Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Charlie Swan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well, I think he probably did his major freaking out when Jacob transformed. By the time he got to the Cullens, he had already sort of "steeled" himself for things to come.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

*pops in* WOO! YEAH CHARLIE! 8-) *pops out*
List, Gnat ♥
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jasper<3 wrote:*pops in* WOO! YEAH CHARLIE! 8-) *pops out*
That was funny. It made me laugh, so thanks I needed that!

Anyway. Charlie is a cool character. I love how even though his relationship w/Bella is akward at times especially at first you can tell that he loves her and cares about her. I love how in NM and Eclipse he's a good father and is like Bella what are you doing? this guy broke your heart he should stay away. So with that I was a little surprised at how cool he was with them getting married. I expected him to put up a bigger "fight" and not want it to happen. Dont' get me wrong I was so glad they got married but I was surprised. And I loved how he was a grandpa to Renesmee. He was so cute with her.

I wonder if he were to become a vampire (just speculating) would he have a power & what would it be? I have no idea.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

I think by the time they got married he had sort was sort of resigned to it. Bella was a good kid in general and she never put her foot down and acted like a teenager unless it came to Edward. He knew her love for Edward was over the top and too powerful for her own good but without Edward she was practically catatonic and he tried to get her with Jake and that didn't work out. Edward was in love with her again and they were getting married. That was probably as good as it got. As a parent, I could see accepting that.

I would think he would have a shield too but a weaker one. Remember he muffled his thoughts and she completely blocked hers.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

pennybug84 wrote:
Jasper<3 wrote:*pops in* WOO! YEAH CHARLIE! 8-) *pops out*
That was funny. It made me laugh, so thanks I needed that!
Heh, any time! 8-)
List, Gnat ♥
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

pennybug84 wrote: I wonder if he were to become a vampire (just speculating) would he have a power & what would it be? I have no idea.
First time in the Charlie thread! W00t w00t.

Ok... well, the shield thing is true. He may be able to shield himself, just not use it the way Bella does. I always thought Charlie was very determined so he may be able to kind of will things into being, the way umm that one gal from the Irish coven, I think, does.

Image Image Image
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

If he could have willed things, I can't imagine what would have happened to Edward in Eclipse. :D

I doubt SM will ever write a MS sort of thing for Eclipse but wouldnt' it be funny to be Edward. I can imagine Edward sitting there with Charlie in the room hearing muddled thoughts of him being thrown out a window or whatever violence Charlie was thinking.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Do you think Bella would have been better off if Charlie had been her primary guardian, rather than Renee?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
eternally_yours
Settled in Forks

Post by eternally_yours »

I'm not sure that Bella would have been better off with Charlie as her primary guardian, but I do think it could have made her a different person character-wise. Obviously, since we see it in the books, she turned out okay having lived with Renee most of her life. I think, because Renee had the tendency to be "scatterbrained," it caused Bella to grow up a little faster and become much more mature than most people her age. Perhaps, had Charlie been the primary guardian of Bella, she wouldn't have had to worry so much about that. I know she cooks and cleans for Charlie in the books, but I think if Charlie had custody of Bella when she was younger, he would have been forced to learn those things himself in order to take care of her. Plus, she would have been growing up in Forks which is a pretty small town and might have fit in a little more as she grew up.

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think Bella would have had a stronger personality had she grown up with Charlie. Kids can develop a strong sense of themselves when they have a parent who is very sturdy and reliable. Charlie is that. All of Bella's problems stem from the fact that she has no idea who she is, really, and her identity is so easily eclipsed by her relationship with Edward (no pun intended!).

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...