Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Victoria

Post by amie »

YourFavoriteAries wrote:And her ability is so...interesting.
Able to evade death, that's how Edward described it I think. Almost the opposite of a tracker. I wonder what made her that way.....
That's an interesting thought... Edward says there's a theory that gifts we have as humans are intensified as vampires - so Alice always got visions in a way, Edward was always particularly intuitive... so Victoria was always getting out of trouble? Then how'd she become a vampire to begin with? :lol:

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say James was her Edward, but I certainly understand her motivations.

I like her, actually - not like "me and her are totally BFF!" but I find her to be an intriguing character, and I could have happily heard much more from her.
Rob

Post by Rob »

amie wrote:
Able to evade death, that's how Edward described it I think. Almost the opposite of a tracker. I wonder what made her that way.....
That's an interesting thought... Edward says there's a theory that gifts we have as humans are intensified as vampires - so Alice always got visions in a way, Edward was always particularly intuitive... so Victoria was always getting out of trouble? Then how'd she become a vampire to begin with? :lol:

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say James was her Edward, but I certainly understand her motivations.

I like her, actually - not like "me and her are totally BFF!" but I find her to be an intriguing character, and I could have happily heard much more from her.
Maybe her power was not profound until she became a vampire like Ed's. Ill bet she was a GREAT liar.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

Rob wrote:
amie wrote:

Maybe her power was not profound until she became a vampire like Ed's. Ill bet she was a GREAT liar.
:lol: :lol:
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
YourFavoriteAries

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Destani wrote:Victoria is the ultimate woman scorned. She is willing to go to any length to avenge her lost love, including creating an army of newborns that she surely knows is against the rules and could have her executed. I think it didn't matter to her if she died in the end as long as Bella went down first. She was sort of on a suicide mission at that point.
She really wasn't on a Suicide mission at all. Her second, well both acctually, of her assaults on Bella were extremely well planed out.

She probably would have gotten her, no offense to Jake and the Pack, if her spidey senses hadn't told her to skedaddle when she caught Alice's sent.

And the entire newborn army. There was literally no connection to her besides Riley and Riley was, unknowingly, on a suicide mission. She didn't count on the wolves joining the Cullen's and that's what foiled her plan but imagine if...

But she's extremely fierce, powerful, and smart and I love that.
Rob wrote:
amie wrote:

:lol: :lol:

That could definitely be it. She knew exactly what to do and say to get out of danger. Wouldn't be surprised if she somehow convinced James to change her?

I would be BFF's with her. I can't see her as being a bad person if she's not on an assassination mission. She reminds me allot of Rosalie....

They are both portrayed as antagonistically because the book is in Bella's prospective but Victoria is avenging Love and Rosalie is (well, was) trying to save Bella from her own "stupid" decision. I'm not even sure if that makes sense in text...getting late.
bite_me wrote:And whoever called her Vicky . . . that so doesn't fit!
I disagree.

1. Vicky is a natural nickname for Victoria for when I'm too lazy to type it out.
2. It has the same exact fierce spice as her full name. It's kinda scary and may even generate a little bit of dislike.
3. After "hearing" her speak in Eclipse all I can think is Mean Girls and I think the nickname Vicky screams Mean Girls to me.

:lol:
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

I used to hate Victoria, but now I sort of admire her. I mean, she went to extreme lenghts for revenge her dead lover, James. She even risked her life. It's something Edward probably would have done too for Bella, but he would have wanted to kill both of them instead, James and then Victoria, not just Victoria.
rosaliebellafan
Settled in Forks

Post by rosaliebellafan »

I too actually quite admire her. Girl got guts. That's for sure. At the same time, I really feel bad for her. With James gone and to think of the fact that James doesn't regard her the same way as she does him when they were still together, as implied by Edward in Eclipse. :cry:
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

iamthevampiregirl wrote:I used to hate Victoria, but now I sort of admire her. I mean, she went to extreme lenghts for revenge her dead lover, James. She even risked her life. It's something Edward probably would have done too for Bella, but he would have wanted to kill both of them instead, James and then Victoria, not just Victoria.
Meh. I guess she must of felt a lot for James. It mustve ran further than casual sex buddies. Anyways, Victorias reasoning is weird "Oh, Edward killed James, so instead of killing Edward, I should kill Bella."
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jonsgirljen »

Cookies wrote:Meh. I guess she must of felt a lot for James. It mustve ran further than casual sex buddies. Anyways, Victorias reasoning is weird "Oh, Edward killed James, so instead of killing Edward, I should kill Bella."
I think that her reasoning makes a lot of sense because she's getting even with Edward. Instead of killing him for killing James, she's going to kill Bella so that he has to live with the same pain that he has made her live with. Don't get me wrong, I love Edward and Bella, but I can see Victoria's motive for her plan.
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

I have a ? It said in the back of Breaking Dawn it says that victoria and james had a super power, I can't figure out what there powers were.
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

VICTORIA IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!