Page 22 of 101

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:51 pm
by Stupidshinyvolvowner
E&BForever wrote:
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:I agree. I think Edward does regret the period of time that he hunted humans, and I do believe that he things there is nothing he can every do to atone for it. But I think most of Edward's monster complex comes from the fact that he is always craving human blood. He thinks that the moment he is not being careful, he will give into that monster side of himself. I think one of the reasons that Edward is able to lighten up a little on himself throughout the series is because he IS able to not drink Bella's blood. And I think it gets easier and easier for him to not think about that side of himself. He manages to control the monster. Does that make sense?
ITA. I think that probably is true. He can't help it that he always craves human blood.(I've seen it in other vampire stories.Human blood pretty much ALWAYS sends a vampire into a frenzy.) I just wonder what made Bella's blood smell so appealing to vampires? I don't think Edward would have ever forgiven himself if he'd hurt Bella.
Chantell
Oh definitely not. He would never have been able to live with himself if he'd hurt Bella. He would have either gone crazy with pain or gone to the Volturi again. Personally, I think Bella was created for Edward. He would never have noticed her if she was a "normal" human. I think her smell and her silent mind were but in her specifically to attract Edward's attention. Those two things forced him to focus on her and notice her and then fall in love with her.

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 pm
by E&BForever
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:
E&BForever wrote:
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:I agree. I think Edward does regret the period of time that he hunted humans, and I do believe that he things there is nothing he can every do to atone for it. But I think most of Edward's monster complex comes from the fact that he is always craving human blood. He thinks that the moment he is not being careful, he will give into that monster side of himself. I think one of the reasons that Edward is able to lighten up a little on himself throughout the series is because he IS able to not drink Bella's blood. And I think it gets easier and easier for him to not think about that side of himself. He manages to control the monster. Does that make sense?
ITA. I think that probably is true. He can't help it that he always craves human blood.(I've seen it in other vampire stories.Human blood pretty much ALWAYS sends a vampire into a frenzy.) I just wonder what made Bella's blood smell so appealing to vampires? I don't think Edward would have ever forgiven himself if he'd hurt Bella.
Chantell
Oh definitely not. He would never have been able to live with himself if he'd hurt Bella. He would have either gone crazy with pain or gone to the Volturi again. Personally, I think Bella was created for Edward. He would never have noticed her if she was a "normal" human. I think her smell and her silent mind were but in her specifically to attract Edward's attention. Those two things forced him to focus on her and notice her and then fall in love with her.
ITA! I think you are probably right! Edward NEVER would be able to forgive himself. And I think that Bella was DEFINTLY made for Edward.
Chantell

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 pm
by MelEponine
edward4ever wrote:
MelEponine wrote: .... I think his monster complex comes mostly from regret for his actions- for the murders he committed, warranted or not.
I disagree with everyone on this point I think. You're not the first one to state this.

I truly believe that Edward's Monster Complex comes, not from the murders he's commited or any vampire fights he's been in, BUT from how disgusted he is with himself that he even HAS a taste for human blood and has to war with himself NOT to drink it!!
Remember, he has Carlisle up on a Pedestal because he has never taken a human life (except when he turned all of them, but they were dying anyway)! Edward thinks Carlisle is god-like in the fact that he can work around bleeding humans and not even seem to think about their blood! Edward has seen into his head and knows that Carlisle truly has no problems or feelings of wanting to suck on someone's neck, and that makes Edward feel horrible because even after 80 years, he still craves it. He even refers to that side of him as "the monster" in MS.
Yes, okay. I think you're right. But I'm sure knowing the murders he committed just makes it ten-fold. Though, I'm not convinced that Carlisle has no temptations.

He is SUCH an interesting character. He seems simple at first, on the surface- the perfect boy. But when you dig into him, there's so much there. Bravo, SM!!
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote: Personally, I think Bella was created for Edward. He would never have noticed her if she was a "normal" human. I think her smell and her silent mind were but in her specifically to attract Edward's attention. Those two things forced him to focus on her and notice her and then fall in love with her.
Probably my favorite passage from MS is on page 217 when Edward describes just that.
"...the angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way that I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to enflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe. Leave out the natural sense of self-preservation—so that Bella could bear to be near me-and, finally, add a wide streak of appallingly bad luck."
Ah!!! I love it!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:52 pm
by E&BForever
MelEponine wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
MelEponine wrote: .... I think his monster complex comes mostly from regret for his actions- for the murders he committed, warranted or not.
I disagree with everyone on this point I think. You're not the first one to state this.

I truly believe that Edward's Monster Complex comes, not from the murders he's commited or any vampire fights he's been in, BUT from how disgusted he is with himself that he even HAS a taste for human blood and has to war with himself NOT to drink it!!
Remember, he has Carlisle up on a Pedestal because he has never taken a human life (except when he turned all of them, but they were dying anyway)! Edward thinks Carlisle is god-like in the fact that he can work around bleeding humans and not even seem to think about their blood! Edward has seen into his head and knows that Carlisle truly has no problems or feelings of wanting to suck on someone's neck, and that makes Edward feel horrible because even after 80 years, he still craves it. He even refers to that side of him as "the monster" in MS.
Yes, okay. I think you're right. But I'm sure knowing the murders he committed just makes it ten-fold. Though, I'm not convinced that Carlisle has no temptations.

