Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by chowzinha »

Yeah, I would definitely want to read Esme's POV during Bella's pregnancy!

She just suddenly became one of the characters that I'm most fond of!
She's not only sweet, but understanding and all the qualities of a good mom just makes me want to understand more and more about her.

All the times that she is mentioned by Bella, or when Bella is describing what she sees when she looks at Esme, I really want to know what on Esme'e mind.
If SM would describe Esme's POV on all the different events of the book, it would most definitely be just as breath taking as the Twilight saga and Midnight Sun.

I can really see myself feeling Esme, just as I did with Bella when I read the saga, and now with Edward in Midnight Sun.
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

After I read Midnight Sun she became one of my favorite characters.
She is so sweet, lovely and her whole heart is filled with love.

When Edward was reading her thoughts when he cared about Bella, she was so sweet. I love her now.

She isn't my favorite, but I know I like her more than Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper or Carlisle. Love Esme more than I love Jake.
Well, I love Jasper's talent and he's a nice guy, but I prefer Esme. And Carlisle, he is so nice and patient. I love him too, but I think I love Esme more. Love them all in different ways, though.

Esme became one of my five favorites. :]
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

I know it's not a stephanie meyer book, but i read a fan fic called 'after you're mine' by Chel. the way she portrays Esme is so lovely that Stephanie meyer could have written it herself.
her interpretation of Jasper rocks as well, and she sort of switched Bella and Rose's personalities.

in fact, lets just all go and read that fan fic. *goes off to read 'after you're mine' *
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Could you post the link to the fanfic please?
Thanks
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

yeah, no problem.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4753793/14/Until_Youre_Mine

i think it's a few chapters in so you might have to scroll back :D

enjoy (it rocks)

oh and a word of advice - keep an open mind.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I always thought Esme was one of the least well-developed characters. She was kind of there to be motherly and be Carlisle's partner and that's... it. I didn't feel like she stood very well on her own. Jasper, Carlisle, Emmett & Rosalie all had very strong individual qualities but Esme never really stood out to me. What helped me get to know characters like Jaspter & Rosalie was to hear their stories. We got to hear a bit of Esme's story in Twilight, but not enough to really get to know her, I think.
roseaurora wrote:What part of the Saga would you like to read from Esme's POV? Why?
I would love to hear Esme's POV when Edward goes to the Volturi & right after he came back. It was the most volatile emotion she seemed to have during the entire series.

And, like others have said, during Breaking Dawn as well.

Image Image Image
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Hey guys. I am working on a short story, and am having major problems with finding the right characters. If you have any suggestions PM me. :D
ImageImageImage
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

roseaurora wrote:What part of the Saga would you like to read from Esme's POV? Why?
you know I've never really thought about this. But I think she is one character that it would be cool to read any/all of the books from her pov. I've always loved her even though we don't get to know her as well as I would like (and after reading dark high noon I love her even more) she is just an awesome, loving, caring, wonderful person. If I had to pick just one.......... probably NM to get to see what's going on w/the Cullens and how she acts when Edward decides to leave & how he was in pain & she was probably in pain too seeing her son go through that & loosing the 1 person he loves in the world & made him the happiest. And then of course when she finds out Edward's plan for Italy.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I was rereading Midnight Sun and came across the part at page 143 where the five siblings come home and go to their various pursuits, Edward to the piano, Alice to her computer monitors, etc. It's mentioned that Esme is upstairs at her desk "humming over a new set of blueprints." This is after the realization that Edward is falling in love with Bella and she will eventually become a member of the family (though Edward would not prefer that). And the thought popped into my mind, what if Esme has some insight that Edward and Bella will go on to develop their relationship, get married, and she has the idea to start on the plans for their cottage way back then, somehow thinking or knowing that's the way it will turn out?
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

Esme is awesomeness. simple as.

she's so sweet and gentle and caring, she understands how to make you feel better, the right thing to say. but at the same time she's also really fragile and emotional compared to the other cullens. she's my idol, an absolute star. :D
Image Image