Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
tashi-yoshima
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob Black

Post by tashi-yoshima »

Funny thing is, I'm totally Team Edward, but Jake is my favorite character. I actually can't stand Edward on a few topics (although all around he's a good guy), but I just can't see Bella and Jacob together, even though I think he's the better man... Edward and her were fated for each other. And I'm not just saying that because Jacob imprints on Renesmee and all that... I really thought all the way through that Edward and Bella should and would end up together. It just seemed like they were soulmates, and there was something there that couldn't be ignored.

And on the topic of the kisses, yeah... Jake annoys me a bit because of that. I think he's kind of an a-hole for that first kiss, although I get what he was trying to accomplish. Doesn't make it right though. And I think he's kind of a... how do you say it? Well, he's not pervy, and not a creeper, but he definitely tries a little too hard to be with Bella. It's almost obsessive, but not really that far. I dunno how to put it. :/

But anyways... I love Jacob. He is definitely my favorite character! I just feel so bad for him throughout the series though. It'd be nice if Stephanie wrote a short story about his life with Renesmee when she's older. I felt he got so screwed over up until his imprinting. :'(
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

tashi-yoshima wrote:And on the topic of the kisses, yeah... Jake annoys me a bit because of that. I think he's kind of an a-hole for that first kiss, although I get what he was trying to accomplish. Doesn't make it right though. And I think he's kind of a... how do you say it? Well, he's not pervy, and not a creeper, but he definitely tries a little too hard to be with Bella. It's almost obsessive, but not really that far. I dunno how to put it. :/
I know what your saying, I feel the same way on the subject, He was trying as hard as he could, though he himself, knew it was a losing battle. He was trying so hard to save her life and win her heart at the same time, that he became impudent and insufferable. He deserved the punch, too bad it didn't hurt him, though I laughed more because it didn't!

I really like Jacob, I've read the books quite a few times (as most of us have!) and I learn to relate to the characters on some level everytime I pass through it. I've learned to love Jacob, and understand why he fought the futile battle. Love doesn't give up, even if it is slightly misguided. I'm reading BD again at the moment, and I absolutely love Jacob's book, the sacrafices he makes to protect Bella and the Cullens amaze me a bit more every time I go through it. I'm glad that he became part of that family, even if he was an odd addition. It seems as if he was meant to be a brother the whole time, in some way. Watching him grow accustom to the family, then attached even before Nessie was born always awes me. I love how he respects Carlisle, refuses to offend Esme (I almost cried when he talked about her having dimples and then blushed! and he threatened Edward that he'd better not tell her what he originally planned to do with the food), addresses Alice, rides Rosalie, and even bonds with Edward. When he imprinted on Nessie, He practically adopted himself into the family! I know Billy is his father, but after he's passed on, I see Jacob living a very long, long life with a family he would never have thought himself capable of belonging to.

Sorry for the rambling, I haven't slept in two days and REALLY love his transformation from enemy to family in this part of the book!
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

^oh god, so jacob will be an immortal and he live with the cullens for eternity???
ughh. that's messed up. i was hopping he'd rotten away over time...too bad. oh well. Hopefully SM will write another book and we'll see.

I love your insight though. It's very interesting. It's nice that jacob was able to grow and love the cullens. The sacrafices he made were nice too but i feel SM had a hand in that more than Jacob was willing too. It's too long an explanation so i'll just skip it.
By the end of breaking dawn, he was like you said, he started to love the cullens and he counts them as family and he looks at them as "people" something he didn't believe in before. I suppose he did grow and matured a bit at the end there. well, hopefully it won't be the end. I am willing to pay $30 for a new book sometime soon.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i disagree malaz. i think jacob is very generous and is willing to sacrifice for others and that he's a good guy like that. he can't just sit by and watch people suffer. even you must see that.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

well, i wasn't necessarily meaning that he isn't a generous person. Jacob is a generous person. It's just that breaking dawn was a very messed up book (kind of) it confuses me a lot. I mean, we're talking about Sam. He doesn't even know what the baby will turn out to be, he just makes a quick assumption and is ready to act on it. In that one action that he was about to take he condradicts his whole character completely.

I feel it wasn't Jacob's will (i mean he would have done something regardless) but just that SM was controlling the story very very much at that one point, so jacob's action was more of a device to lead him to love the cullens and to make up the rest of his book, etc. I don't really believe SM when says the characters control themselves, that's just not true.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i disagree malaz. i think jacob is very generous and is willing to sacrifice for others and that he's a good guy like that. he can't just sit by and watch people suffer. even you must see that.
i dont rlly think so. how is he so generous by causing edward just as much pain because he knows edward wont hold back and fight him. jacob defintly has a selfish side.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:i disagree malaz. i think jacob is very generous and is willing to sacrifice for others and that he's a good guy like that. he can't just sit by and watch people suffer. even you must see that.
i dont rlly think so. how is he so generous by causing edward just as much pain because he knows edward wont hold back and fight him. jacob defintly has a selfish side.
oh, well...

I think she was meaning Jacob was generous that he is willing to sacrifice his life or something of that sort to save someone's life. Sort of like what he did with Bella in new moon. He became her friend and he was trying to make her happy. He was generous.

But i agree, Jacob does have a selfish side, it's so evident throughout the the books. I don't think Jacob is one of those completely selfless people but he's not entirely selfish either. I think he has a bit of both, sort of a balanced mix between the two.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Ehh..I guess I just see his selfish side too much. :roll:
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Ehh..I guess I just see his selfish side too much. :roll:
Yeah we get that a lot here...
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!

lol I can tell..