He is SUCH an interesting character. He seems simple at first, on the surface- the perfect boy. But when you dig into him, there's so much there. Bravo, SM!!
So true! He looks sooooo perfect. But he has faults just like everyone else! :D
Chantell
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote: Personally, I think Bella was created for Edward. He would never have noticed her if she was a "normal" human. I think her smell and her silent mind were but in her specifically to attract Edward's attention. Those two things forced him to focus on her and notice her and then fall in love with her.
Probably my favorite Why are we talking about a donkey? from MS is on page 217 when Edward describes just that.
"...the angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way that I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to enflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe. Leave out the natural sense of self-preservation—so that Bella could bear to be near me-and, finally, add a wide streak of appallingly bad luck."
Ah!!! I love it!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:14 pm
by edwardaddict17
malaz wrote:
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:YAY a new thread. So I believe that we left off talking about how to overcome our Edward obsession. Not quite sure that is possible anytime in the near future.

oh yes, agreed. sort of next to impossible. impossible for me.

oh yeah, i think Edward enjoys kissing bella. ALOT too. i mean, we're talking about vampires here and all their emotions are very intense. haha.
well lets just say. i don't mind if edward kills me in the proccess. it's heaven on earth. (omg my rank is "caught sight of Edward" 'bout time i did.)
^^^^
what do you mean by rank???...is there like a video game or something...i probly sound stupid and its something on the site but i just registered five minutes ago..haha!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 pm
by edwardaddict17
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote:I think the fact that Edward is 107 yes looks 17 is the reason why women of all ages are falling all over themselves for him :D
EXACTLY! we all love edward so much because he is so mature and is from a different time where men were gentlemen and sweet and really loved their wives....how do you think edward would have turned out if he was born in the 1980's and wasn't a vampire...I think he would still be absolutely amazing but there would definitley be a difference....and would bella fall in love with that edward?...in my mind yes because there love is so powerful that she would but would it be on the same level of depth in the beiging? it would probably take her a little while to get to that point...and jacob would be an even bigger temptation...thank god edward was born in 1901...or we would not have the same magnitude of obsession!!!!! lets just thank stephenie for the edward she had given us!!!!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:03 pm
by Stupidshinyvolvowner
MelEponine--Yes, there are some absolutely beautiful lines in MS. That is exactly the scene I was thinking of. I wish Edward knew that at that moment in time, he was totally correct in his thinking. He does deserve happiness and he does deserve something good to happen.

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 am
by Amethyst1
MelEponine wrote: Probably my favorite passage from MS is on page 217 when Edward describes just that.
"...the angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way that I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to enflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe. Leave out the natural sense of self-preservation—so that Bella could bear to be near me-and, finally, add a wide streak of appallingly bad luck."
Ah!!! I love it!
I love this too. it's so beautiful of wording. He is so poetic and deep.
I am rereading midnight sun, i haven't come upon this yet.
edwardaddict17 wrote: ^^^^
what do you mean by rank???...is there like a video game or something...i probly sound stupid and its something on the site but i just registered five minutes ago..haha!
The rank under my name on the right side, above my avatar. righ now it says "lured by the scent" :D :D

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm
by navarre
MelEponine wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
MelEponine wrote: .... I think his monster complex comes mostly from regret for his actions- for the murders he committed, warranted or not.
I disagree with everyone on this point I think. You're not the first one to state this.

I truly believe that Edward's Monster Complex comes, not from the murders he's commited or any vampire fights he's been in, BUT from how disgusted he is with himself that he even HAS a taste for human blood and has to war with himself NOT to drink it!!
Remember, he has Carlisle up on a Pedestal because he has never taken a human life (except when he turned all of them, but they were dying anyway)! Edward thinks Carlisle is god-like in the fact that he can work around bleeding humans and not even seem to think about their blood! Edward has seen into his head and knows that Carlisle truly has no problems or feelings of wanting to suck on someone's neck, and that makes Edward feel horrible because even after 80 years, he still craves it. He even refers to that side of him as "the monster" in MS.
Yes, okay. I think you're right. But I'm sure knowing the murders he committed just makes it ten-fold. Though, I'm not convinced that Carlisle has no temptations.

He is SUCH an interesting character. He seems simple at first, on the surface- the perfect boy. But when you dig into him, there's so much there. Bravo, SM!!
Stupidshinyvolvowner wrote: Personally, I think Bella was created for Edward. He would never have noticed her if she was a "normal" human. I think her smell and her silent mind were but in her specifically to attract Edward's attention. Those two things forced him to focus on her and notice her and then fall in love with her.
Probably my favorite passage from MS is on page 217 when Edward describes just that.
"...the angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way that I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to enflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe. Leave out the natural sense of self-preservation—so that Bella could bear to be near me-and, finally, add a wide streak of appallingly bad luck."
Ah!!! I love it!
What a beautiful example, I had forgotten about that part. W-O-W!!! He saw everything in her that he truly, deeply loved. I also, agree with you Stupidshinyvolvowner - Bella and Edward were made for each other, no debate there for me.

I mean look at what he observed in Bella, that is a true, encompassing love and depth of thought & feeling.
He is so beautiful to me - a great fictional character. :)

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 pm
by Stupidshinyvolvowner
navarre wrote:
What a beautiful example, I had forgotten about that part. W-O-W!!! He saw everything in her that he truly, deeply loved. I also, agree with you Stupidshinyvolvowner - Bella and Edward were made for each other, no debate there for me.

I mean look at what he observed in Bella, that is a true, encompassing love and depth of thought & feeling.
He is so beautiful to me - a great fictional character. :)
Edward is a great fictional character. He is beautiful inside and out. And he's so complex, has so many different layers. I love it, it is so fascinating to peal back each layer and discover more and more about him.