Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Aro

Post by corona »

Jazz Girl wrote:More than that, I don't think he honestly ever truly did figure it out. I mean, I think he understood it academically, as a matter of process. But, I don't think that Aro ever really truly understood the depth of the impact it could have. That honestly shocked me. His reaction to Edward's request, his reaction to Marcus' continued grieving and his refusal to let Corin ease the pain... it's just a complete demonstration of Aro's inability to empathize or to comprehend the true nature of emotional connections. Which, of course, essentially let to his downfall.
JG, I think you hit the nail right on the head, and I also think to an extent that his understanding is still academic. I'm not sure he knows even today what his exact reaction would be if Sulpicia died, but he seems more terrified about being potentially incapacitated from grief than her death itself. Which means, yes, he is a very cold fish indeed, but then you have to be to offer sparing Bella and Edward's lives if only they would step aside and let him slaughter their child.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Aro

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote: Which means, yes, he is a very cold fish indeed, but then you have to be to offer sparing Bella and Edward's lives if only they would step aside and let him slaughter their child.

Ahh, see, here again, differing interpretations. I always saw this as his manipulative powers at their best. Just as he knew that Caius' callous murder of Irina would incite the violence he needed, he also knew there was no way that Bella & Edward would or could step aside and allow Ness to be hurt. He was counting on it to justify the slaughter he intended. But, his knowledge was incomplete. He had no understanding of just how gifted that little family is. So, try as he might, his manipulation just couldn't work.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS