Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Jessalyn118 »

I like Carlisle!
he was so hot in the movie..Peter really deserve the role, he looked exactly like Carlisle in my head..
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

rapidheartbeat<3twi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

So I'm wondering, deep down, how Carlisle felt on Bella's mortality issue. I know, that his true feeling was that he respected Edward's opinion, but would bite Bella if she asked, but putting all his good-heartedness, selflessness aside, I wonder what he wanted. You know, was he thinking, "I want Bella to be a vampire. She would make a great daughter-in-law" or was it more "She shouldn't become one of us, there's too much pain and suffering." I'm thinking deeeeeep down. This is not logical Carlisle, this is what Carlisle the selfish person (if he exists at all. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep down) thinks on this issue. Any thoughts?
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ I think that he wanted Bella to become a vampire. He knew that if she didn't he would lose her son sooner or later.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ I think that he wanted Bella to become a vampire. He knew that if she didn't he would lose her son sooner or later.
Carlisle is one of my favorite characters. He's so modest, sweet, and humble.. and I do think he knew Bella was the one for Edward aswell. As said in one of the books, he always felt sorry for Edward before Bella came into the Cullen family's life, more specifically, Edward's life. Everyone was paired up with another, even himself, except for Edward. Bella helped Carlisle over that hurdle. :mrgreen: And when I picture Carlisle, I can't picture him as a vampire. A fighting vampire. Too weird. :lol:
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
cherylveenc
Settled in Forks

Post by cherylveenc »

Carlisle is a character that no one would ever dislike
i totally respect and admire him
how he suffered to become a good vampire...how he tried killing himself gazillion times
just because he thought himself as a monster
how smart of him to find a solution
how great and respectable of him as a doctor!
ive never heard of a vampire as a doctor
how the smell of blood is numb to him
its all amazing... and its funny the part of him explaining chromosomes to jacob
the best characteristics i like about him that he is always polite, humble, gentle and supportive
a perfect 'father' even tho he is just 20++ years old
he loves his family and willing to do anything for them support whatever they do
and also, he's frkn rich! (;
he's perfect
newborn twilighter
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

cherylveenc wrote:Carlisle is a character that no one would ever dislike

a perfect 'father' even tho he is just 20++ years old
The second plus stand for 350 years?
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
ireadbookstoo
Wandering Through Town

Post by ireadbookstoo »

Dreauror wrote: He mentioned I think it was Breaking Dawn or Eclipse that neophytes are very strong because they regenerate their blood and this makes them strong. They need blood to survive and what then? how do you keep them out of human contact for about twelve months without them biting someone. Ok you feed them animal blood but they still crave as is there natural vampire instinct human blood. How or what are your theories on how he did this.

Secondly how did he react to Rosalie, yes he saved her from death but then when he turned her she went off and murdered five men, avenged or what ever. How did he feel about that? Did she just slip out one night. I really need to know all this for my fan fictions. I checked out SM's site and she well her site led me here.
I have always naturally assumed Carlisle was a surgeon; though, I do see now how some people would have equal reasons for believing him to be of other specialties. That being said, a surgeon Carlisle can easily... acquire a few blood units from the hospital - especially in a small town like forks. Then reasonably, he can use those units to help vamps in the transitional phase until they can better control the thirst.

As to your second question, most physicians eventually realize that you can not save someone who does not want to be saved. And I believe Carlisle would be wise on that after a 300 year tenure. As much as he truly desired to help Rosalie, sometimes people become so injured that they stop caring, stop living. And all we can do is be there for them with open arms until they decide to let someone in on their burden. Now what exactly happened to Rosalie is rather reserved; Meyers is very careful with the wordings of that night. But Carlisle would just be there for her without being judgmental, much like he was there for Edward. The anger, resentment, and murders were Rosalie’s to share when she was ready. I think Carlisle would feel sorry about her need for vengeance.
- Team Carlisle -
"Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it, sight!
For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night."
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

ireadbookstoo wrote:[
I have always naturally assumed Carlisle was a surgeon; though, I do see now how some people would have equal reasons for believing him to be of other specialties. That being said, a surgeon Carlisle can easily... acquire a few blood units from the hospital - especially in a small town like forks. Then reasonably, he can use those units to help vamps in the transitional phase until they can better control the thirst.
I don't think Carlisle is a surgeon but an ER doc with surgical skills. An er doctor can also obtain blood from the hospital or blood bank.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

Stephanie totally needs to write a book about Carlisle's life through his POV. It would be AMAZING! He's lived such a remarkable, and interesting life! Imagine the movie would be brilliant as well seeing Peter Facinelli was the BEST choice for Carlisle ever!!
coli narago
Settled in Forks

Post by coli narago »

i love the way that he is so compassionate and thinks before making a decision. he looks at everybody's point of view. I'm glad that he gets all of that respect from everybody. He deserves it. I think thats it's really amazing how he could restrain himself from human blood all by himself in the first year. And it's really amazing that he could just sit behind a sack of potatoes for the three transformation days. I'm a history freak, so it would be really cool to talk to him about the time period he's from, in london.