Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by Angelvamp »

suzzeeQ wrote:But I need to know why. Leah is my favorite character and I want to know why she is the way she is. Chimerism is the only explanation that makes sense to me so I'm going with it. Stephenie hasn't said anything on the matter, and until she does, that's what I'm going with.
I say go with it, suzeeQ, and hats off to you for finding a credible explanation! I wonder if SM reads any of these posts and plans to address some of the issues brought up here in future books. Something tells me no, but one can always hope. I'm not sure she would arrive at such plausible explanations, considering her struggle with scientific credibility. :)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Amiee
Settled in Forks

Post by Amiee »

I think it was just a coincedince. I mean, sm has never said that only males can become a werewolf, right ? So, maybe she is just the first female one, followed by plenty other ones! (:
But, afther that, I really like Lea. First, round Eclipse and so on, I didn't. But when I was readinb Breaking Dawn I begun to understand what it has to be like, for Lea. I mean, if you really love someone, and he imprints on your cousin. And if that isn't enough, you have to hear everything they think/do and so on. That's pretty hard to deal with. And normally, you can be broken hearted, be sad, mad, whatever. But even that is hard for Lea, because they can all hear it. And in breaking dawn she is a really funny personality, with all that bickering between her and Jake. And that she got mad at Bella because what she did with Jake. Great x'D
They say; 'Guns don't kill people. People kill people.'
Well, I think guns help. I mean, if you just stood there and yelled: 'Beng!'
Don't think you'll kill too many people, eh?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Well, if it was coincidence, why did SM make such a big deal over it?

I just don't think that all that ado was over nothing. If it's just a coincidence that Leah was the first female wolf, but also lost her monthly cycle and hasn't imprinted and hasn't been imprinted on, well then, that just doesn't make sense to me.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I can't help but think that it is important. So much so, that if/when SM returns to this world, that she may be writing Leah's story. That these tid-bits are all to help set up the next series that could come from this world if SM chooses. It IS strange that Leah phased, females never phased before, there must be a reason for it. Something that may be discovered/revealed later.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Yeah. I mean, if she was the first female wolf and she changed and everything was peachy keen, well then it could be a coincidence. But I think that with everything that came along with her changing, this was meant to be important.

Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Yeah. I mean, if she was the first female wolf and she changed and everything was peachy keen, well then it could be a coincidence. But I think that with everything that came along with her changing, this was meant to be important.
Well there are two ways too look at this situation. One could be what una said about adding all this stuff to Leah so SM could build more on her should she continue to write more about the world. Two could be that she gave all that to Leah so that we could be presented with more angst. :lol:
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

Of course, everyone is assuming that Leah was the first female wolf, which may be true or not. Does it matter, really? Is it such a stretch to think that women can be heirs to magic, as well as men? Really, I think that the fact that people change into wolves is much more compelling than the fact that a WOMAN might change into a wolf. The very surprise of such demonstrates chauvanism.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Oh,absolutely.

I simply don't think it matters whether or not she's the first female wolf. When I read that Leah was a wolf I was literally like "Oh. Cool!" I think it's surprising to people not because we all think that a woman can't be powerful like that, but because the pack was so very male before that.

The only reason I think any of it matters is when you're considering the world of you-know-what that fell upon Leah.

It sort of makes sense though, that women would make fantastic wolves. I mean, the wolves' nature is to protect, right? And a lot of women's nature is to be protective, you know?

Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Oh,absolutely.

I simply don't think it matters whether or not she's the first female wolf. When I read that Leah was a wolf I was literally like "Oh. Cool!" I think it's surprising to people not because we all think that a woman can't be powerful like that, but because the pack was so very male before that.

The only reason I think any of it matters is when you're considering the world of you-know-what that fell upon Leah.

It sort of makes sense though, that women would make fantastic wolves. I mean, the wolves' nature is to protect, right? And a lot of women's nature is to be protective, you know?
Your right, women would make fantastic wolves, it kinda makes you wonder why there haven't been more before hand in the first place lol.
chewie1bernie
Settled in Forks

Post by chewie1bernie »

I really feel for Leah. She went through so much! I can't even imagine how much pain she went through when Sam left her for Emily. That girl was practically a sister to Leah! I do think Sam still loves her, just not in a romantic way. That's evident when he told Jared to get down on his knees and uses Sam's old nickname for her. I do think Leah still loves Sam. The stuff she said about wanting him to be happy, that makes you realize she does love him still, but is still bitter and angry and hurt about it.

I do wish we could have learned her happy ending. I think a book from her perspective would be nice. We could see if she finally can get along with the Cullen family, and be comfortable with it. And see her friendship with Jacob grow.