Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

mikkib wrote:So, are the warewolves that much weaker than the vampires? They fight them well but do they need numbers and use speed? They make a big deal about how Edward would kill her in bed but yet, Jake would be fine. This is obvious since they all have kids for generations. Or, maybe they are only strong in their wolf forms?
well, they are certainly stronger than humans but not as strong as vampires when they aren't shifted.

The thing about Edward vs. Jake in bed (ohhh the dirtiness!!! :mrgreen: ) is that if Edward were to lose any sort of control, it could be very very bad, considering he is constantly thirsting for her blood. However, Jake only loses control if he gets very very very distressed emotionally, and that control comes with "age" or how long you've been a wolf. Jake was exceptionally controlled from the beginning, so he's really not even a threat anymore. But if uhh "it" uhm goes well, so to speak, Edward really would lose control, and that's an issue.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I agree with what you are saying, Rebecca Cullen. I would accept those kinds of ways to get Rob into the movie since I'm sure the studio will want to do that. But I don't even want to see him tracking Victoria or anything. We can see that at the end after the Volturi stuff--like on the plane ride home--him remembering what it was like to be in a ball on the floor osome attick in South America rocking back and forth in misery desperately trying to forget BElla.

But the build with Jacob is crucial for the next movie. I just hope that they don't mess it up.

HOFJ: Hmm...Ed vs. Jake in that way. I would have to think that the whole cold thing would have to be really...uncomfortable and unpleasant and warm would be much nicer. But enough of that talk :oops:
Team Edward
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

I don't think they should change the story to add more of Edward in the movie. But, I think they should cut out some of the middle. I know you guys are Jacob fans and want all of the scenes with Jacob. I'll admit I'm an Edward fan, but I don't dislike Jacob. I just thought the middle of NM got really boring and repetitive. I was wondering how long they could possibly work on the bikes because it was getting really old. Bella hanging out on the beach while the wolves patrolled got old, too. I don't think they should cut it all out, but I think they can pick and choose the scenes that were really good and not include ALL of it. One scene I really like was when Jacob, Mike and Bella were going to the movies, Mike made a rude comment about Jake's car not having a stereo and Jake said that it did but Bella didn't like music-that showed that Jacob paid attention to all of the little things that drove Bella and really went out of his way to make her happy, or at least less miserable. Obviously, we have to have Jacob saving Bella from drowning, which is a huge part of the movie.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Should somebody PM? I will.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

eclipserox wrote:I don't think they should change the story to add more of Edward in the movie. But, I think they should cut out some of the middle. I know you guys are Jacob fans and want all of the scenes with Jacob. I'll admit I'm an Edward fan, but I don't dislike Jacob. I just thought the middle of NM got really boring and repetitive. I was wondering how long they could possibly work on the bikes because it was getting really old. Bella hanging out on the beach while the wolves patrolled got old, too. I don't think they should cut it all out, but I think they can pick and choose the scenes that were really good and not include ALL of it. One scene I really like was when Jacob, Mike and Bella were going to the movies, Mike made a rude comment about Jake's car not having a stereo and Jake said that it did but Bella didn't like music-that showed that Jacob paid attention to all of the little things that drove Bella and really went out of his way to make her happy, or at least less miserable. Obviously, we have to have Jacob saving Bella from drowning, which is a huge part of the movie.
i don't think they need to show every single scene with Jacob either, but they do need to show enough that we get what's going on, that we get the buildup and the feeling. that's a huge part of the movie. obviously it will move faster on screen than in the book.

Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

new moon is going to be extremely boring - i am definitely not up for the whole 1st pov movie thing, where the movie follows just bella and what she's up to.
Personally i am more stoked for the voltri

as for the bella/jacob relationship - it's going to be screwed. if rosenburing is writing the script - she didnt capture bella's and edward's which was so crucial in twilight. i am not holding my breath for any relationship growth.

and not to mention that new moon will look like a total cliché with bella going catatonic - even though it was melodramatic in the book, it's going to be double the melodrama since in twilight their relationship was not developed enough.
i think the only relationship she got right was the humans with bella and charlie and bella.

anyways. i am stoked for new moon either way since Chris is directing it and i love chris, and of coarse hoping ben barnes is our Aro or Johnny Depp which is unlikely, whatever though, and of coarse Robert - and i am hoping that taylor can do a very good job since i wasn't impressed with his acting in twilight. he's exactly how i imagined jacob but his acting...oh well.

hm...at least there's more jackson rathbone/jasper - yum and emmett...whoo
DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

eclipserox wrote:I don't think they should change the story to add more of Edward in the movie. But, I think they should cut out some of the middle. I know you guys are Jacob fans and want all of the scenes with Jacob. I'll admit I'm an Edward fan, but I don't dislike Jacob. I just thought the middle of NM got really boring and repetitive. I was wondering how long they could possibly work on the bikes because it was getting really old. Bella hanging out on the beach while the wolves patrolled got old, too. I don't think they should cut it all out, but I think they can pick and choose the scenes that were really good and not include ALL of it. One scene I really like was when Jacob, Mike and Bella were going to the movies, Mike made a rude comment about Jake's car not having a stereo and Jake said that it did but Bella didn't like music-that showed that Jacob paid attention to all of the little things that drove Bella and really went out of his way to make her happy, or at least less miserable. Obviously, we have to have Jacob saving Bella from drowning, which is a huge part of the movie.
I didn't find New Moon boring in the least :) Its my favorite book...Though Eclipse is a VERY close second! Obviously though for the movie, some scenes are going to get cut. But like HOFJ said, I hope they have enough Jacob and Bella scenes so that the audience won't be flabbergasted when Bella realizes she's in love with Jacob in Eclipse..
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

Really? I loved Twilight, but NM really dragged on for me. I was really sick of Bella moping around and Bella and Jacob doing the same old thing all the time. I was waiting for something, anything to happen. Ideally, I wanted Edward to come back, but it would have kept me more interested in Jacob and Bella had become romantically involved instead of staying friends. I keep reading that you have to read NM twice to really enjoy it, though, and I've only read it once. I don't own the book, but I'm considering buying it so I can re-read it and see if I like it better the 2nd time. Eclipse is obviously my favorite ; )
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Eclipse is 100% and without a doubt my favorite, even though i want to smack all the characters except charlie, billy, and jacob (most of the time) during it. It was just definitely the most well-written. Twilight comes next even though there's not much jake, because bella is tolerable then. and then new moon, i just think it's so sad because jacob is doing so much for her and she is so ungrateful and self-centered and then she just forgives edward and turns her back on jacob without so much as an i'm sorry or an explanation. grrr.

DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

eclipserox wrote:Really? I loved Twilight, but NM really dragged on for me. I was really sick of Bella moping around and Bella and Jacob doing the same old thing all the time. I was waiting for something, anything to happen. Ideally, I wanted Edward to come back, but it would have kept me more interested in Jacob and Bella had become romantically involved instead of staying friends. I keep reading that you have to read NM twice to really enjoy it, though, and I've only read it once. I don't own the book, but I'm considering buying it so I can re-read it and see if I like it better the 2nd time. Eclipse is obviously my favorite ; )
Well I loved NM the first time through.. And I never felt like things dragged on with Bella and Jacob's friendship. I found all their time together fascinating.. Thats why I like Bella and Jacob together more than Edward and Bella.. I feel like Edward and Bella moments drag on.. Their moments are repetitive, IMO. The most boring part in all the books for me is Bella and Edward's honeymoon.. :roll:

And I agree with you, HOFJ.. New Moon is TERRIBLY sad.. Bella was annoying as could be. And she did toss Jacob aside when he had done SO much for her.. Ugh, if Bella were real and I had the chance to meet her, I think I'd punch her :o :twisted: