Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Re: Benjamin and Tia

Post by everlong »

I really really like Benjamin
his power was so awesome, not my favourite, but very powerful.

Maybe in his past life he was more a "hippy" type.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

LOL I can so see Benjamin in the full rainbow outfit hugging trees. And standing up for what he believes.

I barely remember Tia from the book. :roll:
Anna wrote:
Isobelle wrote:
Jasper<3 wrote:I have a question. Couldn't Benjamin just of burnt everybody in the Volturi to a crisp if he needed to?
Yeah! Or why didn't he do anything about Irina and her getting set on fire. Whats up with that? :)
Oh my freaking god, I never saw that! Thank you, for opening my eyes a bit xD

I think though, that Benjamin can't make elements just appear. He can't just burn someone. He can raise geysers from water, because there already is some, he can shake the Earth because of techtonic plates, but for fire you need a spark. Maybe if there was a torch near by...but then again I think they'd be able to escape before Benjamin did anything.

As to why he didn't save Irina...well first of all she was blocked from view. Second, the fire that Cauis used was sort of like a lighter right? I don't think Benjamin's power can stop something man-made...and third even if he got the flames to "retreat" it wouldn't be fast enough to save Irina.

Bah, this is confusing xD
Didn't someone say in the book that he was still discovering his powers or something? Maybe he wasn't skilled enough yet to act so fast.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Gia Pattinson♥
Settled in Forks

Post by Gia Pattinson♥ »

I thought it was funny when Benjamin said something like

"Yes, Carlisle poked a fight with the Volturi, endangering his whole family, just to lure me here to my death"
Image Image Image
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

What impressed me most about Benjamin (even more than his incredible powers) was how self-assured he was. I loved watching the interaction between Benjamin and Amun. Unlike Edward and Carlisle, I get the feeling that there isn't the same degree of mutual respect or love. Amun deliberately created Benjamin, so does that mean that Amun hunted him, or ended his life before his time? Benjamin doesn't seem resentful towards Amun, but he doesn't have that "father-admiration" like attitude towards Amun either. After all, he was willing to leave Amun's coven to help out the Cullens. Benjamin knows he's a "hot commodity" but he doesn't let it get to his head. I wonder if Tia is the reason why Benjamin stays with the Egyptian coven - looks like he could do just fine if he was on his own.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Gia Pattinson♥
Settled in Forks

Post by Gia Pattinson♥ »

Hmm... Probably :)
Image Image Image
Jack
Learning to Love Green
Location: 3-1-14-1-4-1.... That's right... tis' Shneaky indeed...

Post by Jack »

LadyDi wrote:What impressed me most about Benjamin (even more than his incredible powers) was how self-assured he was. I loved watching the interaction between Benjamin and Amun. Unlike Edward and Carlisle, I get the feeling that there isn't the same degree of mutual respect or love. Amun deliberately created Benjamin, so does that mean that Amun hunted him, or ended his life before his time? Benjamin doesn't seem resentful towards Amun, but he doesn't have that "father-admiration" like attitude towards Amun either. After all, he was willing to leave Amun's coven to help out the Cullens. Benjamin knows he's a "hot commodity" but he doesn't let it get to his head. I wonder if Tia is the reason why Benjamin stays with the Egyptian coven - looks like he could do just fine if he was on his own.
I think that it wasn't so much that he didn't respect Amun, more that he knew that Amun didn't respect him. It seemed to me that Amun really only cared about Benjamin's abilities rather than Benjamin himself and would have cared less whether Benjamin was a part of the coven or not except that he wanted Benjamin's powers. If Benjamin hadn't had powers Amun would have just left him with the Cullens without a fight.
I think Benjamin might have stayed with Amun more from a lack of anywhere better to go, and also because he is loyal, but will do whatever is Right above any loyalty he may have.
Also, as to why he didn't save Irina, i think it happened to fast for him to do anything, as well, he can control the elements once they are there. So he probably could have only caused the fire to spread, or eventually smother out, but not disappear. As well, he was still learning how to control his abilities, so it would have been difficult to respond to Irina's burning
*Jack*
"Hear The Sound, The Angels Come Screaming Down..." - MCR
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC Inc.- Emmett's Demolition Company
melmargaret
Wandering Through Town

Post by melmargaret »

I think that Benjamin was close to the elements in his human life. I'm against the theory that he could manipulate elements before he was a vampire. I think he has the essence of nature. He acts on his own will just like nature does. He probably lived in a very rural area when he was human and had the opportunity to connect with the elements around him. Just a thought.

Tia was really quiet so I didn't get to fall in love with her character. No comment on her.
melmargaret.