Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Emmett Cullen

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

I know his story? :P
I just meant that, his is basically 'he got mauled by a bear.'
Where is the actual story!!??!?!? Why was he there in the first place?!?!??!?!

[ps thankies to whoever linked me SM's webbie :D I love that story...I've read it before....JUST I don't think it's really enough :P ]
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Last edited by ringswraith on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

ringswraith wrote:
Emmett_Pwnz_All wrote:I know his story? :P
Why is that a question?

Sorry, thought you hadn't read that (on SM's website). Knowing Emmett he was probably doing it "for fun."

LOL oh sorry that was a type-o :D

Nooo isht fine :D I hasn't read it in a vhile.
...But there had to be a reason...I think. Emmett loves life and he is really random, but he does stuff for reasons I'm sure.
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Heck with that, I just want his Jeep...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

At first glance I think Emmett and Rose are the perfect example of the popular blond beauty and the jock. Why do they ever attract each other? Who knows.

But on another level their are some very deep binding connections. Like you've all mentioned - he sees her as his angle and she sees him as the life she was denied. I think that what it came down to was that Emmett was the first man who was able to give Rosalie what she wanted while still managing to stand up to her and be his own person at the same time. I think she doesn't want to be controlled, but she wants someone strong at the same time. And Emmett, I think, wants the beauty but he wants the brains, too.

And then lastly, it MUST be true love. No man would go through multiple weddings if he didn't really love the woman. So does it matter why he loves her?

Maybe that's a new debate topic. Does it really matter why any of these characters love each other? Who can explain the why of romance? Some times it makes no sense at all and still works out just fine. But I'll stop now because I'm rambling and getting way off topic.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Alphie wrote:At first glance I think Emmett and Rose are the perfect example of the popular blond beauty and the jock. Why do they ever attract each other? Who knows.

But on another level their are some very deep binding connections. Like you've all mentioned - he sees her as his angle and she sees him as the life she was denied. I think that what it came down to was that Emmett was the first man who was able to give Rosalie what she wanted while still managing to stand up to her and be his own person at the same time. I think she doesn't want to be controlled, but she wants someone strong at the same time. And Emmett, I think, wants the beauty but he wants the brains, too.

And then lastly, it MUST be true love. No man would go through multiple weddings if he didn't really love the woman. So does it matter why he loves her?

Maybe that's a new debate topic. Does it really matter why any of these characters love each other? Who can explain the why of romance? Some times it makes no sense at all and still works out just fine. But I'll stop now because I'm rambling and getting way off topic.
Oh yah, no way would anyone put up with the mood swings of Rosalie with out being totally in love with her. In this case love is chemical, like combustion. I like to think like E&B Emmet and Rosalie where fated to be together. Besides anyone who can not three house off their foundation must have something going, Right? :oops:

Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

HA! Lordy, I wasn't going to go there, but since you went for it it can't be ignored. Even though I'm sure he loves her and she loves him... I'm also sure that what keeps both of them going in their nocturnal activities. And I don't mean hunting. Hehehe...
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i agree that there has to be love between the two of them now, but what interests me is what in Emmett made Rosalie feel the need to save and change him, putting herself in pain to do so, specially as he normal MO is self first. did she change him because of his innocence or was it something deeper then that, more primal?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Alphie wrote:HA! Lordy, I wasn't going to go there, but since you went for it it can't be ignored. Even though I'm sure he loves her and she loves him... I'm also sure that what keeps both of them going in their nocturnal activities. And I don't mean hunting. Hehehe...
wonder how many tree have been uprutted and those claw marks are from the local Grizzely bear now are they? :o Hunting indeed....

The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Landiana wrote:i agree that there has to be love between the two of them now, but what interests me is what in Emmett made Rosalie feel the need to save and change him, putting herself in pain to do so, specially as he normal MO is self first. did she change him because of his innocence or was it something deeper then that, more primal?
From what I recall of Emmett's stroy it was his looks. He reminded her of the boy from her friend when she was human. That was what caught her eye at first, the next part of the relationship is still a mystery to me...