Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by who_needs_fangs? » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:02 am

Thank you for saving me the trouble of explaining why she was stupid to run straight to the sadistic vampire. I've never seen Bella described as a bada$$ before, though it was pretty awesome when she was about to attack Kate for threatening to shock Nessie.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|

SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:41 am

In the circumstance I described (and also in the fan fic I wrote with my love, see link on my signature) she is quite the bad @$$, but pretty much just in those instances.
For the most part, she's not very tough, pretty fragile and breakable actually...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:45 am

Hey guys new Bella question:

Do you think Bella will ever come across a la tua cantante?

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:18 am

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hey guys new Bella question:

Do you think Bella will ever come across a la tua cantante?
Ooooo, good question! She did describe Charlie as the best scent she ever smelled, but she was not hunting and this was her father. Lucky for him her super self-control was in full mode at that moment.

Charlie could have been, at that moment, her la tua cantante. You never know but that she may have not truly come across her ulimate scent - yet. What if it is Renee'? Or Angela? or better yet and even humorous - Jessica or Mike? :lol:

In the words of Renesmee - "More". I want more great questions, Mrs.Edward_Cullen. :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict

lauren00
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauren00 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:24 am

In the New Moon movie, are they going to show the cullens with the Denali's?Or all on Bella?

If Bella did not meet Edward would this have happend?

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 am

lauren00 wrote:In the New Moon movie, are they going to show the cullens with the Denali's?Or all on Bella?

If Bella did not meet Edward would this have happend?
You never know. In some ways, that would be cool to see their lives with the Denalis. If it is written right and if it flows well with the storyline, it could be pulled off well. But that would depend on Melissa Rosenberg and she so screwed up Twilight that I do no have much faith in her ability to not only adapt this darkly beautiful book to screen much less put in great scenes to pull the story together properly. :x
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:02 pm

My fear with adding those scenes is that it would mean something is being left out. NM is quite long and additions to the story would mean subtractions from the book.

I thought we had discussed Bella's best and worst movies earlier?

Mine were:
Worst- When she gets the dumb idea to be like the 3rd Wife when Seth and Edward are fighting Victoria and Riley (I think that was his name...). Such a stupid idea! Her blood flowing would distract Edward way more than it would have distracted Victoria!!!

Best- When Jane attempts to attack Carlisle in BD but Bella's shield stops her. Jane glares at Bella and Bella grins at her. So Awesome!!! Favorite part of BD! Made me to giddy!

And these scenes are so strikingly similar, the only difference is that Bella is a bad a$$ in BD and can back up her attempt to help with her ability!

That chick was meant to be a vampire :D

As for the la tua cantante, I bet she does at some point. Sounds like Emmett has come across more than one (is that right or was is just the time that was described in MS?) I would love to see that situation. I feel for Jasper, and I too would like to see Bella struggle a little bit with her new existence. I have no doubt that she would be able to resist it, but it would be "fun" to see the struggle.
Last edited by roseaurora on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:21 pm

i think shes matured alot in this series but i think when edward left her in new moon she was looking for someone to be there for her just like jacob.but i knew they wouldent end up together..

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 pm

:oops: Failed attempt to "edit", hit the wrong button... so sorry :oops:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 pm

So, as I posed the question, I will share my favorite and most infuriating Bella moments:
Most Infuriating Bella Moment:
In Eclipse, after Rosealie tells Bella her story, she says to Bella, "Please don't give him a hard time. He loves you more than you know. It terrifies him to be away from you." (please forgive me if the quote is not exact, I don't have my books). This statement is coming from the most self-centered being in existence. If she can see, can understand, wow. And, I'm sorry, but if you can terrify a nearly indestructible immortal, that must be a strong emotion. So, what does Bella do? She jumps on the back of a motorcycle with his mortal enemy, a person who he is terrified will kill her, and goes the one place he can't follow and she can't be seen. Are you fracking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Bella Moment:
I, too, have to choose a moment from BD. And, the battle, her protecting Carlisle, and especially Edward, from Jane and then just grinning at her is rather spectacular. But, I have to go with a different moment. Bella always reveled in the fact that Edward couldn't read her mind, that she was able to keep some things, some errant (and some not so errant) thoughts away from him. So, in my mind, that moment when she truly shares all of herself with him, lifting her shield and letting him into her head, is the single most selfless and loving thing she could ever do for her husband.

To answer the la tua cantante question, I don't know. I think it is ironic that in the few instances we see of it, it is always with the opposite sex. I have wondered previously if it has anything to do with identifying a human who might make a good mate for a vampire, if they were turned. But, the resounding response was no. Anyway, I, too, would like to see Bella struggle just a little, make Jasper feel just a little better. But, it begs the question, I wonder if it is a two-way attraction? By that I mean, I wonder if Edward was human and Bella a vampire, if the pull of his blood to her would be similar?

Sorry, I'm starting to ramble. I'll stop now.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS