Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Jazz Girl »

HarryTuttle wrote:Who thinks Dr. Cullen in the movies look like Spike from Buffy?
Openhome wrote:Great. First we have Jasper who looks like Edward Scissorhands, and now Carlisle looks like Spike?
Now you've ruined it for me. :lol:
Spike was rocking his own version of Billy Idol/Sid Vicious. And I've never thought Jaxper looked anything like Edward Scissorhands.

In my head, in the novels, I always saw Carlisle as resembling Achilles or Hercules. Bella often says he resembles Zeus' younger, better looking brother. But, I think that the key component to his look is his eyes. His compassion would shine through those beautiful tawny eyes.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

These are not my opinions!! The Jasper-Scissorhands came from another thread. I even Photoshoped it because it made me laugh to think about. However, Jasper does have that over-the-top angsty look of Scissorhands. I really can't get the Carlisle / Spike thing, thought Carlisle's hair in NM was a little too much like Spike's for my liking.
Here is Jasper Scissorhands. :lol:
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Afterall he does have a Michael Jackson complex as well, LOL.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

HarryTuttle wrote:Afterall he does have a Michael Jackson complex as well, LOL.
What on gods green does this mean?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Thank you, Jazz Girl, for asking that question! Some of us run screaming and covering our ears when that name is said, which can be a hindrance at times.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

A friendly reminder regarding the Sparkling forum rules. The threads in the Sparkling forum are for serious CHARACTER discussion. It is not about discussion regarding casting nor a place for IM type chatting. In addition, each thread is dedicated to one character or the relationship between the listed characters. Please keep your posts on topic. This thread is for discussing Carlisle, do you like or dislike his character? What elements of his personality do you admire or dislike? How do you percieve his role in the Cullen family? Etc...
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

When reading fanfiction, particularly canon, I always ask myself about the strongest traits of a character and how truly does an author hold to them. It is, for me, a way that I measure whether a character is that character, or merely a new creation of the author's who happens to share a name.

Carlisle is one of those characters, particularly within The Saga, who doesn't get a lot of face time, per say. But, every scene in which he appears and every word he utters holds amazing weight. He has earned the position of leader within the Cullen family, not by virtue of being their "creator" or "sire", but by truly leading them as the head of the family. His quiet strength, compassion, intelligence and true goodness not only earn him that position, but celebrate it. Rather than expecting the family to follow his lead, he truly earns their respect and deference.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
The Real Carlisle Cullen
Giving Life to the Lifeless

Post by The Real Carlisle Cullen »

Why thank you Jazz Girl for those wonderful compliments. I have always hoped that my family would follow me out of love and respect, and not out of fear or not having anywhere else to go. Your words are very kind.
It took me almost three hundred years, but she was worth the wait.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

The Real Carlisle Cullen wrote:Why thank you Jazz Girl for those wonderful compliments. I have always hoped that my family would follow me out of love and respect, and not out of fear or not having anywhere else to go. Your words are very kind.
Oh, Carlisle. The love and respect your children have for you is so clear to all of us. But, they are still teenagers at heart in many ways. The occasional spate of rebellion or plain angst is to be expected. Your steadiness and constancy are the best gifts you can give them and parental tactics you can use. There are days with my own teen that I pray for your patience. :)
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Fighting fate
Wandering Through Town

Post by Fighting fate »

Carlisle, what is there to say... well alot actually lol. But i know, if i were a cullen, i would follow carlisle anywhere he led me, he is naturally a leader, and he does not try to persuade or scare people into following, they follow because they know carlisle is one of the most sincere, compassionate, and kind beings you will ever meet. Everything he says is just oozing with profoundness. i cant even get my words to describe him just right ughh.. he is just.. just.. amazing. Carlisle to me, is one of the most humanistic vampires that ever exsisted. he is a far better person than most, i WISH i could say i was half the person carlisle is.
I dont want you, i need you. I dont care for you, i love you. Ill be there for you, because of you. I wont kill for you, Ill live for you. Ill do anything for you~~NBB