for a person lol
I agree in thinking that changing Taylor would change the movie. I thought he was great for Jacob, they are gonna get him ripped to play his part too, so there's no need to worry about appearance. JASPER IS AWESOME!
Image
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: hanging with jacob and my other pup spicey :)

Re: Jacob Black

Post by spicey16 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Rob wrote:
spicey16 wrote:i think it will ruin everything if they change the cast now. I love taylor!! and trust me he's a LOT younger than me lol If they change him they might as well just remake the whole movie now that they have more money. and jasper is kinna weird too. but i really really hope they dont change taylor. makeup can do a WHOLE lot for a person lol
I agree in thinking that changing Taylor would change the movie. I thought he was great for Jacob, they are gonna get him ripped to play his part too, so there's no need to worry about appearance. JASPER IS AWESOME!
in the book and in theory yes i am t-totally in love with jasper but in the movie... tiny bit weird. but i know its not his fault they all just did what they were told. i love him in interviews

but back to the topic... why are non of jacobs sisters wolves if leah turned out to be one and jacobs family is supposed to be top dog??

User avatar
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Moving out of Switzerland to join the wolves

Re: Jacob Black

Post by TeamJacob! » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:27 am

spicey16 wrote:
Rob wrote:
spicey16 wrote:i think it will ruin everything if they change the cast now. I love taylor!! and trust me he's a LOT younger than me lol If they change him they might as well just remake the whole movie now that they have more money. and jasper is kinna weird too. but i really really hope they dont change taylor. makeup can do a WHOLE lot for a person lol
I agree in thinking that changing Taylor would change the movie. I thought he was great for Jacob, they are gonna get him ripped to play his part too, so there's no need to worry about appearance. JASPER IS AWESOME!
in the book and in theory yes i am t-totally in love with jasper but in the movie... tiny bit weird. but i know its not his fault they all just did what they were told. i love him in interviews

but back to the topic... why are non of jacobs sisters wolves if leah turned out to be one and jacobs family is supposed to be top dog??
Well this is my theory, because the time they lived in LA Push there was no need for werewolves as it was only a recent occurrence. And when all the others changed they were not around(maybe you have to be in that area) so maybe the genes weren't switched on for the or something like that. Because isn't it the presence of Vampires which make them change.
Image
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
Image
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D

Locked