Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Oh I know that! :) Oftentimes I want to punch the pack's lights out for treating her the way they do. Sure, she's a b!tch, but she has a very valid reason, and it doesn't seem like they put in a very strong effort to get past the wall she had so obviously put up.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Well, it's not just losing Sam that makes her a "bitter harpy." I think it's also the way becoming a werewolf has changed her life. Not to mention losing her father!

In fact, Narnia, the pack hardly supports her at all when she first phases. At least not in the way they seem to support each other when they first join the pack. The gender lines are just as strong as the wall you mentioned -- and those lines are drawn from BOTH sides.

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Oh dear, I should stop posting at 1 a.m. I can't believe I wrote that she only had one reason :oops:

I think that the gender lines help contribute to the wall though. After that first phase she would have needed all the help and support she could get. The pack was probably avoiding her, concentrating on Harry, and Bella as I pointed out, partly because they felt so awkward thinking about how she was the first female wolf, and they didn't know how to deal with it.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

I don't mean to shamelessly plug this.. but I wrote 2 drabbles from Leah's perspective on fanfiction.net.. and I would love to hear what you guys think about it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4923840/1/I_Hate_What_I_Am
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

dawn wrote:I don't mean to shamelessly plug this.. but I wrote 2 drabbles from Leah's perspective on fanfiction.net.. and I would love to hear what you guys think about it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4923840/1/I_Hate_What_I_Am
I really liked that ! Especially reading it from kind of her perspective, if you get what I mean! :)
I really like Leah in the Twilight Saga. It gave an interesting twist when she became a Werewolf. The first girl Werewolf in history. If Stephenie Meyer ever wrote a book about the Saga from someone elses perspective, I would love it to be from Leah or Renesmee.
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I have sub-zero desire to read anything from Renesmee's point of view. But I would love to hear from Leah. She's just real, you know? Like, Bella was written to be this totally relatable character, but as the books went on, I found her becoming less and less relatable. Leah, for all her faults, stays real.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
FindYourTrueCalling

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I have sub-zero desire to read anything from Renesmee's point of view. But I would love to hear from Leah. She's just real, you know? Like, Bella was written to be this totally relatable character, but as the books went on, I found her becoming less and less relatable. Leah, for all her faults, stays real.
Couldn't agree more about Bella being less relateable throughout the later books.
ImageImage
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Leah just seems like the type of girl you'd like to have your back, you know??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Post by Renesmee101 »

I love Leah. She's definitly the female that I find myself identifying with most in the book. She's strong, badass, doesn't really give a sh*t what people think of her, and she can very much stand on her own. In a book where the female lead is fairly emotionally fragile and unable to function without her male counterpart, I found Leah to be delightfully refreshing.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
FindYourTrueCalling

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Leah just seems like the type of girl you'd like to have your back, you know??
I love how Leahs and Jacobs relationship grows in a way, that she was able to leave Sams pack and to feel included in Jacobs 'pack'. She found a place where she could belong.
ImageImage