Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

garret is really cool... like a modern daredevil who is a vampire hahah
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Garrett

Post by akire »

I think Garrett is the most interesting of the secondary characters in Breaking Dawn! Talk about a guy who has all kinds of personality! I cared more about Garrett than about *gasp* any of the Volturi. Also, he sounds kind of like a hottie (ya know, even more than a normal hottie vampire). ;)

Image Image Image
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

Even as a securely straight man, Garrett is my second-favorite character, after the utterly amazing Alice!!! His whole character (other than the feeding on humans part) is what I think men should strive to be, intelligent, brave, thoughtful, and it doesn't hurt that women think he's easy to look at.

His comment to Aro was perfect, something like: "Rebelling against what? Are you my king now?" Talk about brave. Plus his every interaction with Kate. Whoo, I gotta admit, a little impressive and discouraging. How will my wife ever find me romantic after reading that?!?!

BTW, I'm in the process of writing a fanfic about Garrett, from his role in the Revolution, to his changing, to his meeting Kate. I'll let you know when I get somewhere.

Daniel Cullen.
Kyrie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Kyrie »

daniel.cullen wrote:Even as a securely straight man, Garrett is my second-favorite character, after the utterly amazing Alice!!! His whole character (other than the feeding on humans part) is what I think men should strive to be, intelligent, brave, thoughtful, and it doesn't hurt that women think he's easy to look at.
Glad I'm not the only one seeing it this way (also from a securely straight male perspective, for the record).

He's a great character, despite his relatively small part. He's obviously got some depth of personality, but turns out easygoing - well, as easygoing as vampires get - and instantly likeable rather than brooding and "complex". I'd love to see more of him, be it fanfics or otherwise.
The Sword and the Cross - fanfic in progress.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Garrett is a fun character. I wish we got to see him more & get to know him better. His whole speech to the Volutri was great and I loved how he called the Cullens a family because that's what they are. He just cracked me up and I his line about following Kate anywhere was of course great. It sounds like he's lived an interesting life and it would be fascinating to learn more about him. Maybe in the big guide book that's supposed to be published (when I have no idea) we'll get more info. I think there's supposed to be biographies in it & that would be cool.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

Garret is my favorite char, 2nd only to Alice. He just has a striking personality that makes you want to know more about him.
Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Wow. That's all I can say.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

Kyrie wrote:
daniel.cullen wrote:Even as a securely straight man, Garrett is my second-favorite character, after the utterly amazing Alice!!! His whole character (other than the feeding on humans part) is what I think men should strive to be, intelligent, brave, thoughtful, and it doesn't hurt that women think he's easy to look at.
Glad I'm not the only one seeing it this way (also from a securely straight male perspective, for the record).

He's a great character, despite his relatively small part. He's obviously got some depth of personality, but turns out easygoing - well, as easygoing as vampires get - and instantly likeable rather than brooding and "complex". I'd love to see more of him, be it fanfics or otherwise.
the comments about be securly straight cracked me up! i love garrett's character because of the strength of mind he had to be able to say straight up to the big bad (as i like to refer to Aro) in front of an angry hoarde that they were all talking bull. i also agree about the instantly likeable part - you'd much rather be with a guy who can make you laugh than one who is brooding all the time!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

Pel wrote:I have to say, talk about a character that had me at hello! I was totally on the Garrett bandwagon with "I'll follow you anywhere".

Plus he was talking to Kate about the vegetarian lifestyle. we know from Jasper it's a very hard thing to switch.
i totally agree!! i think his speech to aro was very intriging also. the era he lived in has obvisously influenced him a lot. i definetly think him and kate would go great together.
i always liked garrett, dont know why!
Betting on Alice.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I always pictured Sam Elliot whenever I read about Garrett. If he were younger, he'd be perfect for the role. Tall, gangly, definately a nomad, almost eager for the standoff, and has quite a bit of sex appeal, (in my opinion). I like that he fell in with Kate as soon as he showed up. It made him seem more willing to become part of the "family". His personality shows that he has a strong background and his experiences are diverse, but he seems more down to earth than the rest of them...
Wonder who they'll cast for him...
Grayce