Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Emily Young

Post by Pendragon »

una wrote:Guys, we are drifting from the topic of a character discussion on Emily. Please feel free to move this discussion to the Pack thread on the Quench Your Thirst forum which would be a GREAT place to discuss this.

To get this back on track, how do you feel the impact of the secrets have had on Emily? Do you feel that the tribe would treat her differently if they all knew the truth? Does Emily knowing the truth help her to be kind to Leah even though Leah may treat her poorly (I'm sure as long as Sam doesn't know). Considering Sam's status in the tribe, I find it hard to believe that Emily wouldn't be treated with anything but respect, even though Sam broke off his engagement with Leah to be with Emily. But I'm sure the gossip flowed.
I think for Emily it was probably to take a lot in at first. Knowing the truth about why Sam really fell for her and dumped Leah couldn't have made things easier between them. She probably felt even worse and would try her best to reconcile with Leah. Dispte Sam's status, it was still bound to happen that Emily would have to deal with gossip, even secret disgust from some who do not know the full story of the Sam/Emily/Leah love triangle.
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

una wrote:Guys, we are drifting from the topic of a character discussion on Emily. Please feel free to move this discussion to the Pack thread on the Quench Your Thirst forum which would be a GREAT place to discuss this.

To get this back on track, how do you feel the impact of the secrets have had on Emily? Do you feel that the tribe would treat her differently if they all knew the truth? Does Emily knowing the truth help her to be kind to Leah even though Leah may treat her poorly (I'm sure as long as Sam doesn't know). Considering Sam's status in the tribe, I find it hard to believe that Emily wouldn't be treated with anything but respect, even though Sam broke off his engagement with Leah to be with Emily. But I'm sure the gossip flowed.
:lol: Yes, I am currently employed at Tangents-R-Us. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, una. :)

I think it must've been hard on Emily to know that Sam imprinted on her and didn't just fall in love the usual way. It's kind of like he was forced into it instead of choosing consciously. If I were in her shoes that'd be pretty hard to take, especially since Leah was involved. Actually, I think Leah blames Sam more than she blames Emily.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:

:lol: Yes, I am currently employed at Tangents-R-Us. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, una. :)

I think it must've been hard on Emily to know that Sam imprinted on her and didn't just fall in love the usual way. It's kind of like he was forced into it instead of choosing consciously. If I were in her shoes that'd be pretty hard to take, especially since Leah was involved. Actually, I think Leah blames Sam more than she blames Emily.

I agree, while Emily too had a hand in the betrayal, she tries to make up for it while Sam isn't making life any easier for Leah. I don't know how Emily accepted Sam knowing about imprinting. I would feel very skeptical about it. I mean your right, he was forced into loving her. I wouldn't want anyone to fall in love with me if they were forced into it
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

I'm curious, how do you think Emily is trying to make up for it, Pendragon? As far as the books go, I haven't read of Emily talking to or having any kind of contact with Leah at all. They were together (Leah & Emily) at the story telling in Eclipse, I would have thought that if there were to be a confrontation, it would have happened then. IMO, it has gone much farther than that, considering that Leah is a wolf and Emily is not.

Hmm, that makes me wonder about something else. Since Emily knows that Leah is now a wolf and has complete access to Sam's thoughts, is she jealous at all? I mean, this is something that Leah now shares with Sam that Emily can never share. How do you think this may impact Sam and Emily's relationship?
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:I'm curious, how do you think Emily is trying to make up for it, Pendragon? As far as the books go, I haven't read of Emily talking to or having any kind of contact with Leah at all. They were together (Leah & Emily) at the story telling in Eclipse, I would have thought that if there were to be a confrontation, it would have happened then. IMO, it has gone much farther than that, considering that Leah is a wolf and Emily is not.

Hmm, that makes me wonder about something else. Since Emily knows that Leah is now a wolf and has complete access to Sam's thoughts, is she jealous at all? I mean, this is something that Leah now shares with Sam that Emily can never share. How do you think this may impact Sam and Emily's relationship?
Well I assumed that asking Leah to be her bride'smaid is one of her ways of trying to make it up to Leah in her own way (of couse I don't believe it comes anywhere close to making up for all the heartache.)

That is a very interesting question you gave Angelvamp. I think that there is a very small, insignifcant part deep down in Emily's heart that is jealous of Leah because of the fact that Sam loved Leah by choice. If we can assume that Leah does not talk much to Emily about her experiences about being a wolf and being in Sam's head, I think we can say that she is a tiny bit jealous of Leah in that aspect. Assuming of course she doesn't know how much hell it is for Leah. Or another thing is that she could know how bad it is for Leah, but still can't help it and wish she could have access to Sam's head.
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

I forgot about Leah being a bridesmaid, you're right. But that doesn't seem to be the best way to try to make anything up to Leah, IMO. In fact, a lot of people think it's downright rude to even have asked. I guess we would have to know her true motive in order to interpret that one and it doesn't seem like we ever will. Too bad. :(

I think you're right on about Emily being envious of the fact Sam loved Leah by choice. I know if it were me, I would feel a little uneasy about the whole imprinting vs normal love thing. In fact, I would wager that Emily was jealous of Leah and Sam even before the whole wolf thing even happened. Though, I guess actions speak louder than words, huh? There's no question that Sam is completely devoted to Emily and would do anything for her. I don't think she questions that now. Though it is strange, I think Leah and Emily are still jealous of the other's relationship with Sam, but are trying to work it out.

What bugs me the most is that Sam seems to want to just ignore the whole thing instead of trying to work it out. He should have set the example as an Alpha and perhaps tried to talk with Leah privately. It seems that although he is the cause of the whole mess, he's leaving it up to the two women to work out. Doesn't seem fair to me.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i thought emily was soooooo sweet. does she count as the pack? if so, she my fave, hands down!! i feel kinda bad about her scar, but she's so strong to not run away or freak out after it. i think her and sam make such a sweet couple! :D
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Angelvamp wrote:Hmm, that makes me wonder about something else. Since Emily knows that Leah is now a wolf and has complete access to Sam's thoughts, is she jealous at all? I mean, this is something that Leah now shares with Sam that Emily can never share. How do you think this may impact Sam and Emily's relationship?
I never thought of that before! I think that must be really hard on Emily, especially since she probably already thinks about the whole "Sam loved Leah by choice" thing all the time. Yeah that's definately made me see Emily in a different light now, I feel quite sorry for her now. Although I imagine that Sam would tell Emily most things now, if she asked, so maybe she doesn't have anything to worry about? Hmm.
Angelvamp wrote:What bugs me the most is that Sam seems to want to just ignore the whole thing instead of trying to work it out. He should have set the example as an Alpha and perhaps tried to talk with Leah privately. It seems that although he is the cause of the whole mess, he's leaving it up to the two women to work out. Doesn't seem fair to me.
Yeah that bugs me too. In fact, Sam kind of bugs me! But I guess that rant is for a different thread! ;)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

Jazzy'sgirl112108 wrote:i thought emily was soooooo sweet. does she count as the pack? if so, she my fave, hands down!! i feel kinda bad about her scar, but she's so strong to not run away or freak out after it. i think her and sam make such a sweet couple! :D
IDK if she is technically part of the pack, but I count her. She's like the werewolf Esme. And as bad as I feel for Leah, I love her and Sam together.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
iloveshineeKEY
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveshineeKEY »

But imprinting doesn't actually make the imprintee fall in love with the wolf, does it? Like, do we know if Emily liked Sam at all before he imprinted? Because if not, I really don't like her that much. She saw how he completely ruined her cousin's life, he mauled up her face, and she still wants to be with him?