Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
beautymarkd14
Settled in Forks

Re: Irina

Post by beautymarkd14 »

I think that Irina was good at heart. she was trying to the right thing. I think why she went to the Volturi right away is because immortal children was the reason her mother was killed. she probably didn't think it was fair to let someone get away with it and she probably wanted to do it quick so no harm was done. (the crazy blood-thirst and all)
also, speaking of getting to know her more, I am writing a fan fiction about when she travels to the Cullen coven to talk but sees Renesmee instead. most of the time she is going to be running through the wilderness, so readers will be able to see her thoughts. I'm going to give her a more clear past and try to make her as alive as Bella and the Cullens seem to me.
and does anyone know Irina's mother's name. right now I'm lending my copy of Breaking Dawn to a friend, so I don't know if its even in there, but it would be great if someone knew. also any other information will be taken graciously, because since I don't have the book, I can't make sure that I'm not changing anything Stephenie has already written about her.
~xox Jocey~ Team Edward all the way!

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

poor Irina. i mean it's true that she should have talked to the cullens about nessie before she went to the volturi. but honestly, can you blame her? i mean, her mate is dead because of the wolves. her mother is dead because of an immortal child. then she sees what she thinks is an immortal child playing with a wolf??? come on. how do you deal with that???

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:poor Irina. i mean it's true that she should have talked to the cullens about nessie before she went to the volturi. but honestly, can you blame her? i mean, her mate is dead because of the wolves. her mother is dead because of an immortal child. then she sees what she thinks is an immortal child playing with a wolf??? come on. how do you deal with that???
I agree! :cry:
I wish she'd lived.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Mrs.EdwardCullen wrote:I never really liked Irina. Especially after she went and told the Volturi about Renesmee. She could have saved the Cullens all that trouble and looked Renesmee over. But NOOO she had to go and hold a grudge against Bella and the wolves because of Laurent. She went and blabbered on about it to the Volturi. But in the end, I felt bad for her how she died. Stupid Caius. :evil:
i don't really like irina either, but the volturi would still have attacked the cullens they were just waiting for an excuse.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Mrs.EdwardCullen wrote:I never really liked Irina. Especially after she went and told the Volturi about Renesmee. She could have saved the Cullens all that trouble and looked Renesmee over. But NOOO she had to go and hold a grudge against Bella and the wolves because of Laurent. She went and blabbered on about it to the Volturi. But in the end, I felt bad for her how she died. Stupid Caius. :evil:
Maybe you should put yourself in Irina's shoes. Or maybe you should put yourself in Bella's shoes and then put Irina's shoes on over them. Hahah :lol:

If the werewolves had killed Edward— or even JASPER, because he actually tried to kill Bella— Alice would hold a grudge. Alice might even try to kill herself, because she's obsessed— in love with— Jasper.

If Edward had been killed by the werewolves, Bella would have killed herself, no doubt. If she did not kill herself, because she might be as strong as brave-Irina, she would hold a grudge like no other.

Irina had finally fallen in love after HUNDREDS of years of no mate and then he had been killed all because he tried to harm a stupid human? (I'm putting myself in her shoes)

I think she was justified. It doesn't mean her actions were good, and she definitely got a lot more than she deserved for them— that death was unnecessary, in my opinion— but she had a reason.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

Amivera wrote:
Maybe you should put yourself in Irina's shoes. Or maybe you should put yourself in Bella's shoes and then put Irina's shoes on over them. Hahah :lol:

If the werewolves had killed Edward— or even JASPER, because he actually tried to kill Bella— Alice would hold a grudge. Alice might even try to kill herself, because she's obsessed— in love with— Jasper.

If Edward had been killed by the werewolves, Bella would have killed herself, no doubt. If she did not kill herself, because she might be as strong as brave-Irina, she would hold a grudge like no other.

Irina had finally fallen in love after HUNDREDS of years of no mate and then he had been killed all because he tried to harm a stupid human? (I'm putting myself in her shoes)

I think she was justified. It doesn't mean her actions were good, and she definitely got a lot more than she deserved for them— that death was unnecessary, in my opinion— but she had a reason.

Wow i would have to say i agree with you Amivera!

Yes i was upset with Irina at the time mostly cause i was like "Oh My God What Did You D0?"

But i understand where whe was coming from. I mean she was upset and it can cloud ones judgement . Plus i mean the Immortal Children were something to fear so it isn't her fault that she thought Renesmee was one.

Plus she was killed at the end which wasn't fair to her.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I feel sad for Irina. She lost her mother, her mate and her friends (meaning the Cullens). I'm sure she felt betrayed by the Cullens for siding with the wolves when they killed Laurent and then to see them with what she believes to be an Immortal Child...

A better course of action would have been to confront the Cullens or at least return to her sisters and discuss it with them. But she was highly emotional so she wasn't thinking clearly.

As soon as the Volturi called her out, I knew what was coming. She didn't deserve to die but it was the only logical thing for the Volturi to do.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

how was it logical??? she didn't do anything WRONG wrong, she just misunderstood!

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I guess I should have explained further. I don't mean logical from our perspective but from the Volturi's. It was the next step for the Volturi to try to swing things back in their favor. Killing Irina, in their eyes, would likely incite the Denali clan and possibly the Cullens to attack which would give the Volturi an excuse for wiping them out.

It was a maneuver I expected from them, but I'm not saying it was right.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

ohh i see ok i get it. my bad.