Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Carlisle Cullen

Post by Jane V »

Moonlit Sunlight wrote:
bite_me wrote:Was he? I didn't really see him as nosy. Just really worried.
Yeah i can't really think of Carlisle as nosy. I have to agree with bite_me i think that he was just really worried.
hmm, must've missed that part. yes, i agree, i can't really picture Carlisle being nosy. i doubt that that's how Steph intended it to come across.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Stupidshinyvolvowner
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stupidshinyvolvowner »

I think Carlisle is a great character. I think it would be incredibly interesting to hear his story. He is immune to the scent of blood, but I was thinking last night what would happen is someone came into the hospital with blood as irresistible to him, as Bella's was to Edward. Do you think that could happen? Or has Carlisle trained himself to the point that noone's blood could "sing" to him in that way?
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ I don't think that humans can have that affect on him anymore, but I was reading some EsmexCarlisle FFs and some of them is as if Esme's smell was as good for him as Bella's was for Edward. And maybe that's true because when Edward asked if someone had smelled so good for him he answered "oh" which was like a yes.

I have a doubt about Carlisle. What kind of doctor is he? As he works at hospitals I thought that he knows a little about everything, but is he especialized in something?
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ I don't think that humans can have that affect on him anymore, but I was reading some EsmexCarlisle FFs and some of them is as if Esme's smell was as good for him as Bella's was for Edward. And maybe that's true because when Edward asked if someone had smelled so good for him he answered "oh" which was like a yes.

I have a doubt about Carlisle. What kind of doctor is he? As he works at hospitals I thought that he knows a little about everything, but is he especialized in something?
From I've read, I think he is an er doctor. That would make it easier and faster for him to move when needed.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ I was reading about ER doctors and Carlisle really could be one. Thank you!
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
murtaghgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by murtaghgirl »

How many ER doctors do you need in Forks? I mean they sent Bella to the ER and he was there yes(If I remember correctly correct me if I'm wrong) but by the looks of things maybe Carlisle attended to Bella on purpose because he knew Edward was involved.
E&C's_Fogo
Settled in Forks

Post by E&C's_Fogo »

Carlisle...is only second to Edward in my books... there is just something about a man being wise, gentle, loving, and mature that makes me go (ga ga) for them.... :lol:

I wish Carlisle was a real person....he seems like the type you could just go to for all of your problems and he would fix them.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

murtaghgirl wrote:How many ER doctors do you need in Forks? I mean they sent Bella to the ER and he was there yes(If I remember correctly correct me if I'm wrong) but by the looks of things maybe Carlisle attended to Bella on purpose because he knew Edward was involved.
only a few. (i think there's 3, but i could be wrong) Carlisle is a physican and also an ER doctor. they're fairly the same thing. well, they are the same thing. they don't need separate training to the best of my knowledge.

The doctors, i am not sure about forks, but they have different shifts, maybe? if you read midnight sun, it wasn't so much that Carlisle was in it (edward told him everything though) but carlisle just happened to be the doctor to examine both Bella and Tyler.
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

^^ They have different shifts. In a city like Forks two ER doctors aren't necessary at the same time. I guess Carlisle's shift is in the morning and goes until the time when the "kids" leave school, because on the accident when Edward was supposed to be at school Carlisle was there and when he came back home after school he was already home. But anyway, poor Carlisle! It must be horrible to be an ER doctor (at least it is for me lol).
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:^^ They have different shifts. In a city like Forks two ER doctors aren't necessary at the same time. I guess Carlisle's shift is in the morning and goes until the time when the "kids" leave school, because on the accident when Edward was supposed to be at school Carlisle was there and when he came back home after school he was already home. But anyway, poor Carlisle! It must be horrible to be an ER doctor (at least it is for me lol).
I don't think its horrible for Carlisle at all. My impression from the Twilight series is that he really enjoys it.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.