Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Jacob Black

Post by Amethyst1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Yes, I know holdingoutforjacob -You know, I don't believe SM when she said that. In breaking dawn Jacob's imprinting on Nessie was supposed to solve alot of things, it was basically a literary device. But since Forever Dawn didn't include all the "heroic" for lack of better word scenes with Jacob, why would SM even bother to have a side, undeveloped, unknown, flat character imprint on a BIG character. Why? if Forever Dawn was supposed to be the sequel and final chapter in Bella's and Edward's life, what's the point? doesn't make any sense to me and I feel stephenie added that in just because.
"Jacob isn't there at the delivery, naturally, so he imprints on Renesmee a few weeks later when Bella is visiting Charlie." - nope, don't believe it.
Call me insane or stupid or retarded or whatever, but i really just don't believe it.
____
now, if I want to be logical and believe what she said (which i don't. but i'll reply to post anyhow from that percpective)
Well, I said that jacob falling in love with bella meant to lead him to Nessie, right? maybe i am not necessarily right, maybe I am. I think i am right though. Breaking Dawn was based on the plotline of Forever Dawn. If Breaking Dawn exists, that means Forever Dawn doesn't. Do you know what i mean? There's only one fate to the characters, sure there's an alternate fate, but the fate that was chosen became Breaking Dawn, so my theory (from my previous post) is still compatible because alternate fates were not exhibited, therefore do not exist. So if breaking dawn is how the story was supposed to end, then there's no Forever Dawn.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:02 pm

malaz. that's ridiculous. why would she LIE?

you're missing what i am saying. forever dawn IS breaking dawn, but altered only a little. the fates are the SAME. edward and bella are still together. nessie still exists. jacob still imprints on her.

your theory DOESN'T work malaz. because that would have to mean that SM planned to write an entire book that she didn't use and then write four more just for this plot line. which doesn't actually exist.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:11 pm

clearly, it's only ridiculous to you. I've already explained why I think so in the first paragraph of my previous post.

no they aren't. There's a HUGE difference between forever dawn and breaking dawn or at least the difference is huge to me. There's the consequence of Edward leaving that doesn't happen in Forever dawn that basically opens the door for Jacob. The characters are different, well not their personalities, but just different, there's no self-loathing, no irritable actions etc....

I do get what you're saying. What I am saying is that Forever Dawn doesn't exist if Breaking Dawn does. While the deep major plotline does happen IN both that is bella does get pregnant and she gets nessie and edward saves her in time. (keep in mind, i am writing this from the perspective that I DO believe what SM has said), what I am saying is that since Edward does leave and Jacob and Bella fall inlove and that's what IS supposed to happen, my theory is compatible because that means that Jacob fell inlove with bella, all the while his love for her is supposed to lead him to Renesmee. the fates are not entirely the same, no.

If you know, forever dawn was written with the thought that is the sequel to twilight. When SM decided to write new moon, the ending was always supposed to be that Bella and Edward get a child. That's basically what Breaking Dawn centers on. Renesmee and that's basically one of the things (according to her) that she incorporated in breaking dawn.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:12 pm

you are impossible. and you are missing my point entirely.

whatever the differences may be between forever dawn and breaking dawn, two things are constant. bella and edward have nessie, and jacob imprints on her. correct?

so, none of the stuff that happens in new moon and eclipse are really relevant to nessie correct? because jacob was ALWAYS supposed to imprint on her, WHETHER HE WAS IN LOVE WITH BELLA OR NOT. he didn't need his love of bella to imprint on nessie. so the two are clearly UNRELATED.

Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Yeah, just like Bella and Edward was fated together, so was Jacob and Renesme. SM had planned this all along as she was writing the books.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:18 pm

I think what malaz is trying to say.... and i could be totally wrong.... is that jacob didnt really exist in Forever Dawn. at least not like he does in the series we know.. soooo in a sense his fate in forever dawn is different. yes he still gets nessie but in a different less important to the story way,....

In my opinion Forever Dawn is almost backwards from the series we know because okay in FD there is basically no jacob right?? so when he imprints on their daughter THEN all the drama happens btwn the wolves and vamps in stead of edward leaving and it starting that way.... does any of that make sense?? i really dont even know what you all are talking about and im too lazy to read it all but thats my take on it.

bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:06 am

THE GUY WHO PLAYS JACOB BLACK IS SHARKBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! he sings in too.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!

Rob

Post by Rob » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:46 am

malaz wrote:clearly, it's only ridiculous to you. I've already explained why I think so in the first paragraph of my previous post.

no they aren't. There's a HUGE difference between forever dawn and breaking dawn or at least the difference is huge to me. There's the consequence of Edward leaving that doesn't happen in Forever dawn that basically opens the door for Jacob. The characters are different, well not their personalities, but just different, there's no self-loathing, no irritable actions etc....

I do get what you're saying. What I am saying is that Forever Dawn doesn't exist if Breaking Dawn does. While the deep major plotline does happen IN both that is bella does get pregnant and she gets nessie and edward saves her in time. (keep in mind, i am writing this from the perspective that I DO believe what SM has said), what I am saying is that since Edward does leave and Jacob and Bella fall inlove and that's what IS supposed to happen, my theory is compatible because that means that Jacob fell inlove with bella, all the while his love for her is supposed to lead him to Renesmee. the fates are not entirely the same, no.

If you know, forever dawn was written with the thought that is the sequel to twilight. When SM decided to write new moon, the ending was always supposed to be that Bella and Edward get a child. That's basically what Breaking Dawn centers on. Renesmee and that's basically one of the things (according to her) that she incorporated in breaking dawn.
Mod edit

I basically agree with you here other than i do think that there was a reason for Jacob to imprint on nessie even though he was a small character in FD, because it left the door open for a sequel, one with more werewolf involvement. Of course this never happened because FD never happened, and there was a different way to get them into the story, Edwards hiatus from the plotline.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 am

Ichigo Kitty wrote:Yeah, just like Bella and Edward was fated together, so was Jacob and Renesme. SM had planned this all along as she was writing the books.
this is my point exactly. if jacob was fated to be with nessie whether or not he fell in love with bella... why would she make him fall in love with her just cuz of nessie??

malaz i'm still trying to grasp your point. are you saying that because bella was going to have nessie, jacob fell in love with her? that the only reason for jacob and bella's relationship was nessie??

that simply doesn't gel with what SM has done here. i mean, yeah i guess it sorta works. but jacob's whole thing all along has always been that he's the natural path. he's how her life was supposed to be. how does that work if she only fell in love with him, and he with her, because of nessie?

MOD edit:

Moonlit Sunlight

Post by Moonlit Sunlight » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:18 pm

bella+edward4eva wrote:THE GUY WHO PLAYS JACOB BLACK IS SHARKBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! he sings in too.
yeah, he was really young though and not as good looking as he is now.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.