Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Emily Young

Post by suzzeeQ »

TM:
I want to know what is the whole story behind Sam scratching Emily? What made him loose control to change that close to her that it ruined her face?

Steph:
That's something I may write up eventually. The conversation involved Leah, and Emily's opinion of Sam as a cheating slime. She was putting on a front, though. A large part of her antagonism came from the fact that she was ridiculously attracted to Sam and feeling guilty as sin about it. The line that pushed him over the edge was something close to, "I will never, never, never like you, love you, or even respect you as a person. Go to hell." But probably meaner.

http://twilightmoms.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 3a4da23f12
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

That is very interesting. I have never read that before. I love it when SM gives background insight into things that happened in the books. That puts a whole new dimension to the Sam/Emily relationship.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

Thanks for finding that quote from SM, suzeeQ! :) That totally makes sense to me. And I hope she writes more about the love triangle between Sam/Emily/Leah.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Angelvamp wrote:holdingoutforjacob - As usual, you've made some good points. I didn't even think about the imprinting securing Sam's feelings about her, good call. But even though she will always be beautiful to him, do you really think her scars don't matter to him? Yes, he imprinted but I can't help but feel that he is under a mountain of guilt everyday when he sees what he did to her. Or maybe since she forgave him, he forgave himself? And I may be over estimating the severity but, from the way it was described, one whole side of her face was scarred and her mouth is deformed by them. Enough for Bella to take a step back, and she's a pro at weird. ;)
Haha, she's a pro at weird-but-good-looking! :lol:

Well, I tend to envision them as like, a swipe of wolf claws.... so four long parallel lines (or maybe five... how many toes do wolves have?). So, in that way, they could reach her mouth and possibly disfigure it, and yet still not be gruesome.

BTW, Angelvamp, we are movie signature twins!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Haha, she's a pro at weird-but-good-looking! :lol:

Well, I tend to envision them as like, a swipe of wolf claws.... so four long parallel lines (or maybe five... how many toes do wolves have?). So, in that way, they could reach her mouth and possibly disfigure it, and yet still not be gruesome.

BTW, Angelvamp, we are movie signature twins!
:lol: Yeah, it's funny how good looks make people overlook some... shall we say... idiosyncrasies? :lol:

I wonder how they're going to depict the scars in the movie. I have the feeling they will probably go towards more gruesome than less, just for shock value instead of accuracy.

We are movie signature twins, hey! :) Only your quote is much more romantic and uplifting.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Hahaha agreed!

Yeah, they probably will make them worse than they necessarily are for "dramatic effect." I"m not entirely thrilled at the prospect. Although this is coming from the girl who, when Edward sparkled in the movie, said aloud "Dude he just looks sweaty. Gross."

I never did picture them as gruesome though. Disfiguring, maybe. You?

Your part of the movie is much more fun though!

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Although this is coming from the girl who, when Edward sparkled in the movie, said aloud "Dude he just looks sweaty. Gross."
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...wait...can't...stop...laughing...

Ok, you are totally right on about that. I was REALLY disappointed with ILM on that one. I mean, come on! These are the people who brought us dinosaurs in Jurassic Park and really disgusting bugs and gore in Starship Troopers, among other movies. And that's the best they can do?!? Unfortunately, I saw the movie first and then read the books. I can only imagine how incredibly disappointing that scene was for everyone who read the books first.

But back to Emily. I did picture them as fairly gruesome, they're only a few years old right? I didn't think of them as tiny little lines running down her face. More like big, thick scar tissue. But in reality, it probably wouldn't be that bad. You probably have a better view on that than I do. We talked about this before, I think your experience with this particular issue trumps mine.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

All true, but you're right in that they are larger than the realm of my experience and also fairly new. She also probably did not go to Doctor Cullen. However, as long as she got proper medical care, they should fade over time, until they are merely lines on her face that may be slightly depressed and/or raised and a little bit discolored.

Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Well, that is assuming that she didn't have any muscle or nerve damage. It is possible that she didn't just get scratched, but got hit too. Maybe even concussed. We really don't know the extent of her injuries, which makes speculation a little more difficult. I wonder if her injuries will be established in the movie and if that will change my current views. What do you think? How big an impact will the movie have on your current views of the character?
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

New question time! :D

Do Emily's parents know the truth about what happened to her face? Do they fully support her marriage to Sam, with or without that knowledge?