Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by Lunna-san »

Jazz Girl: First, thanks for the compliments. I'm big fan of your posts too. They are very insightful, very interesting. Your last one wasn't different. And it makes sense, part of Bella is probably relived because Jacob imprinted on Renesmee and because finally everything is in place. I think she's happy for Jacob, because he finally got his special person.

On the other hand, she's Renesmee's mother. So, in the end, I think she'll stick with Renesmee whatever is her decision: Jacob, Nahuel or some other guy. The important it's that Nessie is happy.
eclipserox wrote:New question. On the Edward thread, we were discussing how protective Edward will be of Renesmee when she gets older, particularly in regards to dating. We were thinking about Edward's reaction to hearing Jacob's less than pure thoughts. I actually think Bella will be more protective. Edward will liekly share the thoughts he hears. Bella certainly didn't react that well when she first realized Jacob had imprinted on Renesmee. What do you guys think?
The whole situation is pretty freakly. Jacob once in love with Bella now was having dirty thoughts about Renesmee. :roll: I think she'd freak out a bit with Jacob. But she probably knows it's a lost battle. :lol: But trying to cover Renesmee with a bit more clothes than usual is an option. But she can try. Maybe, if she find a way to shut others thought for her and Edward's sake would be a bless for them.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

roseaurora wrote:I think the main concern might be over when the romantic relationship between Nessie and Jacob starts. Nessie is mentally much older than her body is, I wonder what it will be like while she ages. Actually, they never really talk about what it is like for the imprinter as they change from "nanny" to best friend, to lover... is it gradual? Or does it hit them like the initial imprinting does? I think it would be gradual, I guess... And I wonder how it is for the person imprinted on... is hard for them to change from those roles? Is there some kind mystical element that guides them through it? Wish we knew a bit more about the whole imprinting process...
Wow, RoseAurora, you being up a really good question. I've always thought of it kind of like how the imprinting happens, but not as liefe-changing, I guess. When the imprinting happens, it is just BAM whole new world, this person is your center of gravity now. But, I believe that the navigation of the relationship would just feel very natural. That same sense that allows the imprinter to identify their soulmate telss them exactly what that person needs from them in that moment. As you said, "some kind of mystical element that guides them."
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
olpatlanta
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In the inappropriate Robert Pattinson comments support group meeting.

Post by olpatlanta »

Jazz Girl wrote:
roseaurora wrote:I think the main concern might be over when the romantic relationship between Nessie and Jacob starts. Nessie is mentally much older than her body is, I wonder what it will be like while she ages. Actually, they never really talk about what it is like for the imprinter as they change from "nanny" to best friend, to lover... is it gradual? Or does it hit them like the initial imprinting does? I think it would be gradual, I guess... And I wonder how it is for the person imprinted on... is hard for them to change from those roles? Is there some kind mystical element that guides them through it? Wish we knew a bit more about the whole imprinting process...
Wow, RoseAurora, you being up a really good question. I've always thought of it kind of like how the imprinting happens, but not as liefe-changing, I guess. When the imprinting happens, it is just BAM whole new world, this person is your center of gravity now. But, I believe that the navigation of the relationship would just feel very natural. That same sense that allows the imprinter to identify their soulmate telss them exactly what that person needs from them in that moment. As you said, "some kind of mystical element that guides them."
I know that Jacob talked a little about the transition. That you are whatever your imprinted person needs. So when they are younger you act more as a friend and protector and as you get older and the need for a lover arises that is the role you fill. But is interesting to ponder if this change happens like the initial imprinting. Is it instantaneous or is gradual. I would guess a little of both. It is probably like having a really good guy friend that you never thought of as more than just a friend and then one day you look at him and are like hey he's kinda cute and makes me laugh all the time. Maybe there is something more to this guy than friendship.
Alice's Party Planning Committee:World Class Chef
Irritable_Grizzly
Settled in Forks

Post by Irritable_Grizzly »

I hope it's OK for the new girl to have a question!

In BD, Rene is all but forgotten. This is a woman who panicked when Bella didn't write for a couple of days. I know Bella was working on her scratchy voice, etc., but I just kept thinking how she called her mom her "best friend" and yet she has a child who's who will be fully grown in no time. Wouldn't she want to see her granddaughter? So, I wonder. Would Bella try to talk the Cullens into letting her mom visit if she or Charlie kinda prepared her?
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Good question "I_G", one I've been wondering about myself.
I imagine that Renee will eventually have to be let in on the game, if you will, but I think they will try to tell her a bit less of the actual truth than even Charlie knows, since, as we all know, Renee is not nearly as strongly-constituted as Bella or Charlie.
I'm curious as to what the story they tell her will be.
As for why she's not a big part of BD, I assume that they are trading her concern over her daughter's safety for her being safe from the Volturi. After all, Aro knows everything that Edward has ever thought, when he touches him, and if Edward were thinking about how Renee was in on the situation, or whatever, that might put her in just as much danger as I imagine Charlie is even now...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Irritable_Grizzly wrote:I hope it's OK for the new girl to have a question!

In BD, Rene is all but forgotten. This is a woman who panicked when Bella didn't write for a couple of days. I know Bella was working on her scratchy voice, etc., but I just kept thinking how she called her mom her "best friend" and yet she has a child who's who will be fully grown in no time. Wouldn't she want to see her granddaughter? So, I wonder. Would Bella try to talk the Cullens into letting her mom visit if she or Charlie kinda prepared her?
I don't think so. One of the things, especially in the wedding that Bella was sure it's that her mother would be fine, even without her.The same about Charlie. It wasn't her idea to tell Charlie.

Seeing Renee would mean more secrets. Another person around the Cullens and all the risks envolved. I really doubt Renee would be satisfied with the "official" version of the story. Like Bella, she'd dig until she finds out exactaly what her daughter became. She's really observant. And when it's about humans, less is more. ;)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Very true, Bella did decide to officially "give her mom up", didn't she?...
Well I guess that's that..
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Lunna-san wrote:
Irritable_Grizzly wrote:I hope it's OK for the new girl to have a question!

I don't think so. One of the things, especially in the wedding that Bella was sure it's that her mother would be fine, even without her.The same about Charlie. It wasn't her idea to tell Charlie.

Seeing Renee would mean more secrets. Another person around the Cullens and all the risks envolved. I really doubt Renee would be satisfied with the "official" version of the story. Like Bella, she'd dig until she finds out exactaly what her daughter became. She's really observant. And when it's about humans, less is more. ;)
Well said, as always, Lunna-san. I think it was primarily for her safety, keeping her uninvolved in the supernatural world, for the most part. But, I also think distance, emotional and physical, did play a factor. Throughout the series, we see Bella put a greater and greater distance between she and her mother. It's kind of like a mother when her child moves out on her own, only in this case Bella is the parent and Renee the growing child. Bella becomes more and more assured that Renee is surviving ok without her, and that Phil is taking care of her. So, while Bella loves her mother and still feels close to her, she doesn't struggle as much with keeping her in the dark or seperating from her.

And, after the wedding, Renee and Phil return to Jacksonville, just awaiting word from Bella when they return from the honeymoon. They expect the occasional email and phone call. Certainly they will expect visits, but not too often. They want to keep in touch, but physical distance lessens the amount of contact they expect. It is different with Charlie, who lives in the same town and would, therefore, expect frequent visits and such. Bella was fully prepared to give up both of her parents when she was transformed. That she got to keep them in any way was just the creme in the oreo.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I want an oreo..... :(
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:I want an oreo..... :(
:lol: You are soooooo random, some times!!!! :lol:

Keep making me laugh this way and it will almost make up for.... well... you know. :twisted:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty