Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Benjamin and Tia

Post by Isobelle »

Jasper<3 wrote:I have a question. Couldn't Benjamin just of burnt everybody in the Volturi to a crisp if he needed to?
Yeah! Or why didn't he do anything about Irina and her getting set on fire. Whats up with that? :)
Anna
Settled in Forks

Post by Anna »

Isobelle wrote:
Jasper<3 wrote:I have a question. Couldn't Benjamin just of burnt everybody in the Volturi to a crisp if he needed to?
Yeah! Or why didn't he do anything about Irina and her getting set on fire. Whats up with that? :)
Oh my freaking god, I never saw that! Thank you, for opening my eyes a bit xD

I think though, that Benjamin can't make elements just appear. He can't just burn someone. He can raise geysers from water, because there already is some, he can shake the Earth because of techtonic plates, but for fire you need a spark. Maybe if there was a torch near by...but then again I think they'd be able to escape before Benjamin did anything.

As to why he didn't save Irina...well first of all she was blocked from view. Second, the fire that Cauis used was sort of like a lighter right? I don't think Benjamin's power can stop something man-made...and third even if he got the flames to "retreat" it wouldn't be fast enough to save Irina.

Bah, this is confusing xD
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Anna wrote:
Isobelle wrote:
Oh my freaking god, I never saw that! Thank you, for opening my eyes a bit xD

I think though, that Benjamin can't make elements just appear. He can't just burn someone. He can raise geysers from water, because there already is some, he can shake the Earth because of techtonic plates, but for fire you need a spark. Maybe if there was a torch near by...but then again I think they'd be able to escape before Benjamin did anything.

As to why he didn't save Irina...well first of all she was blocked from view. Second, the fire that Cauis used was sort of like a lighter right? I don't think Benjamin's power can stop something man-made...and third even if he got the flames to "retreat" it wouldn't be fast enough to save Irina.

Bah, this is confusing xD
Thanks! That helps alot!
List, Gnat ♥
StarAngelBayBee7
Settled in Forks

Post by StarAngelBayBee7 »

Benjamin:
...Maybe in Benjamin's human life he was an Avatar, which is why Amun knew he'd have that speical gift! :lol:
Okay, just kidding. I don't really know or can't really think of anything that made Amun knew Benjamin would be speical.

But I have this small theory that maybe when Benjamin was human, he could sense when a fire was near or when an earthquake was coming or something like that. I remember one of my middle school teachers saying that she felt an earthquake was coming and it did, so maybe Benjamin was the same. And since Amun knew that, he knew Benjamin's would have a greater chance at a special power and that power would have something to do with the natural elements.:roll: Or maybe not. Like I said before, it's a small theory!

Tia:
I like the name Tia so I was biasis to like her when I first saw her name in the back of the book (yeah I looked there even before I actually started to read Breaking Dawn. I tend to like spoilers). I was sad that she didn't get much of a role in the book though! Although, I did love on how she and Benjamin said their goodbye because it seemed so pure/innocent (I can't find a better word... maybe chaste) and cute.

But what I'm wondering is how old Tia looks. Bella said that Benjamin and Tia were the youngest of the Egyptian coven and that Benjamin looks no older then a boy (page 609) so how old is Tia?
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt,” -- Charles M. Schulz

...That is the quote to live by
carmabelle
Settled in Forks

Post by carmabelle »

i thought that Benjamin 's power is amazing , i wich i could do that lol, anyway he reminds me of Seth but in vampire way. the way they both sticks up for things and would leave thier coven or pack for the thing that are RIGHT!!!!
B.DaL
Settled in Forks

Post by B.DaL »

carmabelle wrote:i thought that Benjamin 's power is amazing , i wich i could do that lol, anyway he reminds me of Seth but in vampire way. the way they both sticks up for things and would leave thier coven or pack for the thing that are RIGHT!!!!
Yea I was thinking the same thing! Benjamin totally reminds of Seth! Maybe its cause they're both pretty young and also so positive, carefree and optimistic about everything.
*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* »

I think Tia is one of my favorite character's in BD.
For many reasons but I will share the main one. My name is Tia. I started sqealling when I say the name. It was amazing to see it.

I'm in a book!
Okay sorry I like it

But Benjamin is also cool. I really like his power with the elements. Even if he reminded me of the avatar.

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I love both of them. Benjamin reminds me a little bit of Seth <3 =) Benjamins power is one of my favorites
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
ILY_ED_4EVA
Settled in Forks

Post by ILY_ED_4EVA »

I love benjemin's powers!!! Controlling nature would be so awsome!!!
If i could be a vampire and choose my powers I would have benjemin's :P
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I think that Benjamin can only control/manipulate the elements around him - not create. As far as saving Irina, her death happened so quickly nobody had a chance to react in a timely manner.

I loved Benjamin and Tia, they made a neat couple and he had a sense of fun and adventure about him that I think really made him a hit with the reat of the vampires - especially Edward and Garrett.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict