Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by Jazz Girl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I have missed your questions so, Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3. Great one to come back with. Edward taught Bella that you can still be strong, even if someone is taking care of you. He also taught her the power of compromise, and that it is okay to be afraid, as long as you don't let the fear overwhelm you, change you. But, I think the most important thing he taught her was how truly strong she was, stronger than even he realized. And, I am not talking about her shield. Bella was truly a mentally and emotionally strong woman, regardless of how weak she felt at times. Recognizing and reveling in her strength was Edward's greatest lesson to Bella.
Bella, on the other hand, taught Edward a little humility, a lesson he sorely needed. She also taught him to listen outside of his head. But, most important is, as Lunna-San pointed out, that Edward is a truly good person who deserves love and happiness. Hopefully, he learned also to stop turning his back on happiness when it throws itself into his arms. :roll:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:57 pm

New question:
Bella is so close to her dad now, especially since she can have him in her new life too. And she lives in a world of immortals where the Cullens, Edward, Jacob, and Renesmee won't die. How do you think she will deal with losing her dad or even her mom and friends once she has outlived them?
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Hmm. That's interesting. I have absolutely no idea.

I mean, think about it. We've never really seen Bella not get exactly what she wanted. How would she react if she really had to deal with a loss??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:57 pm

suzyq248 wrote:New question:
Bella is so close to her dad now, especially since she can have him in her new life too. And she lives in a world of immortals where the Cullens, Edward, Jacob, and Renesmee won't die. How do you think she will deal with losing her dad or even her mom and friends once she has outlived them?
I'm sure it would be no different than when she was a human. Charlie is still her dad and Renee', her mom and even though she knows in the due course of time they will die, it will still be very hard on her.
Time and immortality will never change that and pain she will endure when it happens.
That is how I see it.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict

DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:31 pm

go bella
i love her powers but i wish she could attack people with her mind shield!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 am

I think she'll suffer a lot, but she knows they'll, eventually, die someday. It won' turn the loss easier, but I think she'll be able to live with. It's part of the immortal life - and human life aswell - to lose people.

And, btw, Bella would never accept turning her parents just to keep them. She never wanted to involve Charlie on this, take aside turn them just 'to have her way".

roseaurora

Post by roseaurora » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 am

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Hmm. That's interesting. I have absolutely no idea.

I mean, think about it. We've never really seen Bella not get exactly what she wanted. How would she react if she really had to deal with a loss??
I think that we have in fact seen her deal with a loss... pretty much all of NM when she is dealing with Edward leaving her. She doesn't deal so well... haha.

I think it depends entirely on how they die. While I really enjoy most of BD, there are parts that I have a hard time with, and Bella getting to keep Charlie in her life is definitely one of them. We saw through the other 3 books just how dangerous it is for a human to become wrapped up in the world of vampires. Even though Charlie doesn't really know exactly what is going on, he is still being exposed to some real danger. If he is around the Cullens all the time and some other group of crazy-nomadic vampires or just non-vegetarian vampires, or even the Volturi come around, Charlie will be in danger. He will be like Bella was all over again... an easy target, the most perfect hunt because he has such powerful vampires around him.

So, getting back to the question... if something happened to Charlie as a result of his being around the Cullens and becoming a target, I don't think Bella would be able to handle that. I think that she would seek revenge and get a little crazy and never be able to forgive herself. It would be so much worse because at least when Bella was a t risk, she knew it, she understood that being with Edward was dangerous and she made the choice to do it anyway. Charlie doesn't really understand the danger that he could be in and hasn't made a conscious choice on the matter. (And all of this is why I have such a hard time with the whole "willful blindness" Charlie has that lets him stay in Bella's life).

However, if Charlie (and Renee, etc) lives a full and happy life and then pass on of old age, I think that Bella will grieve just as she would have had she still been mortal...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm

An interesting question, SuzyQ248. If, as RoseAurora points out, they die of natural causes after a long and happy life, than I think she'll be okay. She will be able to prepare herself, get used to the idea of their death and accept it as apart of natural human events. But, at the same time, I also think that she'll have to seperate from them before this happens, which will make it just a bit easier for her to bare. We have already seen this happen between Bella and Renee. Once Bella moves to Forks, despite how close she is to Renee, she puts a little distance between the two of them. Yes, she is still close to her and still loves her mother, but isn't as concerned about her day-to-day life as she was previously. Well, we know that Bella and Edward and the rest of the Cullens are going to have to move on from Forks and soon, too. I don't think at all that Charlie is going to follow them. So, while she will stay close to Charlie (closer than she has been while she was living in Phoenix), I think that same kind of distance will set in between them. So, yes, she'll be devastated when she loses either of them, but she will deal with it fairly well.

And, I just don't see nearly the potential for danger from the supernatural world applying to either Charlie or Renee. Once the Cullens move on from Forks, their will be less of a connection between them and Charlie. And, honestly, with the ENTIRE Cullen family(which now #s 11) protecting Charlie and Renee, there just seems so little a risk that that might be a possibility.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:04 pm

it is funny my friends call me bella. i have her car exactly, and am clumsy, well like her in every way. now all i need to do is move to forks (i actually don't live that from away from forks) change my name, and start dating a vampire. :lol: like that is going to happen. i am secretly not dating anyone so if a male, aviblale, vegitarian, vampire is out there reading this and is intrested i am free! not really.
right back to bella, well i think she is a strong character, self sacrifacing, and mature. i do think she started out mature and got less and less mature throughout the books. that is only my opinion.
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me

roseaurora

Post by roseaurora » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 pm

I just finished my 3rd read through of Twilight, and I am still catching things that I manged to overlook previously!

I think that SM gave us the first hint that Edward isn't the only vampire whose ability she was shielded from. During her encounter with James he explains to her how he found her in Phoenix. He says on page 446:

"And wouldn't it be the perfect ploy, to go to the last place you should be when you are hiding- the place you said you'd be. But of course I wasn't sure, it was just a hunch. I usually get a feeling about the prey that I'm hunting, a sixth sense if you will."

Am I reading too much into this? If not I think its pretty dang cool that she managed to hint at it like that!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!