Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by roseaurora »

I absolutely would love to read Carlisle's POV for BD, mostly the stuff following Renesmee's birth.

He is so calm and collected, but his family is facing a serious threat. I would love to know what his thoughts were as he learned of the Alice's vision, while he was trying to hunt down his friends to help, and especially during the confrontation with Aro in the meadow.

I hadn't actually thought of his POV for NM, but I agree that knowing what he thought and how he reacted to Edward's decision to leave Bella and when he learns of Edward's plan in Italy.

And though it wasn't actually in the Saga.. I would love to know what his time with the Volturi was like.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Kachiti wrote: However, I rather he had his own book.
I wish we had a prequel . . . his life with the Voltri early on, and then changing Edward and Esme and later Rosalie . . . or even the very beginning, when he was changed and how he developed the idea to feed only from animals. Except this story is far too boring for SM. I'd rather read his story over a Renesmee book. While I love Renesmee, I think I am ready for a book without much romance.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

amethyst wrote:
I wish we had a prequel . . . his life with the Voltri early on, and then changing Edward and Esme and later Rosalie . . . or even the very beginning, when he was changed and how he developed the idea to feed only from animals. Except this story is far too boring for SM. I'd rather read his story over a Renesmee book. While I love Renesmee, I think I am ready for a book without much romance.
Too boring, what's make you think it would be too boring? Did SM write or say that?
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Yes she said that. She said a prequel is not interesting enough for her :cry: . . . I wish she would reconsider. What part of Voltri, Carlisle . . . Carlisle is too boring for her?
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

amethyst wrote:Yes she said that. She said a prequel is not interesting enough for her :cry: . . . I wish she would reconsider. What part of Voltri, Carlisle . . . Carlisle is too boring for her?
That's too bad, his story sounds more exciting then the rest put together.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

roseaurora wrote:I absolutely would love to read Carlisle's POV for BD, mostly the stuff following Renesmee's birth.

He is so calm and collected, but his family is facing a serious threat. I would love to know what his thoughts were as he learned of the Alice's vision, while he was trying to hunt down his friends to help, and especially during the confrontation with Aro in the meadow.

I hadn't actually thought of his POV for NM, but I agree that knowing what he thought and how he reacted to Edward's decision to leave Bella and when he learns of Edward's plan in Italy.

And though it wasn't actually in the Saga.. I would love to know what his time with the Volturi was like.

I never really thought about that before. But you're right reading NM from his pov and BD would be pretty cool. I've always just thought about how I'd love to read Edwards pov for the other books in the series. I have always loved Carlisle (who couldn't?) He is just such an awesome, good, loving, patient, wonderful guy. I wish we got more of him in the books, especially BD. what can I say, Carlisle ROCKS!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Bella&Edward_forever
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella&Edward_forever »

I like Carlisle, he is responsible but he let his family make their own decisions.
He is so smart and wise. And yeah, he is hot too. =P

I like the name Carlisle too, in the beginning it sounds strange to me, but I like it. =]
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Roseaurora and Pennybug84, I would love to read NM and BD from his POV also. His attitude always surprises me. Even after 4 books. I want to know how he keeps himself so calm.. Is it from years of practice? Does he just cover the panic and fear? What? It is always nagging at me! Everything he does, he always has a plausible answer and whenever he has a theory... it always turns out right!

His time in the Volturi would be cool to read about, like, what does he think about them? I also agree with what you mean about what he thought when he discovers their gifts. Or about how he thinks about Bella's birth and with her decision to keep the baby. Does he not agree? Does he respect her decision? Some things I can make inferences on, but others I just want to know for sure!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I recently finished Twilight again for the umpteenth time, and had an interesting musing about Carlisle. We know from several comments (from various characters) that newborn vampires have little self-control and are very thirsty. We also know that Carlisle loves his work as a medical doctor. In 1918 when he found Edward and changed him, don't you supposed that Carlisle chose to leave (for a time) the hospital where his presence was so desperately needed because of the epidemic, to stay with Edward during that early time when Edward supposedly needed more supervision and what a difficult decision that must have been for Carlisle, being torn between the two opposing needs? Wow, what a spot to be in!
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

You know that thought never accord to me.