Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Alec

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Alec of the Volturi Guard.

To discuss the Volturi as a group visit The Volturi Coven and Guard thread.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Elena Cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Alec

Post by Elena Cullen »

yes! so I get to be the first to talk about Alec, huh?

character wise, he's "young" but his exact "age" isn't known (yet, i'm hoping the char. guide will give more info) he wears a "pearl grey suit" according to NM (i would give the page, but my copy isn't with me) and he was personified as a "casanova" in the Vlex (hehe...good times)

now, if i may....... SPOILER ALERT!

assuming this is enough of a gap to warn anyone who has yet to read BD, pleasse do not continue on...
what do you think about what was revealed in the end with regard to the "anesthetic"? Personally, I thought of it as a fire-ice scenario yet again (motif anyone?) and I loved the idea of how his power is a mirror image of his disposition (he never really acted up like Jane did)
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

I always wondered...and still do to this day...if Aro had a hand in getting Alec and jane burned at the stake. maybe he knew that would heighten their powers and that was when he intended to change them...when the possibilities of their powers were most heightened?

anyway, that's beside the point. i truly think Alec would have been an amazing assett to the cullen family moreso than the Volturi, had he been changed perhaps by Carlisle and under different circumstances. The contrast between jane's reaction to their last human situation and Alec's shows, I think, that Alec might have had more of a tender heart as a human; he hated the pain of burning but didn't want to inflict it on other people. You might even call his vampire gift merciful, because in a deadened state the "prey" would not feel the pain.

Again, beside the point. I can't help thinking...if Alec had been changed under different circusmtances...given the theory that he was a rather friendly human..do you suppose he might hav ehad a power more similar to, say, Bella's, whose love for thsoe around ehr is the eky to her power?

Just a theory, if that makes any sense ;)

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
Elena Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Elena Cullen »

I see where you're comng from, that's a really good theory! I think that's true...Jane would most definately deny the Cullen's way of living, but Alec could accept it... somehow I think that Alec might be kind to some people... almost like playing with his food before eating them hehe... :lol: but definately in contrast to Jane who would just go for the kill...
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

I always wondered...and still do to this day...if Aro had a hand in getting Alec and jane burned at the stake. maybe he knew that would heighten their powers and that was when he intended to change them...when the possibilities of their powers were most heightened?
Wow interesting and terrifying idea.

Ever since NM and SM Personal Correspondence on the Lex I wondered about Alecs gift. I pictured it similar to Jane’s. But that slow progressing fog in BD was really creepy. If he ever decides to renegade, the Volturi would have a really big problem, he is like the only one who can take them out :shock:
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

RajaniArchana wrote:I always wondered...and still do to this day...if Aro had a hand in getting Alec and jane burned at the stake. maybe he knew that would heighten their powers and that was when he intended to change them...when the possibilities of their powers were most heightened?

anyway, that's beside the point. i truly think Alec would have been an amazing assett to the cullen family moreso than the Volturi, had he been changed perhaps by Carlisle and under different circumstances. The contrast between jane's reaction to their last human situation and Alec's shows, I think, that Alec might have had more of a tender heart as a human; he hated the pain of burning but didn't want to inflict it on other people. You might even call his vampire gift merciful, because in a deadened state the "prey" would not feel the pain.

Again, beside the point. I can't help thinking...if Alec had been changed under different circusmtances...given the theory that he was a rather friendly human..do you suppose he might hav ehad a power more similar to, say, Bella's, whose love for thsoe around ehr is the eky to her power?

Just a theory, if that makes any sense ;)
Ahh see I don't know about this.

I don't think Alec is friendlier at all, I just think he's calmer. Besides his ability to effect more then one person with his "fog" he's allot more dangerous then Jane. He's less impulsive, more calculation, more thoughtful...

It's kinda like the Caius/Aro comparison I like to use. They are both evil and on the surface Caius seems more threatening but really unless you're Edward Cullen he's more dangerous cause you don't know what he's planing. Chances are it's 20 times worse then whatever C plans to do to you...

So getting back to the twins, I don't think Alec's power manifested that way because he's more compassionate or caring I think it's just how they saw what was happening to them and a combination with how their personalities already were. Jane thinks "Everyone needs to pay for this. They should all hurt just like I hurt now. Anger, Rage, RAWR." Alec thinks "Make it stop, make it stop, I just want everything to go away, maybe I should just DIE." In many ways his power is allot like death. You aren't dead but to not feel, see, hear, smell, or taste anything is like death. Complete and utter isolation from anything that might help you remember what is real. Probably worse then death acctually....

And throughout their life it's pretty obvious that Jane was more "focus on one thing, I'm going to get you, EVERYTHING stops until I find away to make you pay" where Alec could easily step back and look at the big picture of what was going on.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
iriseyes
Settled in Forks

Post by iriseyes »

Alec power scared me. being completely cut off from everything would be horrible. i also think that it's kind of sick that aro uses him to dull anyones senses as an act of mercy. yeah you get to die, but you won't know that you're dying? then again, he didn't get to pick his power did he?

I like the theory that alec would have turned out differently if carlise had changed him. it looked like he generally cared about his sister and his gift might relect his dislike of suffering
B.DaL
Settled in Forks

Post by B.DaL »

Does anyone know how old alec and jane were when they were turned?
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

B.DaL wrote:Does anyone know how old alec and jane were when they were turned?
i think they were 12 or 13-ish. i also don't think Aro had a hand in them being burned at the stake, since i think that he was going to wait, but they were going to die so he was forced to act and turn them.

Alec is interesting. not as cool as Jane, though :mrgreen: [cough me cough] :twisted:

anyway, Alec's power is a bit creepy. he's definately worse than Jane, to me anyway. more calculating, which makes him a whole lot worse. i mean, Jane gets you, and it's over. but with Alec, you're just helpless, waiting to be killed.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

oh man, Alec is awesome. He is just so mysterious and tranquil but deep down the devil is growing. hahaha...perhaps that should be Aro but i think they're both very alike.
Anyhow, his gift is down right scary...the fact that it 'creeps' to reach you just sends shivers down my spine even though he illuminates all my senses, still though *shudder* but *sigh* i love him still. dunno...i have a thing for the bad guys.