Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Moonlit Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Esme Cullen

Post by Moonlit Sunlight »

cascsiany wrote:
trisha86 wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:i just think that esme has such a big history, (abusing husband, running away from said husband, etc) and i would have liked to maybe see more about that. i don't know if im explaining this right. maybe if that past had come up more and had something to do with that story. i just think that with that past, something should come into play.
Where did you find the info about Esme's life. All I remember reading in the books that she jumped off a cliff after her child died then carlisle changed her. did she know carlisle before she was changed? does anyone know her birthday? the day she was changed?
you can find out all sorts of information on the cullens in the PC. She did meet Carlilse once when she was 16, she was married. It doesn't say her birthdate or the date she was changed just general years.
Wait!!!! i did now know this!!! now i have to go look it up.. but i need the site... i did now know that she had an abusing husband that is like wow new... and she met carlisle once when she was 16???? i need to go look.
What a lucky duck! Wish he'd give me a hickey!
"LIfe sucks, and then you die." Jacob Black
Sponser of DBJ & Co. Donating Blood To Jasper & Co.
Moonlit Sunlight

Zoltan wrote:It's hard to imagine Emse killing someone.
Agreed. I mean i can imagine Esme killing someone to protect her family, or someone she loved but to just kill i can't see that...
teamedward9420
Settled in Forks

Post by teamedward9420 »

Esme just might be one of my favorite characters. She is soo mommy vampire to all the Cullens, Bella, and even the werewolves. I wish we could hear more of her story about jumping off the cliff and how she felt about Renesmee.
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

No offence intended against her, but i really don't think she was that intersting as a character and i didn't really mind that she wasn't as prominent as the other CUllens, who are way more intriguing to read about.
Some of you have mentioned her part in Bella's pregnancy (the fact that she sided against Carlisle and with Bella and Rose) and ulterior motives she may have had. I think it says something else about her character though, i think that she operates on faith rather than statistics like Carlisle and Edward do. I actually think that she sided with Bella becasue she believed that so many unlikely things had happened already, she thought that BElla was likely to survive the pregnancy. Also, she jumped off a cliff and survived thanks to vamp-venom so maybe she thought that if it could repair her, it would work for Bella too. I guess she's a sweet person, but too boring if u ask me.....i would have liked her to have a darker side, an edgier side. :twisted:
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ We don't get to see a lot of Esme so maybe that's why you think she's boring.
I don't think that Esme sided with Bella and Rosalie because she thought that Bella had gone through a lot and survived everything. She had a baby herself and he died, so she knows exactly the feeling Bella was having and she knew that no matter what Bella would still want her child, even if it killed her. And she also knew the huge pain Bella would be in if the baby was killed. Esme being the good person she is she would never want Bella to be in the same situation she was, and what made her want to kill herself.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
cullens_love

Post by cullens_love »

I think Esme is the sweetest person ever!!
I woul love to have her as MIL. I loved it when Bella asked her in Twilight at the Baseball game if she didn`t think that she (bella) was all wrong for edward and she answered "no, you are what he want it`ll work out somehow" that is so sweet.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
Moonlit Sunlight

cullens_love wrote:I think Esme is the sweetest person ever!!
I woul love to have her as MIL. I loved it when Bella asked her in Twilight at the Baseball game if she didn`t think that she (bella) was all wrong for edward and she answered "no, you are what he want it`ll work out somehow" that is so sweet.
i know she's so sweet and always worrying about her family.... i really love her and having her as a MIL would be awsome!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

ShortStuff_<3 wrote:No offence intended against her, but i really don't think she was that intersting as a character and i didn't really mind that she wasn't as prominent as the other CUllens, who are way more intriguing to read about.
Some of you have mentioned her part in Bella's pregnancy (the fact that she sided against Carlisle and with Bella and Rose) and ulterior motives she may have had. I think it says something else about her character though, i think that she operates on faith rather than statistics like Carlisle and Edward do. I actually think that she sided with Bella becasue she believed that so many unlikely things had happened already, she thought that BElla was likely to survive the pregnancy. Also, she jumped off a cliff and survived thanks to vamp-venom so maybe she thought that if it could repair her, it would work for Bella too. I guess she's a sweet person, but too boring if u ask me.....i would have liked her to have a darker side, an edgier side. :twisted:
Have you read her background story? It's so interesting!
And I like my good characters. Most characters need to have some sort of flaw, but I like it when a few are just darn right good through and through like Esme and Carlisle. They make me happy.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

shes the best mother like figure toward edward and the other cullens and bella shes a great mother in law toward her :)
cullens_love

Post by cullens_love »

where can I find Esmes background information. Thanks in advance.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW