Click for Forum Rules
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Siobhan and Liam

Post by BreathelessVampire »

samajama wrote:
BreathelessVampire wrote:Well, I imagined Siobhan as those Viking size women
:lol: I just LOLed at "viking size."

I have mad love for Siobhan (I am aware that I just used the phrase "mad love." I'm a little ashamed.)

Hahah. But don't you think so? Do you have a better word to describe her? I am kinda loss for words.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I was kind of annoyed at the end of BD because everyone was obsessing over Bella, and they were going on about "we won the non-fight because of Bella . . ." "We would have died if we didn't have Bella . . . " "Omg, thankyou Bella . . ."

But if Siobhan's gift is real and she used it, wouldn't things have turned out fine whether Bella had that gift or not??
I didn't see anyone congratulate HER!

Okay, rant over now. :)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Leoni
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Leoni »

Siobhan is definately a brilliant character. The way she is described made me think of larger, very chaismatic women who carry their weight in a regal manner. Like Emme Aronson, Chaka Khan and Queen Latifah. No apologies for going against the boring ideas of beauty - lets not forget Aphrodite was a plus size Goddess! :D
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken

E<3B

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Leoni wrote:Siobhan is definately a brilliant character. The way she is described made me think of larger, very chaismatic women who carry their weight in a regal manner. Like Emme Aronson, Chaka Khan and Queen Latifah. No apologies for going against the boring ideas of beauty - lets not forget Aphrodite was a plus size Goddess! :D
Excellent descriptions, Leoni! I, too, was thinking that she was very regal in her gait and stance. Her presence seemed like it was glorious in just her mass and the way she carried herself. Definitely a woman who was very comfortable with herself - very self-assured.

Also, I like how she brought little Maggie into her coven. It seems she really has a maternal side to her.

Siobhan, Liam & Maggie make a great coven/family together. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Leoni wrote:Siobhan is definately a brilliant character. The way she is described made me think of larger, very chaismatic women who carry their weight in a regal manner. Like Emme Aronson, Chaka Khan and Queen Latifah. No apologies for going against the boring ideas of beauty - lets not forget Aphrodite was a plus size Goddess! :D
That's how she looks in my head!
Itdoesntmatter
Wandering Through Town

Post by Itdoesntmatter »

umm, I dont really picture her like Queen Latifa or Chaka, I think she more tall and broad. Dont forget, Bella is only 5'4, so shes gona seem pretty big to her. I think she is one of those women who have this immense presence about them, and carry themselve very elegantly. She is deffinatly one of my favourite characters, and I love her talent, such a luck-of-the-Irish kinda thing!
Oh and Liam, I love how hes a typical Irish man, "the quiet man" and I have to give steph credit for picking those names, very beautiful!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back since 1901

Team Jasper: Theres nothing like a shot of Southern Comfort
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

Siobhan was (I think) one of the most powerful minor people in the entire series. I really loved the fact that she had such a subtle power that even she didn't really believe in. I kind of wonder if the fight helped her realize her potential. I think that it was partially her subtle gift that allowed Bella to overcome her limitations with her power at the critical time. And I agree with you guys, it was very refreshing to see a larger woman portrayed as a lovely vampire. It totally doesn't fit the usual idea of beauty.

The fact that she's a bigger gal really adds to her likability, for me anyway. I'm short and thin but it was really really wonderful that SM decided that a big girl would be just as lovely as Esme or any other vampire. And along those same lines it was also nice that SM thought to include a shorter version of vampire in Alice. I liked that one alot. The vampires in this story seem so much more REAL than in almost any other novel. Having so many different races and sizes made it really easy to relate. I love it.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I do think her talent to effect the outcome of things is quite awesome...
Like a talent out of Xanth, I'm not sure who has it, but this girl had the talent that if someone else had an idea, if she believed it it came true...
Anyway, very awesome talent
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

The person from Xanth you're thinking of is Ida Human, princess Ivy's twin sister...

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

thanx sweetie...
I couldn't remember.
Isn't she the one with the moon around her head?
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp